• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, I wasn't arguing it was a good thing. I'm with you on class parity. I'm just saying that guardian class discrimination has always been a thing and that even if in most situations you can find a group happy to have you, there's always going to encounter a different group that wants you to switch
Yeah I fully agree and I know you weren't arguing it was a good thing. I bet it will always be a thing anyway.

Jun 4, 2019
That's definitely true. I love the look of my Titan.

uWhveyd.jpg

Titan definitely got the best raid armor this time around.
I really miss raid armor that looked like it was made from the aliens you slaughtered. All of D2's raid armor has been "royal" (spare the SOTP armor, which is even more offensive: boring).

astro

Oct 25, 2017
That's definitely true. I love the look of my Titan.

uWhveyd.jpg

Titan definitely got the best raid armor this time around.
I can't wait until we get the new ornament system.

WuCB0Z.jpg

This but with these legs:

WuCmqP.jpg

There are so many great looking pieces... it's going to be so awesome making new sets.

Last edited:

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Xur selling Phoenix Protocol is a fucking lifesaver. It made my reckoning and menagerie runs so much easier.

Stratosphere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm just coming back after a year+ hiatus. Do I understand it right that I should just dismantle all my excess eververse items? Is there any way to visually determine what is an eververse item? I'm still trying to get my bearings again...

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

Completed the raid for the first time thanks to some of the lovely people in our DestinyEra discord. The final fight is a pretty brilliant and controlled chaos. Tons of fun and one of the best raid encounters in the game. Maybe even my new favorite encounter.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
One of my pals and I are trying to get into this finally, having not touched Destiny since the D1 launch. What's the best way of doing that now, in like a "what content should I buy" context? We're both on PS4 FWIW.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I see. One thing I do love about this game is how people will all at once rediscover something that was always secretly (or not-so secretly) amazing.
Yeah its not really a secret that Huckleberry was always one of the best weapons. It's just that the exotic option was locked into secondary and heavy (mostly heavy) slots. And for last couple of seasons we've been getting some great pinnacle legendaries for those two slots, so it opens up the option to use an exotic primary.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
One of my pals and I are trying to get into this finally, having not touched Destiny since the D1 launch. What's the best way of doing that now, in like a "what content should I buy" context? We're both on PS4 FWIW.

The 40$ Forsaken+annual pass bundle gets you everything up to the current content.

Then if you stay, Shadowkeep is 35$ In Sept.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
With the new system in the next season, i can use finally the full EP sets. \o/

TazCZ2r.jpg
The EP set is not an Eververse set. To my knowledge, only Eververse sets will act as ornaments. Unless I'm misunderstanding, you will still not be able to rock that set unless you're willing to compromise on Year 2 mods.

Why is it that I can't even hit a body shot with Beloved but my unbuffed Izanagi has homing bullets that curve corners to hit heads?
Some weapons have a far more generous hit box than others. Izanagi is very generous.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
I think Ep armor was one of the showcase armors in vidoc, so we will probably be able to earn them somehow again for year 3.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
At the very least all Y1 armour should be turned into ornaments if they're not going to give them random rolls. It's not like they need to worry about people without Forsaken having armours sets come September.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Is this worth playing solo currently? I got the base game a few months ago when it was free on blizzard launcher, but with the f2p version coming out soonish and changes to level/light stuff...

Will I be "wasting" my time by going through whatever version Destiny 2 currently is? I also don't have any friends playing, so I'm wondering if I will even have a good time solo, and/or if solo play will continue to be fun with the coming changes.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
My Titan can't wait for the update, no more worrying about the helm! Old pic but style is similar but with the flatter Iron Wolf shader.

be594747-39b5-4abc-8mvkvb.jpeg

Is this worth playing solo currently? I got the base game a few months ago when it was free on blizzard launcher, but with the f2p version coming out soonish and changes to level/light stuff...

Will I be "wasting" my time by going through whatever version Destiny 2 currently is? I also don't have any friends playing, so I'm wondering if I will even have a good time solo, and/or if solo play will continue to be fun with the coming changes.
Solo play is great, not sure on wasting time as don't know what the progression will be like in Shadowkeep for new players, but that's a way off and if you're looking for a fun time shooting shit D2 offers it. If and when you ever did fancy grouping up there's also the Discord, depending on what you needed you wouldn't even need a mic.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I want to get Recluse and Revoker, but I'm definitely going to need help to pull it off.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Revoker you should just be able to chip away at. The Glory requirement is accrued, not a bar. So if you gain 200 Glory, lose 200 and then gain 200 again you'll still be at 400.
Do Revoker quest in solo!
I'd much rather get it alongside Recluse, which still requires I actually hit Fabled. Not to mention I'm more confident in my own skills (and more likely to continue matchmaking) if I'm playing in a group.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Do the ever do double or triple Glory XP weekends? I have the wins done, but need to get Fabled and not really set up for competitive yet, I'm still using year 1 guns in IB as I have no year 2 equivalent yet. So I'll just wait if so and build up my weapons.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What masterwork do I want to select for the new weapons in Menagerie? Beside Austringer which I know needs range mw.

I'd much rather get it alongside Recluse, which still requires I actually hit Fabled. Not to mention I'm more confident in my own skills (and more likely to continue matchmaking) if I'm playing in a group.

You on Xbox? I've been trying to find people to do comp with to get my Recluse, Revoker and Lunas Howl. I feel like if I can get 4 semi decent people working together it should be pretty easy.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Is it fine for me to go in to my vault and scrap every piece of Eververse armor that I've stored now? Apart from this season's one of course cos it looks fucking swag and must be worn.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Astrocyte Verse dropped for me recently and oh my goodness have I been stirring up shit in Iron Banner.

As someone who's not really been into blink running this has converted me, I'm taking full advantage of it whilst it's hot.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Is it fine for me to go in to my vault and scrap every piece of Eververse armor that I've stored now? Apart from this season's one of course cos it looks fucking swag and must be worn.

Yup, and any shaders, sparrows, etc etc - though honestly you should just wait closer to September, there's no rush

Status
Not open for further replies.