• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
20190609_004323.jpg

Cleared the raid earlier tonight. It's fun, nice short additional raid. I think it with scourge will probably be my go to, now that I can probably ignore LW lol.

I'm KosherSmokes

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Jesus Christ, the Black Armory content so far has been so fucking horrible.

Why is literally everything just arbitrary ass "kill x amounts of y using weapon type z", only it goes on FOREVER?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Why is literally everything just arbitrary ass "kill x amounts of y using weapon type z", only it goes on FOREVER?
That's basically what D2 has become at this point.
I also jumped back in and I am just instantly turned off any time I see "Want cool thing? Do mindless grinding!"

Oct 28, 2017
Question regarding the 690 boost invitation quest. I completed it on my Titan who was already 700 but my Titan and Warlock were obviously behind. I logged into my hunter the other night, finally hit lv50 and finished his respective warming and osiris campaigns. Unless I accidently deleted the 690 gear, was I supposed to receive them? I haven't finished Forsaken yet with my hunter though which I've read might be gatekeeping my gear?

Re-posting still looking for an answer if anyone knows the details on this. Much appreciation.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yea I feel for you. Black armory then season the drifter right after made me take a three month break. It was crap.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
I also jumped back in and I am just instantly turned off any time I see "Want cool thing? Do mindless grinding!"

I mean the only thing really that's been a grind in the pass is Black Armory. Once you unlock them all on one character though, that's all you need. Black Armory weapons imo were awesome. Jotunn and La Monarque can drop in there and then you have good weapons like Blast furnace and Hammerhead MG.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Militia's Birthright is a better GL to farm for Wendigo instead of MountainTop.

Ambitious Assassin/AutoLoading Holster and Prox Det Nades ensures you get multikills. Plus it's Lightweight means you reach to your enemies faster before your teammates kills them with their GL.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
How are people in full invader gear in gambit prime failing to play like basic competent teammates still?

Just because we're not in voice comms or in a party doesn't mean we aren't a team. Revive me you sweaty asshole.

Oct 27, 2017

Ambitious Assassin/AutoLoading Holster and Prox Det Nades ensures you get multikills. Plus it's Lightweight means you reach to your enemies faster before your teammates kills them with their GL.

Where is this one from again, a Nightfall exclusive drop? I can't remember if I have it or not on PC (I need to look at collections, I know, but I'm not in-game at the moment).

Edit: I see it's from the Lake of Shadows Nightfall strike.

Last edited:

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really understanding why on my second character, why I only have 1 powerful drop from menagerie, I have power and efficiency 2 unlocked.

I've only ran menagerie once on this character, and only opened the chest exactly once.

edit: Oh crap, it's all account based huh, so on my first character probably took all extra powerful drops?

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Yeh I hit that point pretty quickly since Season of Opulence began. Ran through the intro to the Menagerie then ran it a few more times and realised that was it other than the raid. I love doing new content and exploring new areas in Destiny but I kinda hate the grind. They need to go heavy on the RPG stats and build variety in Shadowkeep to keep me hooked for a longer period.

demi

Oct 27, 2017

Mountaintop is lightweight and has no problem hitting multis even with spike nades. Either choice is fine, lets not go discrediting one of the best pve guns at this time yet

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Just helped my friend reach 690, he's be to Destiny in terms of end game stuff.

Does anyone know of a particularly good guide for weapons/armour at this point? Something that explains what good perks and mods are for each type etc...

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Well despite the pinnacle weapons saying "this is tracked account-wide" it absolutely is not. Make sure you pick up the bounties on alternate characters when working on them. Spent last night doing some sniping in Mayhem. Logged into my Warlock, saw absolutely zero progress was made.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well despite the pinnacle weapons saying "this is tracked account-wide" it absolutely is not. Make sure you pick up the bounties on alternate characters when working on them. Spent last night doing some sniping in Mayhem. Logged into my Warlock, saw absolutely zero progress was made.

So it is shared, we just have to get the bounty on each character?

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017

That's freaking lame. Just did strikes with grenade launchers and no progress because of this.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
So it is shared, we just have to get the bounty on each character?

Yes it is "account wide" if you have the bounty on that character - so it will have the progress of your other characters already there when you pick it up. But if you don't have the bounty on your character, you make zero progress if you go back to another character.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes it is "account wide" if you have the bounty on that character - so it will have the progress of your other characters already there when you pick it up. But if you don't have the bounty on your character, you make zero progress if you go back to another character.

Good to know, thanks. Just getting back into the game after a long break.

Dec 2, 2017
Haven't played all week, what do I need to know about/bring for Reckoning now? I heard it got easier?

The thing is to do it while you're doing other things. Each week we could do X amount of frames, so you'd just equip the weapon type you were going for, play whatever content and when the frame was done pop by the forge to get it.

I also enjoyed they forges, so sometimes I'd go through the frames there farming for prototype weapons.

Oct 27, 2017
goddamn it 😑 im on the drifter side side quest and i was talking to spider and i clicked the jerky quest step thing and when the black market tab showed up i pressed back at the same time and now it will not show up again... can i abandoned this quest and get it back or is this a fucking glitch...
😑😑😑😑

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
the imperial chests on the ship for glimmer reset, also the consumable that gives imperial drop buff (if you have the perk) reset as well.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
the imperial chests on the ship for glimmer reset, also the consumable that gives imperial drop buff (if you have the perk) reset as well.

I was like who the fuk you talking to, then I saw the reddit posts. Now I understand, lol

For anyone who bought the Barge chests on Nessus and uses the "imperials buff" (since you only get 3 a week) they seemingly reset now today

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm trying to jump back in and all I have is vanilla destiny 2, would the complete collection bring me up to date? Its only 40 on bnet currently

Edit: I'm sorry if this has been asked a billion times

Oct 27, 2017
nevermind its a glitch they know about 😑😑😑 cant wait to wait a month for a fix.....

im literally fucking FLOOOORED thre isnt an abandoned quest kiosk or an NPC for that... like my mind is fucking blown that bungie is that stupid... 😟 even destiny 1 had one...
tenor.gif

demi

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm trying to jump back in and all I have is vanilla destiny 2, would the complete collection bring me up to date? Its only 40 on bnet currently

Edit: I'm sorry if this has been asked a billion times

Yes I believe they bundled everything at this point to $40 now

Year 1 (Vanilla / Osiris / Warmind) + Year 2 (Forsaken / Black Armory / Drifter / Opulence)

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a Cosmos Shell!

I've been wanting it since, ever. Was it a launch shell?

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
wow, the light level comes easily these days. I started forsaken Friday morning and by noon yesterday, I had the main missions done and my light level is already 625 or so.

im also trying to get with Microsoft about possibly crediting me 20 bucks for when I spent $60 on the complete edition right before it went to $40. they seemed understanding and said they'd let me know in 48 hours or so

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me, the Malfeasance quest drops for each character? It's bizarre that Bungie made every other title easier to get by buffing the drop rate except for Dredgen, which they made harder.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Was gonna do a Menagerie run to turn these Runes in but MS conference in 10 minutes, nevermind!

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Got the current annual pass yesterday, 15€ seem about right for three months of summer fun. I was away since last halloween (I know because my Titan still had the Rahool mask on ,lol). Wish me luck!

Let us know what you think. It will be interesting to see the opinions of the annual pass as a whole instead of waiting for the drip feed.

This is where I'm at. I grabbed the annual pass on a whim because of the sale and I loaded it up to see my inventory full of Halloween stuff.

After a handful of hours it doesn't feel like much has changed. I've gotten only two gear drops I didn't already have in like half a dozen hours of play (hammerhead and armory sniper). Unlocking the forges is super lazy kill x of xxxx stuff that feels more like filler than anything else. Just about to unlock the 3rd forge where I got annoyed waiting for the specific public events to pop and took a break.

Haven't tried menagerie or gambit prime yet, but I did get the catchup gear to get to 700. The pass seems... fine. Most of it seems like low effort busy work so far, but I haven't seen any of the big additions or gotten much gear which could shake things up.

It seems like it'll be solid enough to waste some time on until more interesting stuff starts dropping in a couple weeks.

Feb 1, 2018

It's how they keep the streamers and 8 hours/day no-life players occupied. I love Destiny but it's literally expecting you to treat it like a part time job at this point, way too much grinding and time required just to keep up with the meta.

I just jumped back in to check out the new season after not being on since halloween (still have Horror Story equipped lol) and I immediately re-realized how much of a time sink this game can get

Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
I'll try asking again:

1. If I want all the future content & season passes, I would just need the digital deluxe version, correct?
  2. Does cross-save allow you to switch seamlessly between Xbox and PC or can you only migrate to one-another and play on that platform alone? (I'm on Xbox at the moment, but would like to play on PC)
  3. It says Destiny 1 content is coming back? Is that included in the deluxe digital or is that something else?

Oct 27, 2017
Google.com, but seriously.

1. Really hasn't been explained well.
2. We don't know exactly but should.
3. No idea what you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.