• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
interesting reddit post for the new hotness min-maxing GL's. It's not velocity per se that's helpful...

No because splash damage does not get a buff from spike grenades. Think of it this way:

Lets say a GL does 200 damage. 100 of that damage is impact and 100 of that damage is Splash. Spike brings up impact damage by 50%. You now do 150 impact damage and 100 splash damage. 250 damage total.

Velocity skews that 100/100 split toward Impact. Blash skews that 100/100 split toward splash.

If you masterwork blast and have low velocity you could see your split be something like 50/150. Now when spike grenades are applied they are only applying to 50 damage, resulting in your total being 75/150 (225 total, 25 less than the previous example).

The main takeaway is Velocity and Blast don't directly affect damage, they just change the ratio of Direct/AoE damage. Spike only boosts Direct damage. Therefore Blast is bad.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
On that note, what is the ABSOLUTE BEST POSSIBLE DPS LOADOUT you could get? Ignore buffs like Tractor Cannon...(or add them later)

So, mountaintop, lord of wolves, spike nade Aggressive GL?

In the chart Lord of Wolves has a "ten burst" DPS category, I dont know what that is, it's RNG right? If you discount that then it's..

I don't even know, too many variables and perks that need to be proceed. I wish I could decipher this better...

I would like to take away perks that depend on outside factors, on a case by case basis. A loadout a solo player can reasonably consistently proc, so something like Rat King is out.

Does mountaintop take Kinetic/white ammo too? If so something like mountaintop, merciless/Lord of Wolves, GL might be the play...strictly based off the DPS chart. But the chart says for merciless:"(Max charge for EZ) ". I dont know what that is supposed to mean. If it's max fire rate, it's a bit misleading of a DPS number then...

Damn Mountaintop is still a king, wish I had got it last season.

It seems like if you dont have mountaintop, then a raid fire shotgun for close or rapid fire sniper for far is your best bet. Except, then you end up without enough ammo probably. Like on the reckoning boss, you'll probably need a conventional primary to shoot thrall, so something like sniper/LOW/heavy might be the best DPS but isn't a practical loadout.

Last edited:

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god I have to do Shattered Throne for the forge exotic sniper.
How is it nowadays? Any cheeses or shortcuts or anything?

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
My friend is roping me back into Destiny 2, and I'm trying to get caught up. Last I played the Mercury stuff had come out. Looking at my loot, I guess the winter stuff as well (have some winter armor pieces). What all am I going to need to buy to get back to full speed? I had the Year 1 season pass, which I think included Warmind...but there's been stuff since then, right? I can't seem to find anything on the PS4 store, except for a $100 "all in" version of the game (which is currently discounted to $30, I think). Since I already have the game, and the year 1 stuff, shouldn't I be able to find a "year 2 pass"? Actually, there is one, but it says that it's not for sale.

Am I stuck paying for the big all-in bundle?

Jun 4, 2019
User warned: platform warring
Console mouthbreathers deserve custom designed ropes. God I can't wait to untether from this cesspool of a platform come September.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
My friend is roping me back into Destiny 2, and I'm trying to get caught up. Last I played the Mercury stuff had come out. Looking at my loot, I guess the winter stuff as well (have some winter armor pieces). What all am I going to need to buy to get back to full speed? I had the Year 1 season pass, which I think included Warmind...but there's been stuff since then, right? I can't seem to find anything on the PS4 store, except for a $100 "all in" version of the game (which is currently discounted to $30, I think). Since I already have the game, and the year 1 stuff, shouldn't I be able to find a "year 2 pass"? Actually, there is one, but it says that it's not for sale.

Am I stuck paying for the big all-in bundle?

Yeah, I believd the Forsaken bundle + season pass is on sale right now for 29.99 or some suck thing, lol

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reliable way to get a group together to help me get fabled rank in comp? I never did get Luna's Howl or Recluse. I'm pretty decent but I can't carry teams of randos who are terrible.

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
that was never a thing. Forsaken was 40$ and the annual pass was 30$ but I believe it is now 30 or 40 for both.
Looks like it is a thing....only "not available for purchase"

To be fair, the 39.99 price for everything up to now is a great deal
(D2, Expansions 1&2, Forsaken, Season Pass)
It's a great deal, unless I already own the game and the first two expansions...

I think I found the problem....on the off chance it comes up for someone else...
I solved it! At least for me. I couldn't purchase it either, I have all the expansions so I didn't see the problem. But then I went to the PlayStation store, to Forsaken and then section in the left bottom corner called "add ons". It said "free" on warmind, as if I'd never installed it, even though I've had it since it came out. I sorted that out and then Forsaken was available.

Last edited:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Stil musing on DPS...why wouldnt Fighting Lion (27k DPS, primary ammo)+ a rapid fire shotgun or sniper (40k) (choose which depending on enemy range) in the kinetic slot (figure a Aggressive GL is always going in heavy) be the play?

That gets you 67k special out of primary/special slots. I'm not seeing an easy way to beat that with easily available loadouts...

Issues, if you have to shoot thrall in the encounter? If you can use a shotgun (only works if boss is close range though), melee, Well, to get by?

Another angle...you can get about 16-19k DPS out of an SMG. If you can combine it with another ~40k of damage elsewhere? Maybe this is why Recluse is currently popular. It gets you a bit more range and flexibility in dealing with adds. And you can perhaps upgrade that 16-19k significantly if you proc master of arms (dont really like considering perks that require you to kill an add in pure boss DPS calcs though, but it's only upside to the base DPS here).

I'm currently trying to do reckoning Oryx so I'm relating it to that encounter, he floats pretty far out. So you're not going to get fantastic DPS out of Recluse on him. In addition, the adds on the bath really like a fusion rifle so you can take them on at distance. Recluse MIGHT work though.

It might be worth a fun shot, recluse, rapid fire sniper, and GL. That can get you ~60k out of your special/primary slots, vs some only 46k out of Blast Furnace/Loaded Question. Only bugaboo I see is if Oryx is far away, Recluse will be almost useless. But you can possibly make it up with greater DPS everywhere else.

I'm going to do it, gonna take recluse and a rapid fire sniper into reckoning and see how it goes.

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Well, technically that was the solution. Keyword being 'was'. It looks like, now, forsaken just can't be purchased. Unless I want to pay $25 extra. Way to go bungie.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Silly/fun stuff I have done in IB so far:
Sweet Business with Actium War Rig. Surprisingly effective, especially considering it was on Vostok. Easy to get caught out if you don't have it spun up though.
Maining Fighting Lion - I'm by no means an expert with this but paired with Spare Rations I have loved it. Makes me want to improve on those rare moments when I land a perfect bank shot.
Next up - Prometheus Lens. Will need lots of auto rifle scavenger for this one!

Also - Sole Survivor is soooooo good and double progress on Revoker during IB is making that part of the quest very nice indeed.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Stil musing on DPS...why wouldnt Fighting Lion (27k DPS, primary ammo)+ a rapid fire shotgun or sniper (40k) (choose which depending on enemy range) in the kinetic slot (figure a Aggressive GL is always going in heavy) be the play?

That gets you 67k special out of primary/special slots. I'm not seeing an easy way to beat that with easily available loadouts...

Issues, if you have to shoot thrall in the encounter? If you can use a shotgun (only works if boss is close range though), melee, Well, to get by?

Another angle...you can get about 16-19k DPS out of an SMG. If you can combine it with another ~40k of damage elsewhere? Maybe this is why Recluse is currently popular. It gets you a bit more range and flexibility in dealing with adds. And you can perhaps upgrade that 16-19k significantly if you proc master of arms (dont really like considering perks that require you to kill an add in pure boss DPS calcs though, but it's only upside to the base DPS here).

I'm currently trying to do reckoning Oryx so I'm relating it to that encounter, he floats pretty far out. So you're not going to get fantastic DPS out of Recluse on him. In addition, the adds on the bath really like a fusion rifle so you can take them on at distance. Recluse MIGHT work though.

It might be worth a fun shot, recluse, rapid fire sniper, and GL. That can get you ~60k out of your special/primary slots, vs some only 46k out of Blast Furnace/Loaded Question. Only bugaboo I see is if Oryx is far away, Recluse will be almost useless. But you can possibly make it up with greater DPS everywhere else.

I'm going to do it, gonna take recluse and a rapid fire sniper into reckoning and see how it goes.

i dont think you could overthink this any more. haha.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I think the problem on the reckoning specifically is it's difficult to use a sniper on major adds etc.

Probably go with just a kinetic lightweight SMG, I went Huckleberry cus you get a little added spinning up damage, and a fusion to match the burn or loaded question. This isn't strictly highest DPS, but it's easy to land the majority of that DPS on major or boss targets at mid ranges, it's versatile and rangy.

That's for the Reckoning, other encounters could be different. Fighting Lion+RF sniper/RF shotgun might be good on some menagerie bosses. But for the overall encounter and versatility and ease of use, probably hard to beat a fusion and a SMG for most. Or just a regular primary if you need more distance for adds...outbreak if enough are using it.

Indeed if you have mountaintop, mountain+SMG+GL would be hard to beat. 54k out of mountaintop+~20k out of recluse, 74k.

It took me a long time to get around to it but I see why this is now the goto loadout of people like datto. You could strictly get greater DPS out of like Fusion/Mountain but it would be stupid from a practical perspective, and you'd have nothing to gun down thrall with. By the time you finish DPS-ing from heavy+mountain you'd be done on time almost always anyway.

I NEED MOUNTAINTOP. I'm about to go on break or I might go for it.

So it took me talking to myself for four posts but here's my current thinking. In all cases take an aggressive GL with spike as the heavy:

Fighting Lion+rapid fire sniper/shotgun is INTERESTING if you dont have mountaintop, max DPS (sans mountaintop or weird perks EG Rat King, Tarabah), but perhaps not practical because you dont have anything to shoot thrall with white ammo.

And SMG+Fusion (LQ or rapid fire) in most encounter is the go to IMO if you dont have MT, easy to land all the DPS, works out to mid range or so. Sub a rapid fire shotgun/sniper as desired for a bit more DPS but less versatility.

If you have mountaintop, SMG (Recluse)+MT

Of course if you have a longer range boss or add encounter so designed, well you obviously need snipers/scouts/pulses in various slots.

EDit: forgot about lord of Wolves. well, wherever you'd use a shotgun LOW will be better.

Last edited:

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Well, technically that was the solution. Keyword being 'was'. It looks like, now, forsaken just can't be purchased. Unless I want to pay $25 extra. Way to go bungie.
Don't think Forsaken standalone is up for purchase anymore. At $40 Forsaken + AP is a nice deal regardless, pretty sure that's complete edition too which gets you digital deluxe stuff.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Do we know how the cross save works at all = have they detailed their plans for that system yet? I played D1 on PS4 and got D2 on PS4 and imported my characters over into D2 and played till the PC release and then swapped over and have not looked back since.

Does this cross save business mean however that i am going to have to choose between my PS4 saved characters that i have had since Day 1 and my more played PC characters?

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know how the cross save works at all = have they detailed their plans for that system yet? I played D1 on PS4 and got D2 on PS4 and imported my characters over into D2 and played till the PC release and then swapped over and have not looked back since.

Does this cross save business mean however that i am going to have to choose between my PS4 saved characters that i have had since Day 1 and my more played PC characters?
More or less yea. Its not going to blend pools. the others will be saved but you cant mix and match.

Oct 27, 2017
The UI they showed, to me suggested you pick 3 individual characters from whatever platform and they then become multiplat but idk
"
WHAT ABOUT ACCOUNT MERGING?
Players who have multiple accounts on multiple consoles won't be able to merge accounts. For example, a player with a Warlock on PC and a Titan on Xbox won't be able to tie both characters to the same account. Players will need to choose which account will be dominant.

It also seems that players won't be able to merge Silver — the real money currency in Destiny — between accounts.

"

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The last step cheese of Iron Banner didn't work until I had a 2-win streak on my card, but it works just fine

Oct 25, 2017
"
WHAT ABOUT ACCOUNT MERGING?
Players who have multiple accounts on multiple consoles won't be able to merge accounts. For example, a player with a Warlock on PC and a Titan on Xbox won't be able to tie both characters to the same account. Players will need to choose which account will be dominant.

It also seems that players won't be able to merge Silver — the real money currency in Destiny — between accounts.

"

That sucks ass. I wanted my warlock from PS4. :(

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
It feels like they really added grind to the iron banner, like they wanted it to be a week long thing for 1 character. Last iron banners had a triumph for doing all bounties on all 3 characters, but this time it feels like such a slog to go through and let alone trying to get armor.

Screw you grenade step, all nades for the hunter suck ass!

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Best reckoning matchmaking ever, I flew in just in time to jump in, shuttle across, jump in a well and fire about 5 grenades on Oryx who was almost dead. Picked up a completion for about 30 seconds work lol.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
The guy was doing math for Reckoning, I wouldn't be too concerned

All PVE but thanks.

And yeah lots of cheating. But if it's not shark it's ok is the motto!

I'm gonna cheese it too nah nah. And I'm gonna cheese Mountaintop kills in a LFG lobby too if I get there. I can do whatever now because you guys are.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I can do last wish, just LFG it, get invited and there's no problem. Beat it a few times.

When Corrupted is the nightfall technically I can go in solo, go off the path and do whatever in dreaming city, just dont die...

Some stuff in LFG it will say I dont have permission to do though, like Blind Well. Just not Last Wish. There's nothing I want in DC anyway.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Unless hunter and warlock has cool new stuff I'm going to spend even less time with them. Or use them to optimize certain activities. I'm not going to do every single thing with each character like I use to.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Black Armoury quest steps are the definition of grind. There's barely any VO between quests unless you're going to Ada-1 as well. Really bizarre production quality.

M3Rocket

May 18, 2019
In the chart Lord of Wolves has a "ten burst" DPS category, I dont know what that is, it's RNG right? If you discount that then it's..

Normal LoW fires 5-round burst. Release the Wolves perk is 10-round burst. It used to be that you needed to make one kill to Release the Wolves. They just changed that on the last update so you can simply set 5- or 10-round burst by holding down the reload button like you would do to change elements on Borealis or Hard Light. So for the Boss in a well or from a barricade, you would use Release the Wolves for max DPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.