• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I fucking told people this would happen

When Crown of Sorrow goes live on June 4th at 4 p.m. Pacific, here is what to expect:
  • While Contest is active, players will face an enforced challenge throughout the Raid. This means, Power beyond certain levels will provide no advantage for a given fight (e.g., for the first fight all Power above 700 won't provide an advantage, and for the final fight Power above 720 will not provide an advantage).
  • We are going to deploy the update at 8AM Pacific and the game will be down until 10AM Pacific, so that as many players as possible can get through the download and verification step and be ready for Opulence launch.

After the 24-hour period ends, we will disable Contest and restore the Power/Raid relationship to its usual functionality. Then players will be able leverage their Power to overcome the Raid's challenge.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47832

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Actually good news. Less reason to do more than one character for those 6 hours. At the most you might need a second character to reach 720, but with good RNG people should be able to get to something like 718 on a single toon. And in that case, why bother compromising the leveling potential of your second and third toon? Further this will give everyone a good chance to go for world's first if they want to without going crazy with leveling efficiency.

I see this as good news, yes. I wonder how the scaling will change once the raid has been fully completed, though?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I actually like that. Levels the playing field, and the team who pulls it off first wins.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
So... this update is literally nothing but Eververse shit. LMAO

The only thing I saw was you can now buy everything with Silver -or- Bright Dust unless I read that wrong

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So right after they talk about nerfs and enrage the community...they talk about eververse.

What the fuck are you doing girl.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
So instead of giving us buffs this week, they give us spend real money updates and then say......but next week will be the fun stuff, we swear!..

least the raid nerds will have things to do when the new season hits, time to start talking about other things.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Well, Pate knocked it out the park lol. 8 hours to get from 0 to 2100 and do the full Luna + Recluse Quest, then a further 12 to get to 5500. Absolute madman, can't believe it.

lols7tje8.jpg

lolsa9xk2j.jpg

d7symusxsaa4nor.jpglaxokk2.jpg

Then, as if having that land into my energy slot wasn't enough to make a day, I did the DC mission and finally got the sparrow:

dwdd1ke4.jpg

Which puts the ship as the last real thing between me and Cursebreaker. After that it's a few bones around Patrol and the Morgeth egg that I've been saving as the last bit of busywork after the ship finally hits.

As for the recent changes, really happy with the Raid changes. I'm hoping if all goes well that this it pulls me back into raiding. Coming late to LW and Scourge (and thus watching a WF and not going blind) killed all of my raid hype ongoing and I've still only done either one once, despite LW being the best raid since VoG imo.

As for Eververse, well butter my bae because I can't wait to check it out and see what's what. Shame about Y1 repeats for bright engrams, but then maybe I'll finally get Spicy Ramen.

Last edited:

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
8 hours to get from 0 to 2100 and do the full Luna + Recluse Quest.
Then a further 12 to get to 5500. Pate really is an absolute madman, can't believe it.

lols7tje8.jpg

lolsa9xk2j.jpg

d7symusxsaa4nor.jpglaxokk2.jpg

Then, as if having that land into my energy slot wasn't enough to make a day, I did the DC mission and finally got the sparrow:

dwdd1ke4.jpg

Which puts the ship as the last real thing between me and Cursebreaker. After that it's a few bones around Patrol and the Morgeth egg that I've been saving as the last bit of busywork after the ship finally hits.

As for the recent changes, really happy with the Raid changes. I'm hoping if all goes well that this it pulls me back into raiding. Coming late to LW and Scourge (and thus watching a WF and not going blind) killed all of my raid hype ongoing and I've still only done either one once, despite LW being the best raid since VoG imo.

As for Eververse, well butter my bae because I can't wait to check it out and see what's what. Shame about Y1 repeats for bright engrams, but then maybe I'll finally get Spicy Ramen.
Congrats.

THe nf grind is not fun. Gatekeepers and account recoveries as far as the eye can see. (at least on xbox)

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So lucky...
Congrats bruh
Cheers dude, appreciate it. I've only shot a few monsters and a giant butthole with it so far but it's pretty satisfying. Better Devils has long reigned king for me so it's nice to have a new HC to plant in slot, and the sound is every bit a quality replacement.

Never been into Crucible beyond a couple of months in D1, despite liking PvP in other games it's just never clicked. I want to give it more time and practice in Opulence though, having been inactive through the majority of JW I hope the break from both Destiny and the entirely-PvE focused rituals will help.

Not that it was an actual thought beforehand but being able to play Crucible without even having to entertain the thought of pursuing the busywork is some free headspace I'll appreciate. Focus on enjoying it more than necessarily becoming some sort of pro in it.

FoxJenkins

Dec 12, 2017
Would like to get back in. Just purchased forsaken and the annual pass. Any clans still kicking about for ps4?

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
If the later parts of the raid where power level doesn't provide any advantage, that could mean the mechanics could be very heavy

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
What does this mean?

Seasonal Weapon Drops
After Season of the Drifter concludes on June 4, the following weapons will be unavailable to unlock at their respective vendors for a limited time. An issue was discovered late in development, and we are working on a fix for a future patch.

"Issue"?

Looks like Oxygen/Delerium etc quests will still be available during opulence, so that's nice for me.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
It means if you don't unlock them now before Opulence, you won't be able to get them until they patch it back. If you unlocked those guns already, you can get random drops still

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
lunas in 8 hours seems so fucking insane to me. every time i try i feel like its 2 steps forward 1 back

It's really not they've shortened the time so much by now. It only takes 17 straight wins to hit fabled IIRC. Which lets say 170 minutes (10 per match) means you could do it in about ~3 hours ideally. So that gives you 5 buffer hours. Glad I didn't try in one of the earlier seasons.

Oct 30, 2017
We finally got around to doing the forges.

So lemme get this straight:

You have two minutes to kill the boss. Who has annoying rotating shield drones, a fuckton of health, an absurd defense, and a metric fuckton of minions. And he can regen the shield drones. Fucking why?

Dec 2, 2017

You have two minutes to kill the boss. Who has annoying rotating shield drones, a fuckton of health, an absurd defense, and a metric fuckton of minions. And he can regen the shield drones. Fucking why?
Stand behind the rock near where he spawns & pop a well, he's a piece of cake. The only tough forge boss is the servitor in Gofannon.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I've been having good success with a Swift Ride that dropped, tactical mag, grave robber and rampage.

I think the key is using the Spo-26 front site on it, which I think is one of those tweener 1.2X zoom sites. Ever since coolguy stated the short zoom sites have precision issues on Swift Ride/Last Perdition, I cant get over it. I dont like those guns with short zoom sites anymore.

And on console, Shotgun>Recluse. And I dont even like shotguns. Recluse is so overrated in this thread. Good? Yeah. All it's cracked up to be? Nah. You'd think it was more OP than Luna's here.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Is there not going to be double/triple infamy next week?

For as tedious Black Armoury can be, the last forge is extremely straight forward compared to the other forges and you can make any weapon in it. There's basically no reason to use the other forges once you have the last one outside of triumphs and daily bounties.

Status
Not open for further replies.