• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
It might be better to wait until September then honestly, should be load of people starting fresh. Also, I think you have to hit level 50 first too for the 690 gear to drop, not 100% sure there, as my people where level 50 about halfway through Forsaken.
hoping for another boost then lol. to get my 3rd character up to speed

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Guess it's my fault for not researching the quests I'm doing and trying to blind-play the game. For example, I'm stuck in The Corrupted mission and getting blown to bits even though I'm close to 700, please tell me the weapon from it is good for PvE'ing or at least for Gambit purposes.

Want to know if it's worth the hassle of signing up for those LFG sites first, lol.

Do you mean Malfeasance? It's not even good for PvP and there are better weapons that don't take up an exotic slot. Don't stress too much about it unless you desperately want the Dredgen title.

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Curse of Osiris and Warmind seem to be free, from what I can tell now. There's nothing to download because they're built into the base game. A lot of people that only had the base game were surprised when they had access to the DLC content when Opulence dropped. https://wastedondestiny.com/ tracks the expansions that you own, and any player that owns just the base game can see they now own the Year 1 DLC content.

Nov 14, 2017
Guess it's my fault for not researching the quests I'm doing and trying to blind-play the game. For example, I'm stuck in The Corrupted mission and getting blown to bits even though I'm close to 700, please tell me the weapon from it is good for PvE'ing or at least for Gambit purposes.

Want to know if it's worth the hassle of signing up for those LFG sites first, lol.
Malfeasance is OK on console. It's a 180 HC, so it's just good by default. On PC it's outclassed by other guns though.

Also, just LFG for that mission. It's designed for three players, so you're just making your life difficult by soloing it. It will help you git gud tho, so it's worth it if that's your focus.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is basically a NF strike. You can solo it, although if you do down in a restricted zone, you will be sent to orbit. It is much easier if you have at least one other guardian with you because of this. You can post on the DEra discord, and should be able to get some quick help to get it done. With three people, it's maybe 15 minutes.
Good to know thanks.

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are they going to eventually come up with new bright engram stuff? I've gotten all I want from those year one engrams. I'm ready for new shit.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
hoping for another boost then lol. to get my 3rd character up to speed
I'd be surprised if Shadowkeep didn't come with a free boost too. But yeah, you'll probably have to run through the Campaign again one more time regardless if you want all 3 classes eventually. Though seems Bungie have finally realized making quest progress account wide is a pretty good way to encourage people to play more than 1 class, so maybe Shadowkeep will be a lot quicker to get a 3rd up to speed compared to now.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
For some reason my truth quest was bugged and marked me as having decrypted three map pieces, while still having two still unfinished in my inventory. I completed one and it moved me to the final strike step even though I never completed the three nightfalls and rocket launcher kills. Has that happened to anyone else?

I got the menagerie all 6 complete all laps triumph yday even though multiple of us died. Not complaining but ya thought it was weird.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Shark tell me not to buy s10+ and wait for note 10.

Note 10 sounds prime. the screen on my Note 8 cracked, so I can't wait until next year....

I'd be surprised if Shadowkeep didn't come with a free boost too. But yeah, you'll probably have to run through the Campaign again one more time regardless if you want all 3 classes eventually. Though seems Bungie have finally realized making quest progress account wide is a pretty good way to encourage people to play more than 1 class, so maybe Shadowkeep will be a lot quicker to get a 3rd up to speed compared to now.

They already said in the Vidoc that there will be boost day 1 get get your toons to 740 within and hour and right back into the game once Shadowkeep launches.

I sent him to gutz and the clan channel in discord; we full bruh. One more guy is already coming to fill in the last spot.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Shark tell me not to buy s10+ and wait for note 10.

follow your heart...

aka do what you want?

note 10 will be better i'm sure. just a matter if you want to wait and pay more. Note 10 will have 6.7" screen and 5G I would assume, and not sure what other improvements. If you really want 5g maybe wait...i know there's also s10+ 6.7" 5g model but only on Verizon?

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Backup plan, Under Pressure, Tap the Trigger, Rangefinder, Particle Repeater, Projection Fuse, Firmly Planted, and long zoom scopes are perks should be looking for. Any combination of these perks should work well but most importamt is to get your accuracy and range high. Counterbalance mod should be use to help stability.
Will keep me eyes out for them, thanks!

Dec 2, 2017
airbagged_ Dineren Mizeris Lutz Ether Lanai

This coming Sunday at 8pm est.
air and Dine are new to it. I know I brought you through your first clear Atlas, so you can help guide them please.

I'mm work on getting three vets to help bring you guys through

Dine and air, as soon as you guys get into the DEra discord, ping me there so I can can do the planning through discord.

Can anyone help sherpa these guys through Levi Sunday night starting at 8pm est?

Sure, pencil me in - though it's a long weekend here and I may have to be at something at that time, I'll let you know in advance.

It's good, does tons of damage against Taken in any activity, and if you've come this far you might as well just finish it.

The secret of levels in this game is that being more than 30-40 levels above what an activity is set at doesn't have an effect. I believe that mission's at 580, so anything over 620 doesn't make a difference.

That mission is too hard to solo for 99% of humans, if only because of the boss encounter. If you're on PS4 I can help you with it when things come back up tonight. It's totally worth signing up for the Discord here, you can usually get someone to jump in and help you with something quick like this.

Ephemeris

Oct 25, 2017

I need to run that one myself. We can die togetherrrr

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017

That missions is extremely rough to solo. Gave up on Xbox, but eventually found an LFG team. WIth a full team it's actually not hard at all as long as you don't rush it.

I still need to do that on PS4 actually.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
CHEST RUNS
When Season of Opulence began, we watched as players quickly discovered a bug in how the Menagerie's final chest granted rewards. Players began to race out of the area and then back to the chest as fast as they could to get as many rewards as possible before sent back to orbit. It felt reminiscent of when players were farming treasure keys from chests on their Sparrows leading up to House of Wolves.

Consider this an error in your favor. We haven't rushed to fix it, but when we patch on July 9, this loophole will officially close, allowing only one opening of the chest per completion. Until then, we invite you take advantage of this all you like. Grow fat with strength.

F-Pina

Nerd Monkeys
Verified
Nov 3, 2017
Lisbon
Lot's of problems getting in. Finally got queued. Got in.
15 minutes later the warning about the servers pops in and I get kicked into space and then out the game.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
tenor.gif

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got like 5 Jotunns after my initial drop (i gave 1 to my Titan and 1 to my Hunter and sharded the lower light versions due to leveling) and that initial drop came from the second powerful drop once Jotunn was available at the forge but that dreaming city ship took me like 4 shattered attempts (with 2 characters each as my third was under-leveled and when they were ready it finally dropped)

RNGGod can be a cruel fucker

There is another poster (TheHunter iirc) here that might have cleared 100 runs before it dropped for them.
Yep.

100 clears without 1k. Demi might surpass that for Anarchy if he hasn't already.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
CHEST RUNS
When Season of Opulence began, we watched as players quickly discovered a bug in how the Menagerie's final chest granted rewards. Players began to race out of the area and then back to the chest as fast as they could to get as many rewards as possible before sent back to orbit. It felt reminiscent of when players were farming treasure keys from chests on their Sparrows leading up to House of Wolves.

Consider this an error in your favor. We haven't rushed to fix it, but when we patch on July 9, this loophole will officially close, allowing only one opening of the chest per completion. Until then, we invite you take advantage of this all you like. Grow fat with strength.
We knew the fun would end soon. Nice that they gave us a date to plan around and hustle towards.

Lol, one chest per run. RIP Menagerie
well it's still about the same speed as and less frustrating than Reckoning can be, but yea...I'm glad I have all of the god rolls on Menagerie stuff I wanted. This will be a tough pill to swallow regardless. I would have preferred they drop the timer to 80 or 90 seconds so you could get 2, maybe 3 openings out of it (instead of 6 or more like you can now) rather than full cold turkey.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Titan for fun. Warlock if you want to be a good teammate.

You're not changing. Most people have 2+ characters they Plan concurrently. Your progress one character shouldn't get in the way of the other two.

Unironically just play the game. You need to do the campaigns anyway to access Y2 content.
Stop this talk that Titans can't be good teammates. Melting point is dope. You're either dropping a well or hitting melting point... or honestly whatever you find fun, you will finish all content fine regardless.

JetBlackPanda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Bungie... the players are responding well to the way menagerie works. It still takes a lot of work to get to the point where you can pull a certain weapon with a certain masterwork.

Of course NO FUN allowed. How about for each event you finish with time you get a chest key? For that run.

The boss =1 and if you kick ass and you can get what 2 more?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I would compromise with three chests at the end of a Menagerie run or something like that. So three drops, with a max of 6 (if the double drop procs)

Or you could set your chalice to a sniper -> open chest

Set chalice to a hand cannon -> open chest

Set chalice to another sniper -> open chest

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Agree. 90 seconds or so is enough for 2 reset laps. That's a fair compromise.

They should consider upping Reckoning reward drops to match too. Going cold turkey down to 1 is like...whew. Last week's chest run I got as many as 11 drops on a single run. That's value. Going from that to 1-2 is like...well, like I said I'm glad I have everything I wanted.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Agree. 90 seconds or so is enough for 2 reset laps. That's a fair compromise.

They should consider upping Reckoning reward drops to match too.

I meant like literally spawning three chests. But yeah shortening the timer is a compromise too. Not sure what the point of 300 seconds is now. Lore hunting? Lol

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I meant like literally spawning three chests. But yeah shortening the timer is a compromise too. Not sure what the point of 300 seconds is now. Lore hunting? Lol
Yea either works for me. Set them up like Last Wish chests if you want. Emperor Calus seems like that kinda guy to go over and above to impress. A room full of chests of which we could open any 3 seems right up his alley (lavishness, excess themes, and the opportunity to upstage the Awoken Queen that he dislikes so much).

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
They REALLY should just give us multiple chests.

Maybe put in a limit of which primary rune we can use per chest, but really anything but limiting the runs to a single item.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
What is even worth farming in Menagerie?

I think my reticence is because I really only care about min-maxing pulses. And even that is pretty much just one, BF, two if you count bygones.

And there's no pulse in Menagerie of any kind.

I guess Erentil, Dust Rock? Is Dust Rock even the best shotgun anymore? I dont typically use Fusions.

I mean on shotguns I just dont use them enough and I'm not good enough to think it matters THAT MUCH.

Lemmme look in DIM,

For my kinetic PVP shotgun I currently go with a Baligant (new BA version). it has outlaw, full, auto, light mag, and full choke, range MW.

For energy shotgun I have a Mindbenders, auto loading holster, slideshot, assault mag, rifled barrel, stability MW

My Dust Rock is full auto, field prep, accurized rounds, rifled, range MW

So I dunno all those seems to have 1-2 good perks. I'm not sure what the meta is nowdays for shotguns and shotgun perks.

I want the curated Twilight Oath, I dont snipe much, but I'm confused as whether it can drop in regular menagerie. And I haven't dipped into the mess that's gonna be LFG for heroic menagerie. If it's half the pain in the ass raids are.

Another thing about Destiny is once you chase down the perfect roll for a meta, it's in danger of changing. I am 90% sure they're going to nerf the hell out of GL's in shadowkeep (Datto was mentioning GL's are kinda responsible for the imbalance of it being so easy to push over the new raid). So that kinda dulled my initiative to really worry that much about getting a great Swarm of Riven. It's going to be relevant for what, 2 months, in one activity that it even matters, that is LFG only?

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
The Menagerie runs are how often you should be getting NEW weaponry from these expansions.

Season of the Drifter fucked that up HUGE, and Menagerie fixed it.

I'm sad to see Bungie "fixing" it.

Dec 2, 2017
I understand why they're fixing it...leaving it would create an expectation going forward that these activities should provide piles of loot. But I was also kinda surprised they went all the way back to 1, they doubtless know the community universally liked this, and most of the tryhards will likely have everything by July 9 anyway.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
OK - I finally got started and boosted my first character (because I had played a bunch prior to on PS4). But I'm lost and have no idea what to do at this point. Any guides/tips/whatever to get up to the power level I want to start farming gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.