• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
cant seem to find an answer but is the menageire playable for everyone.... I played a game it took awhile most of us was only 690 but I dont have the annual pass..?does that mean I can get the new items or is bungle just trolling me.

I've loaded into 3 in progress games on ps4, all 3 were in parts with 740 bad guys and were immune to my shots (at 690) because of the lvl difference. The boost to 690 so you were ready to play the new activity was a lie.

Oh and yeah you need the pass.

Oct 27, 2017
I've loaded into 3 in progress games on ps4, all 3 were in parts with 740 bad guys and were immune to my shots (at 690) because of the lvl difference. The boost to 690 so you were ready to play the new activity was a lie.

so did they just forget to lock it behind the pass.. really dumb for them to let poeple do quests for content they didnt buy yet? :/

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
cant seem to find an answer but is the menageire playable for everyone.... I played a game it took awhile most of us was only 690 but I dont have the annual pass..?does that mean I can get the new items or is bungle just trolling me.
You need the annual pass.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
so did they just forget to lock it behind the pass.. really dumb for them to let poeple do quests for content they didnt buy yet? :/

No bungie lets people do it once if you beat the Forsaken campaign because it is part of the power surge quest. After the "free try" you need the annual pass to access it.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's not a lie, it does start out at that and levels as you go. I had a match end at 720 last night

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Matchmaking pairs you with people close to your LL. Go back in at 710ish and you'll easily find a team that manages to clear the whole thing.

Yeah figured that, I'll hit it again after I get to closer to max light like the forges. Just wasted so many mats getting up to lvl (24ish cores and a butt load of other stuff). The steep cost of keeping shit lvled means I won't do it again till stuff starts dropping at 750...

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
The real thing they can do tomorrow to make people shit themselves would be to say all d1 raids are moving over and the reason for them is Infinite forest simulations. Bring Osiris and Sagira back to narrate parts of it and bam, 20 dollars will be tossed at the screen.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Played a round of menagerie last night and we were all 690 and it took over an hour lol

Im pretty sure for most of the boss fight I was the only one shooting him because my teammates would all die at every wall

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Crucible really *is* sniper city right now. And I don't hate it as much as I thought I would. I'm already a pretty careful player so this actually slows the game down to a pace that is more natural for me anyway. And while 2 precision kills and 9 total sniper kills is nothing to brag about for my first couple of games I'm a garbage enough sniper that any progress is good progress. Got to get better somehow, someway, right?

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Crucible really *is* sniper city right now. And I don't hate it as much as I thought I would. I'm already a pretty careful player so this actually slows the game down to a pace that is more natural for me anyway. And while 2 precision kills and 9 total sniper kills is nothing to brag about for my first couple of games I'm a garbage enough sniper that any progress is good progress. Got to get better somehow, someway, right?

It is wicked awesome to see snipers running all over the map. I am enjoying PVP right now a lot.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Played a round of menagerie last night and we were all 690 and it took over an hour lol

Im pretty sure for most of the boss fight I was the only one shooting him because my teammates would all die at every wall

That sound brutal! Matchmaking is generally based off light level, so higher you go up easier it should get! Killed boss in 2 Shield phases.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Weird thing just happened. I went into Izanami forge and just as I clicked on the forge to begin matchmaking the game awarded me a 693 LL Trust hand cannon from out of nowhere. Hammer Forged, Accurized, Dragonfly, Rampage with Range MW. Thanks for the freebie??

Oct 29, 2017
Hey guys, probably a dumb question and it's right in front of me somewhere, but where the hell did the bounty page go in our inventory???

Edit: okay I found it lol

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
so guys is the annual pass worth it? if so, any good deal on PC?

its not if you dont like grindy stuff using the same thing you've grind-ed to death since forsaken ... and if you mainly a solo player like me.. its not worth it at all really.... im mean at least the different activities you get has matchmaking... but no new pvp maps or strikes.. and the two raids it comes with are insanely short.

im guessing though if the expack leak is 100% true im hoping its 40$ like it always is I REALLLLY hope its as big or a little bit bigger than Forsaken and they included the annual pass if you haven't gotten it yet for 60$ the pass was only on sale once for 24.99 thought they would do that again but I guess they are gonna wait out until September.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
I didn't manage to get Arbalest during Revelry, cause I had to move all my shit out for condo renovations. Has it been added into the random exotic drop pool?

Killer

Oct 27, 2017
its not if you dont like grindy stuff using the same thing you've grind-ed to death since forsaken ... and if you mainly a solo player like me.. its not worth it at all really.... im mean at least the different activities you get has matchmaking... but no new pvp maps or strikes.. and the two raids it comes with are insanely short.

im guessing though if the expack leak is 100% true im hoping its 40$ like it always is I REALLLLY hope its as big or a little bit bigger than Forsaken and they included the annual pass if you haven't gotten it yet for 60$ the pass was only on sale once for 24.99 thought they would do that again but I guess they are gonna wait out until September.
That's unfortunate to hear. I mainly play solo unless there was a matchmaking for the activity. I'm burned out from the same grind in Forsaken so I don't think this helps my case.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I like about the pursuits page is the ability to sort pursuits, which doesn't seem to persist after you exit the menu. Everything else worse, including the truncated descriptions reducing the total number of pursuits visible at one time.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Someone designed a new layout for the pursuits tab. I kind of dig it. Not sure about pinnacle weapons getting its own space though. Also don't know what "synthosizers" is. Ultimately, pursuits absolutely needs its own tab at this point, but the decision to put it in the directory makes no sense.

t00ete0jbj231.png

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/c...dium=mweb&_branch_match_id=632099594579787725

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
KonplKD.jpg

Just finished Crown of Sorrow. Apparently we're only the 4th team on PS4 to complete it thus far.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

The power of enemies are dynamic, if your team do well, they will go up, and stay at lower power (700-720) if you don't.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So my boyfriend and I tried getting the Fallen Transponder tonight. It appeared for me, but not him, and when he tried opening the door to it himself, it was locked. He's done the Enemy of My Enemy quest before, talked to Sloane afterwards, etc., but it still won't let him through. What is he missing?

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
So my boyfriend and I tried getting the Fallen Transponder tonight. It appeared for me, but not him, and when he tried opening the door to it himself, it was locked. He's done the Enemy of My Enemy quest before, talked to Sloane afterwards, etc., but it still won't let him through. What is he missing?
You might need to complete all adventures on Titan, but I'm not 100% sure. Make sure he returned to orbit and landed back on Titan again after talking to Sloane and getting the Rat King quest.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Man, you farm Reckoning all week trying to get that juicy sole survivor and it just falls into your lap after a Gambit Prime match. smh

Appended Mag + Fourth Time's The Charm + Firing Line

Yes please

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA

It brings me back to my old play style. I went back to sniping and have to slow go around corners instead of rushing like I have been doing. Now you have teams camping with snipers instead of maybe one or two. Annoying but you have to adapt.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Also the Menagerie has Blackout. Definitely not lmao

It's not terrible. I would say the only crappy encounter is The Riposte (sword taking out knight shields) They just wack you and you basically dead when trying to use sword haha.

Even then I had a competent random team go through it fairly quick (until 740 enemies)

demi

Oct 27, 2017
It's not terrible. I would say the only crappy encounter is The Riposte (sword taking out knight shields) They just wack you and you basically dead when trying to use sword haha.

Even then I had a competent random team go through it fairly quick (until 740 enemies)

i was going to do one for funsies before getting off then i saw that icon and just shut the game off. peace lmao

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I went for Twilight Oath in menagerie (my first because I'm not gonna unlock Dreaming City). And I understand it's like the best sniper. Goes well with the crucible snipefest going on anyway.

Whats good rolls? Only the curated can roll snapshot right?

I got two and kept the one that seemed clearly superior. Box Breathing, hip fire grip, arrowhead brake...range MW. Any good?

It had way better handling on the fruit space graphs than the other one I got. I guess because of arrowhead brake which mentions handling? Since handling is kinda great value snapshot right? (dont remember if it affects ADS though or just ready/stow)

I recall reading Oath has some range falloff/issues so maybe the range MW is good.

What would be a good mod for it? Or not worth modding? I could always dismantle and get the mod back if I get the curated roll.

Naru

May 11, 2019
So I have the second season pass but did they add a shortcut to get some up to date gear so I can jump right into the new Opulence content? I think I am around level 660ish.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
One thing the NF nerf really did hurt was the gun's PvE utility.

Granted, NF wasn't really a first choice energy slot weapon, but it was fun to use at times, since you could proc howl and just pour super-powered crit shots into bosses or large enemies.

Now that howl doesn't boost crit shots at all, it's really kinda useless in PvE, since you don't really need forgiveness against large stationary bullet sponges.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So bemoan the lack of new treadmill stuff like strikes while simultaneously saying to avoid it because it's the same things you've been grinding since Forsaken.

Can't agree with any of that, especially with Season of Opulence and them releasing one of the best PvE modes yet. Jokers Wild you maybe have a case for but honestly Reckoning and the weapon sets make that worth $10 imo.

Outside of Gambit Prime, what with the forges and their weapons, Reckoning and its, and now menagerie and it's chalice I really can't fathom this "same old grind, nothing for solo players" rhetoric. Being a solo player is a complete blast right now and there's some of the best non-PvP activities in the game, fresh in the game for anyone new to the pass.

tomwarren

Senior Editor, The Verge
Verified
Apr 18, 2018
I'm a big Destiny fan, and I'm excited about most of the stuff they're announcing today!

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
man, Menagerie is really really good.

Six people, encounters based on mechanics and ambiance from D1 AND D2, and (once we get access to all the rune slots and runes) targeted farming...

Bungie, this is it. This is it, chief.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Man, if the crosssave function is true I'll really want to make a switch to PC, that was the only thing that was preventing me to move to PC because i don't want to lose my PS4 progress. If only now include crossplay....

Status
Not open for further replies.