• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2017
That's weird. I'm in the Southeastern USA and I've never waited that long for a Gambit match. Usually MM is less than a minute.

Very good. It's an excellent PVE weapon (and pretty good in PVP also). The only downside in my eyes is the same one that a lot of exotics have - no orb production on multi-kills. Bungie really needs to release more catalysts for exotics so that they can be Masterworked. Otherwise LeMon is great.
100% agree. There are awesome weapons I love like Thorn that I just can't use because I'm letting down my teammates.

Dec 2, 2017
How do the higher tier nightfall based emblems work? I was doing strange terrain and got the first upgrade and my friend got the 1st and 2nd upgraded emblem so, I was wondering if it's dependent on individual score?
I used to think so, but it seems to just be random. At different times I've gotten emblem variations from just barely clearing 100k, and nothing from going 150/200k.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
How do the higher tier nightfall based emblems work? I was doing strange terrain and got the first upgrade and my friend got the 1st and 2nd upgraded emblem so, I was wondering if it's dependent on individual score?
They are random drops for nightfall completion. Higher score means better chance. Think its 50% chance for 100k or more.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yep that's the only thing that bothers me about moving my main account away from PS.

I'm hopping with cross saves more people come to PC but i gotta think if you have a PC that can run destiny you prob jumped ship awhile ago. Free version might help too. Waited 2-3 mins for a strike as well, things that were instant on PS4 take much longer on PC (for me so far). That said prob still finish said activity faster on the count of faster loading on PS4.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That's weird. I'm in the Southeastern USA and I've never waited that long for a Gambit match. Usually MM is less than a minute.

South Florida here, dunno what the issue is then. Its not a huge deal just feels weird when everything else is so much better on PC having the wait times be the only thing I miss from the PS4.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
If there's anyone on Xbox who needs help with the 50k NF for Rose, message me on here or Xbox (same GT)

Wednesbury

Apr 10, 2018
Man I just bought the Forsaken collection on PC and reading through this thread as a complete Destiny novice is horrifying. Whole lotta words and phrases I don't understand. Will the game (mostly) ease me in, or should I be reading some guides/wikis or something? I'll be mostly playing solo I presume.

Once you've finished playing through the campaigns and are in the "end-game". Braytech.org's "This Week" tab is a great resource to see everything you can be working towards during the week. Good luck!

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Man I just bought the Forsaken collection on PC and reading through this thread as a complete Destiny novice is horrifying. Whole lotta words and phrases I don't understand. Will the game (mostly) ease me in, or should I be reading some guides/wikis or something? I'll be mostly playing solo I presume.
Ahhhh you probaby maybe should have waited for new light in September to really ease you in, whatever questions you got just ask. Even if it seems consuming or what to do next, just ask.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
tfw this score

unknown.png

becomes this score

unknown.png

I wish I could express how hard it is to not talk shit after the early We Ran Out of Medals and tea bagging they were doing. But I'll assume they'll remember the L for the rest of the day which is satisfying enough.

Dec 2, 2017
I don't really think it's all that confusing, like I said just play through from the beginning and you'll learn it all the same way we all did.

Just remember that figuring out half this game involves google youtube & reddit, by design as community building. The answers are always close at hand if you hit a roadblock.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
tfw this score

unknown.png

becomes this score

unknown.png

I wish I could express how hard it is to not talk shit after the early We Ran Out of Medals and tea bagging they were doing. But I'll assume they'll remember the L for the rest of the day which is satisfying enough.

reminds me of already started gambit matches i've joined and they have already summoned the prime evil. Was able to turn a few of them around.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently DeeJ also said that after Shadowkeep drops, Vex will begin invading all over the solar system

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Q: Is anyone buying the Collector's Edition? I am intrigued by what surprises (skins, ships, sparrows?) it may hold, but I don't know if I'm *that* intrigued.

Oct 25, 2017
tfw this score

unknown.png

becomes this score

unknown.png

They stopped listening to Shaxx at their peril

"You gotta take those zones Guardian"

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Wait he paid for recovery? LOL.

I already thought of him as a parasite from the way he post but paying for recovery? Even parasite is too good of a word to be used.

Still got the balls( if he had one) to talk about PvP and spouting off time to kill values and meta when he even can't climb to fabled with his beloved godly bygones.

Wait were you not here when he was getting shit on constantly because of it.

Was fucking hilarious.

How... do I make Gambit an enjoyable experience?

Get a fireteam of your friends to play and that should help a bit but if not you either not give a shit about winning or just go back to orbit and do something else.

Orion117

Dec 8, 2018

Deej mentioning the vex invasions. Interesting that the first season is vex themed instead of hive.

Edit: completely forgot that black garden is confirmed for raid. Ofcourse its vex themed.

Dec 2, 2017
How... do I make Gambit an enjoyable experience?
Roll with three friends so you can coordinate, divide up roles, make sure everyone can get the right amount of motes & all bank at the same time to screw over the other team. Have callouts on invaders.

And get a straight up PvP assassin as your dedicated invader, they can keep you in any match.

Running Gambit with a full squad of Era folks is some of the most fun I've had in this game. We once stomped our way to a 20 streak.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Roll with three friends so you can coordinate, divide up roles, make sure everyone can get the right amount of motes & all bank at the same time to screw over the other team. Have callouts on invaders.

And get a straight up PvP assassin as your dedicated invader, they can keep you in any match.

Running Gambit with a full squad of Era folks is some of the most fun I've had in this game. We once stomped our way to a 20 streak.

Makes sense. I really want the Breakneck.... because I'm insane and some of these other quests with Gambit steps are really daunting.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Is it within the realm of possibility that the dreadnought has crashed onto the moon? Got that vibe watching the trailer.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Also question for Recluse.... the title requirement. It never checked off when I reached max rank, is there something separate for Comp or what?

Yes, comp has its own ranking points, Glory. You need to hit 'fabled' in that (2100 points). They start at 0 (and can't go negative), and they go up with wins and down with losses. You get bonus points at weekly reset for having played three matches the week prior.

Oct 25, 2017

You get more points if you are on a win streak so If you can get a nice win rate going you should be fine but its basically the "get good and be consistent" part of Destiny PvP since your team is important and you play a crucial role in that.

Or you can get 3 other sweaty people to carry you :p

A darker alternative is paying someone to get it for you.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Comp Pinnacles, since I've finally been dipping my feet in that some... the ranking doesn't seem like it'll be that much of a problem, especially with being patient and waiting for the reset bonuses... the question is how the fuck am I supppsed to get all those grenade launcher multikills??? I am getting into a better PvP groove with the pro pipe, but even then. Heavy ammo doesn't do much good either, it feels like I only get 4 grenades so basically need two enemies right on top of each other to get a double there.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I'm gonna try for that this weekend.

Also question for Recluse.... the title requirement. It never checked off when I reached max rank, is there something separate for Comp or what?

Get your favorite auto rifle and get in there but if you are not sure on choice i would suggest a Ringing Nail, Halfdan-D or a TigerSpite (preferably with Outlaw) but im sure other posters have more in mind.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Comp Pinnacles, since I've finally been dipping my feet in that some... the ranking doesn't seem like it'll be that much of a problem, especially with being patient and waiting for the reset bonuses... the question is how the fuck am I supppsed to get all those grenade launcher multikills??? I am getting into a better PvP groove with the pro pipe, but even then. Heavy ammo doesn't do much good either, it feels like I only get 4 grenades so basically need two enemies right on top of each other to get a double there.

Mayhem is next week. Fire up that Nightstalker and do your best to get kills. It will take slower than comp but it's better than nothing

Oct 25, 2017

Have your ever heard of our Lord and Savior called The Fighting Lion?

this one is for you John :p

Seriously though try that since it uses primary ammo but it has a learning curve (one shot in the barrel, weird ass trajectories, etc) imo.

Orion117

Dec 8, 2018
Will redrix count as a pinnacle crucible weapon? Atleast it only requires 25 comp matches played, win or lose.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Have your ever heard of our Lord and Savior called The Fighting Lion? :P

this one is for you John

Seriously though try that since it uses primary ammo but it has a learning curve (one shot in the barrel, weird ass trajectories, etc) imo.

That's what I meant by pro pipe lol, since it's so much like Reach's. Been what I've using to get most of my GL kills and chip away at the calculated trajectories. Just getting basically no multis.

Status
Not open for further replies.