• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Is it just me or does Graviton Lance do surprisingly little damage? Like, I thought that the perk would save it but it's... just NOT that much damage. The Polaris Lance was better for damage overall.

Guess I'll just switch to either Le Monarque or just go Huckleberry and use the Loaded Question till they buff scouts and I can use the Oxygen SR3.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Is it just me or does Graviton Lance do surprisingly little damage? Like, I thought that the perk would save it but it's... just NOT that much damage. The Polaris Lance was better for damage overall.

Guess I'll just switch to either Le Monarque or just go Huckleberry and use the Loaded Question till they buff scouts and I can use the Oxygen SR3.

Graviton used to be great, but not so much right now.... I'm like 90% done with the catalyst, so once it hit's 100% I'll be done with it forever...

For PvE just stick with Loaded Question for arc burn, jotunn for solar burn and I really like wavesplitter for void burn. (erentil works pretty good as well.)

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
As someone that recently jumped back into D2 after taking a hiatus from the game right after Black Armory dropped (when I found myself unable to do any of the content), I suddenly find myself at 702 LL (from ~580) after ~8 hours of play. They weren't kidding about pushing people up in level.

Question on chalice runes - I've unlocked three purple ones and purchased the red rune upgrade - is it just completely random if I get new ones or not? I've done a treasure map since and still get one of the same three purple runes. Same from all the barge chests I opened - just the same three purple runes over and over again. Do you have to do something to unlock each first before you can then collect them?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As someone that recently jumped back into D2 after taking a hiatus from the game right after Black Armory dropped (when I found myself unable to do any of the content), I suddenly find myself at 702 LL (from ~580) after ~8 hours of play. They weren't kidding about pushing people up in level.

Question on chalice runes - I've unlocked three purple ones and purchased the red rune upgrade - is it just completely random if I get new ones or not? I've done a treasure map since and still get one of the same three purple runes. Same from all the barge chests I opened - just the same three purple runes over and over again. Do you have to do something to unlock each first before you can then collect them?
There's a whole recipe for creating the type of gun/weapon you want.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

Yea it's random though not getting any red runes from the 15 barge chests seems like tremendously bad luck. But with everyone running rune finder in activities, after a while you'll eventually get a good stockpile of all the runes.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone who has it does Revoker have a triumph associated with it?

Similar to Recluse's "Necrotic Bite" or Luna's "Under A Full Moon"

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Ok thanks. I only need like 1500 glory but I've been helping someone try and hit Fabled so they can get their own Recluse so I only play with them.

Nov 14, 2017
There are too many invasions in gambit. If you have a good invader, you can bypass the pve part of the mode - wait for the other team to summon their primeval and then start sending blockers and invaders every 4 seconds ensuring that everyone in that team never played gambit ever again.
If you're at primeval you just bait out invasions and burn after you've killed them. All the blockers are just more orbs for your super and more heavy ammo cos of taken armaments.
That does feel kind of weird considering how useless they have been.

However, it is just for one activity....
They are now super useful in any activity where you don't want to die. Having one in flawless Crown is also nice, for example. It goes to show how important encounter design is; just having stuff that will one shot you at close range all of a sudden makes titans good again.

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
I'm gonna hop on in like an hour, if anyone wants to play some comp I'm game - I need to play my 3 games for the week

PSN: Yoshui_

Dec 2, 2017
Ace of Spaces (at the kill enemies in gambit)
The Whisper
Lumina (haven't started this at all yet, looks like PvP step is near the end)
Thorn
The last word
malfeasance (at the second to the last step on this one)

Malfeasance and Whisper don't require PvP so you're good there. None of them are honestly that tough in the PvP department. Getting 50 kills for Lumina isn't that bad, even a pretty terrible player should be able to manage 6-10 per match. When I read your initial post I assumed you were talking about Mountaintop or Recluse.

I want to know what this hall of triumph looks like tomorrow. Also grinded strikes, crucible withrune finder and openeed all the chests. Got just one hand cannon rune.

But it dropped with dragonfly/rampage

Which mod do I put on it?

Back up mag
Rampage mod
Dragonfly mod?

Edit - it's a aTrust, only hand cannon that I can fire accurately on console.

Um, congrats? You just got what some think is the best hand cannon in the game right now. I'll say rampage mod on that one. The dragonfly mod doesn't make that big of a difference in my experience.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
If you haven't got a full Menagerie Armour Set yet, get it today or before Reset tomorrow. The 4 Tribute Hall Triumphs I've done have required Menagerie armour and weapons, more you have the more progress.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
If you haven't got a full Menagerie Armour Set yet, get it today or before Reset tomorrow. The 4 Tribute Hall Triumphs I've done have required Menagerie armour and weapons, more you have the more progress.

FFFFFFFFFF ive got so many beloveds and austringers that I never grabbed the armor. Guess I will do that tonight.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Shiiit. Oops, I don't think I've bothered with any since I'm already at 750. On Vita, I can only manage 2 chesrs per run.... shiiiit
Is your Vita hacked? I'm contemplating doing it for emulation, but am worried of losing remote play/getting banned. Everywhere I read online says I'll be fine, but I don't know if I trust it.
I use my Vita exclusively for remote play now

demi

Oct 27, 2017

You don't need Menagerie armor or guns. You can use any Leviathan gear - Leviathan / Eater of Worlds / Spire of Stars / Crown of Sorrow

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Is your Vita hacked? I'm contemplating doing it for emulation, but am worried of losing remote play/getting banned. Everywhere I read online says I'll be fine, but I don't know if I trust it.
I use my Vita exclusively for remote play now

Nah, it's a legit vita; I'm too scared to fuck with it.

Remote play works good for Destiny, but there is some input lag.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
As if I'm going to be able to find people to do old raids with on my one day to actually raid with.

Which is a sunday, after most people finish their raids for the week

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Which is a sunday, after most people finish their raids for the week
I have pretty good success finding groups to do things on Sundays. There are enough of us "older" gamers that work during the week and have family stuff that the weekend is our prime time for raiding and whatnot. It might be platform dependent but weekends have traditionally been good to me on the PC at least.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The raid triumphs for Tribute Hall only count looted encounters. I did a Last Wish using all gear (+Tarrabah) and I got it completed after Morgeth

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So I can only do the Izanagi's burdern Pyramidion strike with people on the same step? None of my friends are even close to getting it aand its my last exotic quest :(

demi

Oct 27, 2017
No, you should be able to invite people. You have to be host to pick the mission though I believe.

I can still do Thorn strike with people even though I already have it

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone, ill try lfg when im home.

No, you should be able to invite people. You have to be host to pick the mission though I believe.

I can still do Thorn strike with people even though I already have it

I had people who didnt have thorn help with that but none of my friends can join my pyramidion strike.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
They might need to have the quest completed on that character first. Do your friends have the gun or on that step yet?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Decided to just say fuck it and try to go for the Recluse.

And wow, Crucible is a lot more fun and even manageable when it's 4v4 and people are actually trying.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Decided to just say fuck it and try to go for the Recluse.

And wow, Crucible is a lot more fun and even manageable when it's 4v4 and people are actually trying.
Comp can either be awesome and fun or a completely terrible experience depending on who you are grouped with. I'd rather have a close competitive game, win or lose, than a blow out by either side. Unfortunately here lately I've been getting more of the latter than the former.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They might need to have the quest completed on that character first. Do your friends have the gun or on that step yet?

No and from the sounds of it they have no interest because of how long the quest is and how the gun doesn't beat out DARCI or Whisper for dps :(

Im just worried I wont find anyone on lfg because its far from curse week and I assume most people do it right after shattered throne.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
No and from the sounds of it they have no interest because of how long the quest is and how the gun doesn't beat out DARCI or Whisper for dps :(

Im just worried I wont find anyone on lfg because its far from curse week and I assume most people do it right after shattered throne.

You should be able to use the app, or if you post in the DEra LFG it shouldn't be too hard to get help for 20 mins to run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.