• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2019
Don't link me to irrelevant PvP stats. Answer the question. This was never a debate about the kind of player Gladd is in PvP, but in PvE.
How many Seventh Columns does he have? Rhetorical question (like I hope yours were).

And nope. This was always a debate about whether PvE "skill" was impressive, and in a game with a PvP component, I don't see how trouncing static AI is impressive. Sorry you don't get that. Which is why I don't get why people complain about PC players having a PvE "advantage."

Oct 28, 2017
How many Seventh Columns does he have? Rhetorical question (like I hope yours were).

And nope. This was always a debate about whether PvE "skill" was impressive, and in a game with a PvP component, I don't see how trouncing static AI is impressive. Sorry you don't get that. Which is why I don't get why people bitch about PC players having a PvE "advantage."

PVE isn't static. Its got its own rhythms and flows. AI might be a set rule of determinants but unless you act the exact same way every time in response to the exact same choices the AI makes, PVE still has its foibles. If it didn't, we'd all have grown bored of the game by now. Except maybe the mentalists out there who love to do simple and predictable things all day, like 2 + 2 over and over.

You can't act like a big dick bandit because you prefer PVP over PVE. Both have their own merits, and PVE certainly isn't the dumbasses choice.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
That's cool but I don't see the point until we know more about 2.0.

ProstatePuncher I could see the curse end in a story way but keep the ST around to rotate every three weeks because it's still important for titles and badges.
Well, given 2.0 isn't coming for 2 full months, regular armor and its perks still very much matter. So getting rolls that you prefer to have should be a thing if you like this armor enough to want to wear it all the time.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Nope. This was always a debate about whether PvE "skill" was impressive, and in a game with a PvP component, I don't see how trouncing static AI is impressive. Sorry you don't get that. Which is why I don't get why people bitch about PC players having a PvE "advantage."

If it isn't impressive then so many more people would have world's first titles but they don't. Your whole argument is thrown out the window right there. Gigz (a much better PvP player than Gladd) has less world's first titles than Gladd. Literally two teams beat Last Wish in the first 24hrs. T1 and Redeem and the latter was first. Like I said, show me how many world's firsts you have, how many raid bosses you've soloed or two-manned or how many speed running records you have. If you have literally none of those then you really don't have much of a place to be saying what he's doing in PvE content isn't impressive.

Jun 4, 2019
If it isn't impressive than so many more people would have world's first titles but they don't. Your whole argument is thrown out the window right there. Gigz (a much better PvP player than Gladd) has less world's first titles than Gladd. Literally two teams beat Last Wish in the first 24hrs. T1 and Redeem and the latter was first. Like I said, show me how many world's firsts you have, how many raid bosses you've soloed or two-manned or how many speed running records you have. If you have literally none of those then you really don't have much of a place to be saying what he's doing in PvE content isn't impressive.
We'll just agree to disagree then *shrug*

lol @ Destiny's PvP being hard or the ultimate test of your gaming prowess.
I mean, sure, but then PvE is way lower on the totem pole.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
PVE isn't static. Its got its own rhythms and flows. AI might be a set rule of determinants but unless you act the exact same way every time in response to the exact same choices the AI makes, PVE still has its foibles. If it didn't, we'd all have grown bored of the game by now. Except maybe the mentalists out there who love to do simple and predictable things all day, like 2 + 2 over and over.

You can't act like a big dick bandit because you prefer PVP over PVE. Both have their own merits, and PVE certainly isn't the dumbasses choice.

Precisely. Not to mention PvE involving more than just point and shoot, particularly in raids.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Also to be fair, BMW has always been of the mindset that everything has always been fine in the Crucible and the solution is just to buff everything, the opposite side of the spectrum from nerf everything, that is also just as irrational.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's been done to death but good lord scouts are fucking awful. I'm trying to get these arc kills against guardians step done but I seem to be just getting maps with massive sight lines. I don't have an arc pulse rifle so I decided to try a scout and there doesn't seem to be a range where it's worthwhile.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
If you don't have mini-sparrow, then your e-peen is automatically reduced by 95%.
tri-cycle sparrow in pink actually gives me life.

I know it's been done to death but good lord scouts are fucking awful. I'm trying to get these arc kills against guardians step done but I seem to be just getting maps with massive sight lines. I don't have an arc pulse rifle so I decided to try a scout and there doesn't seem to be a range where it's worthwhile.
Use a Waking Vigil. It's pretty meta right now. Scouts just aren't in a good place for most content in D2.

The only place Scouts are really strong (imo) is for 200k+ Nightfall runs. That said, the Reckoning scout with explosive rounds is pretty good in all activities. One of the few that is.

To be fair, even good players constantly bitch about OEM.
Near free wall-hacks are inherently problematic on any class that has them.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

Bows are even worse with the draw time.

Use a Waking Vigil. It's pretty meta right now. Scouts just aren't in a good place for most content in D2.

The only place Scouts are really strong (imo) is for 200k+ Nightfall runs. That said, the Reckoning scout with explosive rounds is pretty good in all activities. One of the few that is.

I don't know how to use a hand cannon on maps like Midtown, especially when no one is going for B on control.

Also apparently I scrapped my decent Waking Vigil in my last vault purge, rip.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think that's it. I leveled all 3 of mine up at the same pace (green armor --> switch toon --> green armor --> repeat on blue) and the green armor was the biggest slog of any armor level. Armor looks nice, but my perks aren't good enough to equip very many parts of. I like all of the glowy bits except for the titan shoulders and helmet. Looks weird to me and I'd keep them disabled or -- more likely -- put on a different armor piece (something with relevant enhanced perks). Everyone else is pretty nice looking IMO. Marginally better than last Solstice's armor.

GL on this stuff everyone.

You know that once you get the purple armor on a character than the solstice packages can drop purple armor with different stats?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I don't know how to use a hand cannon on maps like Midtown, especially when no one is going for B on control.

Also apparently I scrapped my decent Waking Vigil in my last vault purge, rip.
i see. :(

but yea with hand cannons (or really any weapon archetype), you get used to them. Just gotta spend time with them. It may take a very long time (hundreds of matches), but once you find that sweet spot in range and more naturally gap-close to get into that range you'll become a fan of them.

I started Destiny 2 with pulses and scouts because (1) I was not comfortable with short/mid-range weapons and gameplay speeds, and (2) I was not familiar with any of the maps, having not played D1. I was simply more comfortable with dad weapons and playing at dad speeds (more passively). It wasn't really until Forsaken or just before it that I started using more short-ranged weapons. Now I play typically an aggro style with a hand cannon and shotgun or sniper rifle and I never ADS for longer than 1 second. Just takes a lot of time and desire to get better with a given archetype.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
You know that once you get the purple armor on a character than the solstice packages can drop purple armor with different stats?
It's a very small drop rate, and the chances of getting enhanced perks is even slimmer than the chance of getting Solstice armor.

Once Armor 2.0 is out, chances are it's gonna turn out that it wasn't even worth grinding for to begin with.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Mountaintop will be made easier before or after Shadowkeep? If after, does progress reset? I know you have to hit Fabled in the final step.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
i see. :(

but yea with hand cannons (or really any weapon archetype), you get used to them. Just gotta spend time with them. It may take a very long time (hundreds of matches), but once you find that sweet spot in range and more naturally gap-close to get into that range you'll become a fan of them.

I started Destiny 2 with pulses and scouts because (1) I was not comfortable with short/mid-range weapons and gameplay speeds, and (2) I was not familiar with any of the maps, having not played D1. I was simply more comfortable with dad weapons and playing at dad speeds (more passively). It wasn't really until Forsaken or just before it that I started using more short-ranged weapons. Now I play typically an aggro style with a hand cannon and shotgun or sniper rifle and I never ADS for longer than 1 second. Just takes a lot of time and desire to get better with a given archetype.

I normally use hand cannons, it's more that when it's not control (and when it is too frankly) those long range maps devolve into people sniping between A and C to control the heavy ammo. I don't know the maps well enough either to properly gauge where people are based on the radar to properly flank either.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I have a sneaking suspicion that spike grenades will be nerfed around the same time, so they may not be nearly as good in PvE.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised or at Shadowkeep release. But I play with Fighting Lion a lot either way nowadays, so it's something I'd be chipping away at regardless and already over Fabled so was wondering.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
One gambert match away from majestic.

The thought of doing this again for two more characters.... 😐

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
In my experience (about 70 packages), I got a solstice armor piece about 20% of the time.

I have a sneaking suspicion that spike grenades will be nerfed around the same time, so they may not be nearly as good in PvE.
they will 100% get nerfed. enjoy them for the next 60 days and prepare to farm something new.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Soon. I see the finish line. \o/ (Quickplay, Militia-Fighting Lion-Play of the Game)

RVS9T1I.png

Aaaand its done. I need to sleep now. :)

EBE9HgaW4AIZzln

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Revoker + Inertia Override is probably the most fun I've had playing aggressive snipes in PVP in a long time. Glad I chased this weapon.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, what are the rules for getting brand new exotics to drop?

I have ever other exotic on my Warlock except for Astrocyte Verse and I keep getting dupes.

Status
Not open for further replies.