• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, the amount of arc classes I came across in Reckoning yesterday. Like what is you doing? Arc is still buns, I mutter, tossing Novas constantly still

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday was a good day.

Finally hit fabled yesterday morning and picked up Luna's.

Can't wait till they patch the enhancement core bug so I can pick up the Recluse.

But man.... I love Luna's. Feels so good and just fun to fire. It took me a couple games to really get used to but once you get the hang of it, oh my is it fun.

Honestly other then hitting fabled, the quest wasn't that bad but I had a great rolled Trust that carried me through it so that helped.

Also got another Thousand voices from the raid and finally, finally got Shards at Kali.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday was a good day.

Finally hit fabled yesterday morning and picked up Luna's.

Can't wait till they patch the enhancement core bug so I can pick up the Recluse.

But man.... I love Luna's. Feels so good and just fun to fire. It took me a couple games to really get used to but once you get the hang of it, oh my is it fun.

Honestly other then hitting fabled, the quest wasn't that bad but I had a great rolled Trust that carried me through it so that helped.

Also got another Thousand voices from the raid and finally, finally got Shards at Kali.

Nice job boss - did you Solo or group up?

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
I played one comp match last night, of course it had to be countdown on Vostok. Needless to say that was my one and only match for the night :(

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I find faster firing single shot weapons to be pretty fun overall. This includes the 180rpm and up HC's and Scout rifles. They all hit hard enough to do decent to good damage in PVE and PVP but still allow you to place your shots if your aim is quick. In Gambit Prime and regular Gambit last night I ran a very off-meta loadout of Malfeasance (180rpm HC) with Vouchsafe (200rpm Scout) and had a good time with it.

Malf hits hard enough vs Taken that I didn't miss my normal shotgun for dealing with Blockers (and I even killed 2 invaders with it, hehe) and Vouchsafe gives plenty of range and a Lightweight frame for the movement and sprint speed bonuses + orb generation since it is MW.

I wouldn't call it a better loadout than my normal Spare Rations/Breakneck with Ikelos shotty but it felt fun and different and not at all gimped vs what I usually roll with.

Dec 2, 2017
wNfpVlz.jpg

Finally got this gun after maintenance

That's a good roll, there's a solid argument that rapid hit is superior to outlaw or feeding frenzy.

Quickplay is sweaty as hell on console lately, lots of sliding people with the mighty sweat trifecta of Dust Rock Blues/Not Forgotten/Wardcliff Coil. Bleh

By lately you mean since November, right? I'm not sweating Dust Rock since the shotgun nerf, but Wardcliffe tracking is so dumb. It shouldn't be snaking around multiple corners, not if it kills with one or two of those tiny rockets and shoots a billion of them. Meanwhile Two Tailed Fox & legendary rocket launchers with tracking module completely whiff if the opponent is moving at a light jog.

Same with my other characters.

The Gambit Prime ~ Reckoning loop is mind numbing. It makes the Forges look like masterpieces.

Reckoning lol, a horde mode where it's half empty, alteady in progress and everyone departs

I love horde modes, and I'm having a great time with Gambit Prime. So I really want to like Reckoning but it just sucks so far. The modifiers ruin the experience half the time - letting thrall kill you in 2-3 hits when blackout is on means you're basically dead if you don't have a tether hunter to hold them back. That well of radiance ain't saving you. By the same token, if a well-lock doesn't show up good farking luck finishing that thing if you're not Datto.

I ran it 7-8 times yesterday, even with 3 & 4 stacks of Era guys we didn't clear it once, probably just because of class balance, poor titans just didn't get a vital role. Good luck with randos.

I dunno, you're in a boring open area getting sniped, then you walk down a straight path then fight an annoying boss. Tiers 2 & 3 aren't even different things. The levels of gear seem to exist solely as time sponges for people who are anal about collections. Maybe it'll be more fun when the cap is lifted to 750, but right now it might be the worst horde mode we've ever had. Like you said, the forges are much more fun.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna farm some mayhem today and try to get the Suros Catalyst, sprinkled with some Nightfall speeds for the strike catalysts today

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
The modifiers ruin the experience half the time
Yep, take the Modifiers away and all of sudden this mode gets a lot less annoying and therefore more fun. EP doesn't have modifiers and I still find it fun and engaging despite having done it upwards of 50 times. Forges aren't this annoying (not even Gofannon although that might be because the enemies die pretty easily + Riskrunner) and they don't have modifiers either. Can you imagine the hate if Forges had modifiers? Bleh!

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Of course Destiny Horizon is all hands on deck.

A small live team sustaining D2.

VV doing opulence

about 100+ doing work on the autumn release.

And the rest going ham on Destiny Eternal.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
The season of nothing continues to be.....nothing.
I don;t want to be "that guy" and continually bit(h about it, but the past two seasons really have sucked and lack any kind of impact whatsoever as to how/why people want t play Destiny.

And, Bungie is proud of the grind of old Y1 content they added with BA and they are proud with the tweaks they made to Gambit. I mean, it's not like EVERY Prime match takes the full time limit to complete, right? RIGHT? $@$^@$

We need deep and meaningful content that I bet we don;t see until D3..

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's entirely fair for Bungo to dedicate a season to Gambit. Fresh new game mode coming out of Forsaken with a lot of potential but needed some overhauls. As a result, I think it's in a good place right now. Not entirely perfect but such is the endless cycle of Destiny.

That said, it came at the sacrifice of meaningful PVE content to sink our teeth into. And personally, that's mostly the stuff I'm into. I can play Crucible and Gambit and enjoy it because I'm fucking good at it what can I say I make milk out of clay, but it's not what keeps me coming back. Point being, I'm not against a season being dedicated to Gambit, but it comes at a cost. All the eggs in one basket, you know.

At the very least, each season needs a Shattered Throne-esque dungeon. Maybe that's asking for too much, I don't know, I don't make games. But it's content everyone can get in on. Not as big as a raid, but not as meh as forges or Reckoning.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017

What can I say? I like the colors and I like to have fun. I'm in!
Gambit Prime, Recluse, Thorn, allegiance quest, Getaway Artist, that stuff has all been great, so it's not all a loss. People liked Halloween forest, hopefully Easter forest & Arbalest are good too.

Yep. I think the game's in a good place right now. My biggest wants are some Crucible tweaks but even with the stuff that's out of balance I have fun in more matches than not. PVE side there's more than I can do in a week's time just to hit all the milestones much less raids or special events like Iron Banner. I'm probably the definition of overly engaged filthy casual but I'm not disappointed in what's going on with D2 right now.

At the very least, each season needs a Shattered Throne-esque dungeon. Maybe that's asking for too much, I don't know, I don't make games. But it's content everyone can get in on. Not as big as a raid, but not as meh as forges or Reckoning.

This I agree with. Smaller raids, mini-dungeons, whatever you call them, the game could use some more. And not just on a 3 week cycle either!

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played in a while and honestly don't plan on playing this event. I just wanted to comment that I dislike time gating an activity like this or the Haunted Forest. Leave it up afterwards, just make the rewards less not as good as they were during the event or something.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I think it's entirely fair for Bungo to dedicate a season to Gambit. Fresh new game mode coming out of Forsaken with a lot of potential but needed some overhauls. As a result, I think it's in a good place right now. Not entirely perfect but such is the endless cycle of Destiny.
That said, it came at the sacrifice of meaningful PVE content to sink our teeth into. And personally, that's mostly the stuff I'm into. I can play Crucible and Gambit and enjoy it because I'm fucking good at it what can I say I make milk out of clay, but it's not what keeps me coming back. Point being, I'm not against a season being dedicated to Gambit, but it comes at a cost. All the eggs in one basket, you know.

What can I say? I like the colors and I like to have fun. I'm in!
Yep. I think the game's in a good place right now. My biggest wants are some Crucible tweaks but even with the stuff that's out of balance I have fun in more matches than not. PVE side there's more than I can do in a week's time just to hit all the milestones much less raids or special events like Iron Banner. I'm probably the definition of overly engaged filthy casual but I'm not disappointed in what's going on with D2 right now.
This I agree with. Smaller raids, mini-dungeons, whatever you call them, the game could use some more. And not just on a 3 week cycle either!

Kind of similar so I'll respond to them together.

The game is not in a bad place at all right now, players that have not been around since Day 1 are literally stepping into a goldmine of activities and new experiences to enjoy. For vets that have put in 500-1,000+ hours into the game? They obviously love the game, but it is a grind now, with no real benefits to getting to 700...

Gambit is so it or miss when you play. The tweaks to gambit could have been made at any time to enhance the product, but right now, it's the same mess, just now it gets dragged out by constant invasions, which prolong the final encounter even longer. I understand this was their counter to "melting" the boss, but yikes it's like running on a hamster wheel trying to whittle down his health bar

More mini-raids or dungeons would be awesome. I especially want new locations to explore, new enemies to shoot and the demise of cores. However, I don't believe we will see any of that until D3 launches along with PS5.

Last edited:

JonCha

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Got headseeker, high-impact reserves and armour-piercing rounds on my Bygones which seems pretty good? Would have liked full auto but not huge.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I prefer season 4 and 5's Gambit.

Season 6 Gambit has gotten almost as sweaty as Competitive.

Bungie's increase on longevity grinds has gotten proportionally way too grindy compared to Destiny 1

Last edited:

LawfulEnder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get up to 52% on Double Kills and 58% on Calculated Trajectories for Mountaintop last night. Hoping a few more nights of playing a few Comp games with a pal and grinding out some solo Mayhem are enough to reach the summit.

Not a super fun grind, but I feel compelled to get it done while Mayhem is an option.

Dec 2, 2017
*Spent all my motes on sentry gear.
*Sentry gets disabled.

*Decided to go for reaper so I'd at least have something.
*Four stack can't clear T3 on multiple attempts because there's like one team composition on blackout that'll work.

*Decide to bump down to T2 just to get some reaper stuff.
*Won't matchmake me with 4 people, team fails at last second.

Also, thanks for continually giving me sidearm perks on everything, really comes in handy.

I hate bitching about this stuff but damn, Reckoning just feels like a huge waste of free time right now. At least I got my master smith trophy today.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I hope the Verdant Forest is more fun than the Haunted Forest because I played just enough of that to get my free Fighting Lion before I dipped the fuck out.

Played some comp last night with 2 buddies and hit around 1450 glory, still got a big hurdle to go, but I'm about 2/3rds of the way there and it feels good.

Status
Not open for further replies.