• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
What is wrong with crucible? I'm 15-10 and 1.18 k/d my last 25. Both well above average, and thats with some loadout playing around . Hell I'm now almost 1800 clash elo for some bizzare reason. Mercy's everywhere.

It's a damn potatoe farm out there. Just ran up two more mercy's...

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gambit hate never ceases to amaze me lol. If you think Gambit is boring, you must think 99% of the rest of the PvE content is mind numbing, since it's genrally a lot less involved than Gambit.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Got my Lumina quest finished. Got lucky and had my Super ready right as we got an invader and I was the first to him and rained Titan hammers down on him for the kill. Regular Gambit, not Prime. The Xol Strike is strangely anti-climactic after all that prep work. I wonder why they didn't do a Heroic version like they did with Thorn?

Dec 2, 2017
I did the whole quest within that session.
The first match we had no reason to win that but that comeback.
I was wrecking them with NF invading.
You died like 999 times, I could see why you're salty.
Hey now, it was only 998, let's not exaggerate. But it's true though, I slept 4 hours and only ate a chicken breast today. I have the reflexes of a chair right now.

Still woulda enough to beat that guy tho.

Last edited:

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Hey now, it was only 998, let's not exaggerate. But it's true though, I slept 4 hours and only ate a chicken breast today. I have the reflexes of a chair right now.

Still shoulda enough to beat that guy tho.

I play better when I'm both drunk and sleepy.

wqewqqwr.gif

Lumina is garbage, just like thorn.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Gambit hate never ceases to amaze me lol. If you think Gambit is boring, you must think 99% of the rest of the PvE content is mind numbing, since it's genrally a lot less involved than Gambit.

It's fun I guess as a solo player I dislike how remarkably team strat dependent it is. And teammate dependent. And frustrating.....

Which i guess is like crucible and I like crucible...shrug.

I just dont like going in knowing that if the other team has a primeval melt strat we have no chance as solos. I dunno, it's a weirdly frustrating mode.

Then gambit prime makes it worse because of the armor nonsense. I dont want dedicated armor for the activity. That's a pain in my ass.

Nov 14, 2017
I know it's not quite the god roll but is this still worth replacing a Sleeper Simulant? Or should I just keep trying for the god roll? I'm mainly looking for Boss DPS.

CJtnFci.jpg
That could be comparable to a Swarm. Rangefinder boosts velocity when you ADS with a GL, I think? So that plus range MW should mean it's OK at least. The big downer is that it's solar, so you only get a 1/3 damage buff w/tractor and not 50%. That makes it a pretty average choice when it comes to boss DPS. It's OK if you can't get swarm; I bet a decent Edge Transit would also be OK with spikes and velocity despite the lower rate of fire, as long as your group has tractor.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's fun I guess as a solo player I dislike how remarkably team strat dependent it is. And teammate dependent. And frustrating.....

Which i guess is like crucible and I like crucible...shrug.

I just dont like going in knowing that if the other team has a primeval melt strat we have no chance as solos. I dunno, it's a weirdly frustrating mode.

Then gambit prime makes it worse because of the armor nonsense. I dont want dedicated armor for the activity. That's a pain in my ass.

I was really more commenting on the remarks that its somehow braindead or doesn't require teamwork. I've had a pretty mixed bag solo queuing, it can be good or bad. Grabbing a buddy or two always helps. I like the idea of Gambit Prime armor, but they way its given to you and unlocked is just kinda backwards. Didn't like how the first few sets obviously became obsolete as soon as you could get the sets with more bonuses. If they could just drop from playing Gambit and drop where they will not be immediately useless, it'd be better. As it stands I havent bothered with it, even as a huge Gambit fan. The few times Ive gone to Gambit Prime instead of regular Gambit, it seems most people didnt bother with it as well.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I like Gambit and Gambit Prime. Yeah it feels punishing at times but what team vs team activity doesn't sometimes do that in an online game? Coming from quite a few Blizzard games like Overwatch and HoTs it's certainly less involved and nuanced than those games are and I happen to think it's also more fun, most of the time.

Regarding Lumina, it feels like an exotic Spare Rations to me, which is a good thing. Basically, if you liked Rose you will love Lumina.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Help me understand the Jotunn grind...

Can you ONLY get it from the last forge doing a powerful frame or you can just keep running that forge and it will eventually drop?

I'll add a question - do I have to have all the forges unlocked for it to have a chance to drop? Or can I just run that last forge since it's already unlocked?

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
What activity does that gun drop from ?? I've been away for a season from destiny. Just jumping back and starting a warlock character. I have grind ahead . Used spark of light so it won't be that bad!

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah I don't get it either. Some people hate the frequency of invasions, but once you realize that the invader is on a timer and it is up to you to decide whether you want to engage or not, it becomes way less annoying. Everything about the invasion mechanic is so predictable that I'm surprised some invaders manage to wipe the team per invasion.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't get it either. Some people hate the frequency of invasions, but once you realize that the invader is on a timer and it is up to you to decide whether you want to engage or not, it becomes way less annoying. Everything about the invasion mechanic is so predictable that I'm surprised some invaders manage to wipe the team per invasion.

For me lately I've had two games where the "Invader has arrived" announcement starts and before it's even finished I've been killed by the Invader. They have wall hacks and an over shield and they invade way too often. There should be a limit, like time outs in the NFL. You get a set number-but once you used them all, you're done.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'll add a question - do I have to have all the forges unlocked for it to have a chance to drop? Or can I just run that last forge since it's already unlocked?

It only drops from the Bergusia forge but I'm not sure if it will drop unless you've unlocked everything else.

Jun 4, 2019
User Banned (1 Day): Pattern of antagonistic posting.
Most of the PvE content IS mind-numbing, mate. Even raids are mind-numbing past the first few runs. You really think anyone* would be playing PvE if it weren't for the hunt for better loot?

*with an above average IQ

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
A tip that just possibly saved me a weekend of anguish: go double middle tree void doomfang titans for the flawless boss this week in menagerie. I don't have mountain top so I can't get into all the cool groups one-phasing it but double doomfang makes it so easy. They just stand on opposite ends, juggling aggro from the boss while their shields lay waste to all the adds. It's also certainly more fun than holding right click.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, so anything I should be chasing before the Menagerie chests are nerfed? Made sure I had a complete set of Opulent gear and all the new weapons.

I have an Austringer that's Full Bore/Accurized Rounds/Snapshot Sights/Zen Moment, so would basically just be chasing the same roll with Rangefinder or Opening Shot as the last perk.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Most of the PvE content IS mind-numbing, mate. Even raids are mind-numbing past the first few runs. You really think anyone* would be playing PvE if it weren't for the hunt for better loot?

*with an above average IQ
I do patrols/adventures occasionally, not for the resources, not for the hunt of better loot but just for the satisfaction of the combat, so yes, people like me might still be playing PvE.

Also, you've pretty consistently been shitting the thread up with toxicity "Anyone who doesn't play the game ____ way is stupid" "Lumina sounds amazing if you're an absolute idiot"

How about a little reflection on how ridiculous and narrow minded you sound for continuing to insult anyone who doesn't conform to your particular playstyle. People can get excited for a new weapon that enables a new playstyle even if it's not optimal, people can try out oddball loadouts for fun, people can play PvE just for the sake of doing so without a childish accusation of having a lower IQ. One of the greatest strengths of Destiny is that you can tackle it's content in an ever expanding variety of ways, to hell with the elitist bravado that you continue to spew that says otherwise.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth grinding out for a god-roll Austringer on consoles? I already have Luna's Howl and a curated roll Warden's Law.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth grinding out for a god-roll Austringer on consoles? I already have Luna's Howl and a curated roll Warden's Law.
Yes, a God Roll Austringer Range is even higher than Ace, has the most stability of all the handcannons, very good aim assist, Eye of the storm perk prevents bloom, your shots actually land thanks to high range and stickiness. Alot of people are switching to Austringer/Service Revolver + Mind Bender's Ambition combo.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Been putting some time into the Polaris Lance and while it's definitely fun AF, I still don't really "gel" with it.

Gonna give the Graviton Lance a shot now and then Coldheart.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Double Post but I'm such a rebel, I don't care.

Why is the /join and /invite function not working? Apparently it's been screwed for a while?

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
It feels exactly like Spare Rations. Nowhere near as much fun to shoot as Thorn :/

Not about the killing power of it. Store noble rounds, buff allies on tough enemies.

It's noticeable.

EDIT: People saying Lumina isn't viable aren't thinking outside the box. It's not intended to be run by 6 guardians in a raid fireteam.

Run a warlock with well and lumina. Use your healing/overshielding grenades. If you do it well, your teammates will decimate in Crucible and tear through bosses in PVE.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
If you do it well, your teammates will decimate in Crucible and tear through bosses in PVE.
Exactly. And if you read the Lore behind it this is what Rose/Lumina was always meant to do. Not be the hardest hitting or quickest to kill but rather to support the fireteam and enable them to be stronger. And when I said it feels like an Exotic Spare Rations that was a high compliment as Spare Rations, to me, is one of the best Hand Cannons in the game.

Lumina both looks and sounds better than Spare Rations (which is a big plus to me), handles as well or better, kills as quickly and heals and buffs your team mates. I've only used it for about a half a dozen Crucible games so far but I already think it's going to be an excellent addition to the game and a weapon I will use very often. And in better hands than mine it certainly has the potential to add to the game in ways that we haven't seen before.

Oct 28, 2017
I ought to get my Lumina grind finished. I fucking love playing support in games and if I can buff and heal people with something like that, I'll definitely take on that mantle.

Currently on the "Do activities in a fireteam" bit. Will have to LFG some grind group for it.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Never listen to people telling you what you should or should not use or what's an 'optimum loadout'. And Lumina is pretty good because it buffs all your weapons, not just itself. So you could switch to your stupid Ikelos shotty and dump all your ammo in 10 seconds at 35% constant buff, or a 1KV, or any GL with spike grenade.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Teamwork"
"Coordination"

Because "run the meta" and "always invade" is some big brain strategery lmao
Why are you so demeaning toward other people? Especially about Destiny. You imply that anyone that plays this game and enjoys it is simple minded. That whoever finds challenge with any content and likes it is someone with low IQ, implying they are dumb or stupid. Get out of here with your garbage.

Oct 28, 2017
🤝

I'm just a bit sad there aren't more useful avenues for the Titan to do stuff like that. The bubble back in Destiny 1 was always so satisfying to use.

I went warlock because space wizard but things like the charged solar grenade being a giftable overshield, wells and lunafaction boots are just so good and tasty to help me facilitate a support role.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Never late to correct that mistake 😉
I actually made a warlock character and cleared the base campaign. Now I'm stuck in a dilemma.

Do I use my free boost that covers the base campaign + 2 expansions on a third character (hunter) or use it right now on the Warlock and make a Hunter when Shadowkeep comes out and that whole New Light business starts?

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
I actually made a warlock character and cleared the base campaign. Now I'm stuck in a dilemma.

Do I use my free boost that covers the base campaign + 2 expansions on a third character (hunter) or use it right now on the Warlock and make a Hunter when Shadowkeep comes out and that whole New Light business starts?
Have you ever played a hunter before? I only recently started working on mine again after playing exclusively warlock for 99% of my Destiny career.

I'd say if you're really enjoying warlock then go ahead and boost it, once you get close to 750 on one character leveling up the second takes so much less time. I boosted my hunter a couple of days ago and then have him my 750 weapons, he's already like 730 now.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Have you ever played a hunter before? I only recently started working on mine again after playing exclusively warlock for 99% of my Destiny career.

I'd say if you're really enjoying warlock then go ahead and boost it, once you get close to 750 on one character leveling up the second takes so much less time. I boosted my hunter a couple of days ago and then have him my 750 weapons, he's already like 730 now.
Nope, played a Titan in D1 and then a Titan in D2 again.

You're probably right, I'll just boost the Warlock and get to the Hunter once Shadowkeep comes out. My Titan's already like 732 or 733 so it shouldn't take THAT much time in the long run.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
Nope, played a Titan in D1 and then a Titan in D2 again.

You're probably right, I'll just boost the Warlock and get to the Hunter once Shadowkeep comes out. My Titan's already like 732 or 733 so it shouldn't take THAT much time in the long run.

That's a good plan. Doing Benedict's bounties gives you the biggest boost each week now for sure, and menagerie is a big help as well. If anything maybe bump your Titan up closer to the cap and then work on your alts. Honestly I think I've given up on trying to run 3 characters, it's already a bit much trying to work on my hunter now that my warlock is basically done.

I've been maining a warlock since alpha of d1 and the other classes still just don't click the same way as it does for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.