• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Okay. Well, I'm going through the campaign and I just want to know at what point do I start getting guns that I won't throw away 10 minutes later? It's actually kind of annoying to constantly be switching weapons because every other gun is 1 number higher than the gun I have. Is that pure endgame stuff, or...?

It is.

That being said, I would suggest that you just stick to guns you like and not bother too much with power level all that much.

Oct 25, 2017
How do I unlock escalation protocol on a boosted character?
Lol okay weird bug, i went back to orbit and went back to mars and it's like everything was "completed"

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What exotics do y'all use in the kinetic and energy slots? I always equip an exotic power weapon. I kinda of want to switch it up but I have no idea what's good now.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Outbreak Is awesome for a kinetic. Ace of spades is another I love, thorn, last word, Suros is awesome with the catalyst . Jotunn is one of my most used energy exotics in pve
Yeah I don't have outbreak or Jotunn.
What about regular sniper rifles? I still use Long Shadow and Twilight Oath. Should I be using something more new?

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
What exotics do y'all use in the kinetic and energy slots? I always equip an exotic power weapon. I kinda of want to switch it up but I have no idea what's good now.

Depending on the activity, I roll with Izanagi/Outbreak/Thorn.

Izanagi pairs very well with energy HCs/SMGs and a Spike Greande Launcher/Wendigo. It can do massive spike damage with a 4X shot.

Outbreak is awesome if everyone in your fireteam is using it, or you're playing solo and just want solid add clear.

Thorn is a monster for tearing through trash mobs in PvE. On kill, enemies drop and orb that empowers the poison damage and gives bullets back directly to your mag.

Ace is very good, too, but mainly as a PvP weapon. It's not too useful in PvE.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
BRUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh I just got this

3XQJ11O.jpg

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Just ran into my first revoker in crucible and the guy sucked at sniping almost as much as me LOL. We stupid.

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought forsaken on pc. I only played vanilla d2, what are important changes i missed since then? I play as warlock btw

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Also I got my raid clear tonight - the final encounter is nutso. I got a dogshit ass AR for my trouble too.

I think the raid is mad fuckin fun though, so much going on, lots of callouts. Great stuff.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Also I got my raid clear tonight - the final encounter is nutso. I got a dogshit ass AR for my trouble too.

I think the raid is mad fuckin fun though, so much going on, lots of callouts. Great stuff.
Grats man. The new raid is short, but fun. Our group needed the third dps phase for the final boss to beat him and we had to do everything perfectly during all the chaos which was nerve-racking. I'm gonna use this strat next time after the weekly reset. Seems so much easier lol.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
So nobody seems to be playing that Reckoning Mode in PC.

Should I skip all the Armory and Gambit season thing and jump straight for the new stuff? :/ I feel a bit overwhelmed by all the shit I didn't play from the Annual Pass tbh.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
U2gFpdy.png

I guess they synergize but is this the worst possible roll on the machine gun? Those low health perks are worthless.

So nobody seems to be playing that Reckoning Mode in PC.

Should I skip all the Armory and Gambit season thing and jump straight for the new stuff? :/ I feel a bit overwhelmed by all the shit I didn't play from the Annual Pass tbh.

Do you mean tier 1? I usually have no problem getting a game at t2 or t3 because there's usually someone farming weapons.

For Black Armory, all you really need is the machine gun and you get that from the introductory quest. The pulse rifle and hand cannon are good but it requires unlocking the other forges which is tedious.

For Drifter, there are some good weapons but you're better off hoping you get them in a game of Gambit Prime than trying to farm for it. It's maddening trying to get the drops, much less good rolls.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Do you mean tier 1? I usually have no problem getting a game at t2 or t3 because there's usually someone farming weapons.

For Black Armory, all you really need is the machine gun and you get that from the introductory quest. The pulse rifle and hand cannon are good but it requires unlocking the other forges which is tedious.

For Drifter, there are some good weapons but you're better off hoping you get them in a game of Gambit Prime than trying to farm for it. It's maddening trying to get the drops, much less good rolls.
I'm really, really in trouble because I barely understood all the stuff you just wrote. I managed to open two forges and I keep trying to get weapons but the game says I can only carry one at the time and I don't know what I'm carrying anymore lol.

Wish there was a roadmap or a mission list to do because I don't think I even did the Shattered Throne or whatever the name of that thing in the end of the Forsaken DLC, getting some item to open a portal somewhere else or some stuff like that.

Guess I'm gonna fuck off and read something up on this because I feel truly lost in this game with all the stuff going on and having to catch up lol.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really, really in trouble because I barely understood all the stuff you just wrote. I managed to open two forges and I keep trying to get weapons but the game says I can only carry one at the time and I don't know what I'm carrying anymore lol.

Wish there was a roadmap or a mission list to do because I don't think I even did the Shattered Throne or whatever the name of that thing in the end of the Forsaken DLC, getting some item to open a portal somewhere else or some stuff like that.

Guess I'm gonna fuck off and read something up on this because I feel truly lost in this game with all the stuff going on and having to catch up lol.

For frames, you can only hold one at a time and it should show up in your pursuits tab. They're basically multi-part quests where you "calibrate" the frame by doing stuff like getting X amount of multikills or precision kills. Eventually it should say the frame is ready to bring back to Ada and she'll give you last step which requires completing a forge event. Different weapon types are associated with a specific forge (like machine gun with Volundr, bow with Izanami) though there is a 4th forge, Bergusia in the EDZ near the bottom of the map that should be automatically unlocked that you can use to forge any frame. Once you forge the frame, you'll get the weapon and you can back to Ada to do it all over again. Thankfully, the calibration steps are truncated after the first time you do them.

It's more tedious than complicated.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It's more tedious than complicated.

It can seem quite complicated at first. Hell I'm just now fully wrapping my head around menagerie. I also remember Forges seemed opaque at first too.

You just gotta keep at it, maybe watch videos or read guides while also doing it, and you'll start getting it.

Speaking of not understanding Menagerie, if I JUST use a ruin of ambition (aka, power weapons) and put nothing in slot 2, will I have a 1 in 4 chance at Fixed Odds (The Machine Gun)? If so, that means I should get it in one run since you can hit the chest 5 times....

Also, kinda devious of Bungie to put some PVP beasts in with the odd selection. A well placed Erentil and Dust Rock, yep, They know people will grind those....

F-Pina

Nerd Monkeys
Verified
Nov 3, 2017
Lisbon
Just checking in to say I'm loving this game even more now, after taking almost 1 month off to play other things, it's incredible how tight the Destiny experience continues to be when you compare it with some other games.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
My Pride pin came in. No emblem code. :( It looks nice though.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
U2gFpdy.png

I guess they synergize but is this the worst possible roll on the machine gun? Those low health perks are worthless.

Low health actually triggers at half health. So they aren't worthless. But not my preference.

I managed to clear the raid on all three of my characters. But damn if I didn't get like 4 awful auto rifles out of the loot lol. I can't stop getting it.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Grats man. The new raid is short, but fun. Our group needed the third dps phase for the final boss to beat him and we had to do everything perfectly during all the chaos which was nerve-racking. I'm gonna use this strat next time after the weekly reset. Seems so much easier lol.

This is definitely for coordinated good teams. LFGs will probably stick to Mountaintop / Outbreak since it's easier to setup.

I use Mountaintop / Tractor Cannon for Phase 1, then I swapped to Outbreak for Phase 2 (I wanted to use MTop but I went with Outbreak - it all worked out in the end).

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is definitely for coordinated good teams. LFGs will probably stick to Mountaintop / Outbreak since it's easier to setup.

I use Mountaintop / Tractor Cannon for Phase 1, then I swapped to Outbreak for Phase 2 (I wanted to use MTop but I went with Outbreak - it all worked out in the end).
What grenade launcher is that? Wouldn't wendigo be better?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Mountaintop is the Fabled reward from Comp a couple seasons back. It's pretty good, it's a kinetic slot launcher (like Militias Birthright)

Wendigo is ok, but honestly I don't think it's that good when it comes time to DPS.

However I did use it during Phase 2 and it is very good for killing Ogres and Knights as it has Blinding Grenades, which stuns enemies so they don't fuck with you while you kill it - or you can help your teammate who is Blessed to kill it easier, you can still stun while immune.

I'll probably level up my Titan this week so I can start doing my three clears a week.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Yup I used Loaded Question as my secondary during Phase 2, but it is a very solid choice overall. Fusions! Who knew! All it took was them to finally buff the fuckin things

Jun 4, 2019
Jury's still out on god-rolled 150 RPM GL and Wendigo. I think the 150s might have the leg-up in pure DPS, but Wendigo will have higher total output alongside the additional benefits of blinding majors and allowing you to continue picking up orbs when your super's charged (great if you're running Recuperation).

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Don't have Wendigo, but recall reading that it wasn't that great after you'd used up your 6 buffed grenades (e.g. for raid boss DPS), and that it was impossible to stock pile orbs since with the weapon you'll pick up ones you don't need.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
When I was using Wendigo the number of orbs I had stored and whatnot was the last thing on my mind, lol

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
What grenade launcher is that? Wouldn't wendigo be better?
That's the Iron Banner 150 RPM nade launcher, Swarm of the Raven. It's void, which means it works well after a Tractor Cannon boop, has an agressive frame ,which paired with Hard Launch and Spike Grenade, does the most damage.

I'm gonna use an Outrageous Fortune myself, since that one is easier to get (from Zavala).

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Man do you remember when everyone said Grenade Launchers are shit. Boy how fast times change

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Yup I used Loaded Question as my secondary during Phase 2, but it is a very solid choice overall. Fusions! Who knew! All it took was them to finally buff the fuckin things

they were good before too ya meta dummy

BTW why cant I buy the wealth of the emperor buff today? It';s saying weekly purchase limit reached, but it's tuesday, it should have reset.

Or that resets on Sunday? I'm just now remembering something about that...

Edit: The barge treasure chests reset today for me though just not the wealth of the emperor?

Gah reset day sucks, have to stop everything and go back to grinding power level. So much to do it takes a whole day to wipe it out.

Also Truth quest involves Dreaming City, looks like I'm not getting it. Hope it's not good in crucible...

95% to 21% delirium though. Funny how I'm getting last season weapons while everybody else is getting this seasons haha. Well that's hiatuses for ya.

Honestly I dont much want this seasons anyway. Sadly may end up with Revoker because I'm a glutton for crucible punishment, not because I want it,

After I got Oxygen SR3 I havent fired one round from it yet. Because I already read how it sucks. Guess I gotta use this dragonfly spec on something.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, it's quiet in here on reset day which included a new exotic quest. Anyways, anyone found the map piece with the description of "fight alongside the chosen as night falls," I'm assuming it's Nightfall related, any other known details (just complete a Nightfall?)?

Status
Not open for further replies.