• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I played QP for a few hours and got up to ~42%, I wasnt feeling the IKELOS so I went with Kindled, initially a rampage/killclip but I went with another roll I have - Rangefinder, Rapid Hit w/ Range MW. Slapped a Targeting Mod on it and it feels better to me.

Was using a Chaperone but realised it was just stealing kills, so using a Service Revolver with Rangefinder KillClip with a Targeting Mod.

Gonna just go shaft deep in Comp and YOLO the rest today.
Bruh. Rumble.

You probably would have been done in under 2 hours. 45 minutes from where you are and you're all set. 8%-10% per match is very realistic.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It could just be all setup for D3, but I feel like they are really setting us up for a big story moment with Savathun very, very soon. The dreaming city loop cycle being controlled by her daughter, and the loop cycle itself lending to her ultimate goal of finding the most effective way to feed her worm's hunger for death and violence, and now the "walking the line" allegiance quest for the "dark vs light" guardians.

It's all adding up to some AWESOME lore and future content, whether or not it releases this fall or in 2020. I reeeeeally hope they keep this direction up overall.

EDIT: And to be clear, they HAVE to have a massive Taken King/Forsaken style DLC update for Savathun. She is the next big thing next to Oryx, and a Taken King style content release to end out D2's life would be amazing.

Keeping my fingers crossed for E3, please big expansion please!

Dr ChadMan

Oct 25, 2017
I missed the Last Word Quest, can I still complete it or did they just add it to the loot pool, like thunderlord?

Oct 29, 2017
What is the best way to come around on the story stuff post Forsaken campaign? Is there a list of the relevant lore entries or activities that drop them?

Bergusia Forge completions drop black armory lore on every completion, now. Dreaming City lo
I wonder how d3 is gonna shake out now. Will they just keep updating D2 until next gen or go cross gen with d3? Etc

I would be fine with D2 just being added onto, but if they completely revamp D3 with the idea of it being the final core version with expansions a few times a year that is probably the ideal.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
So is thorn hell on earth like D1 or is it severely nerfed?
Nah. It's a 150 with a marginally annoying dot effect (that will almost never get kills on its own) with a gimmick mechanic that allows it to 2-tap for about 6 or 7 seconds.

Ace of Spades and The Last Word are still the class of the kinetic slot for PvP because they are so consistent. In the case of Ace, its so much easier to maximize (far easier to use damage buff mechanic than Thorn's), it really is just the default best kinetic hand cannon in the game.

But Thorn is a really entertaining (if less efficient) option. It's also really cool when you get hit by it. It's like you hear whispers and shit.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Bergusia Forge completions drop black armory lore on every completion, now. Dreaming City lo

I would be fine with D2 just being added onto, but if they completely revamp D3 with the idea of it being the final core version with expansions a few times a year that is probably the ideal.
Yeah, it's interesting now that they don't have a contractual need to make another retail release. Makes sense to just keep updating D2 until next gen now, focus on making d3 a next gen title, taking advantage of new tech.

Dec 6, 2017
I really hope they are still going to do proper expansions, but I feel like it's unlikely to be this year. They needed two other Activision studios to get forsaken out iirc. The game will die if it doesn't have a big expansion size drop.

The seasons stuff is great, but it shouldn't be an either or situation. I know that's asking alot of them so I dunno what's gonna happen. Probably won't find out until e3 what's happening.
High Moon only helped with the Tangled Shore (which isn't insignificant), as far as I know. Bungie did everything else. Vicarious Visions was focused on Warmind and has been working on Penumbra ever since. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Bungie could release something this fall, but I'd bet it's not as big as Forsake was; probably a tad bit smaller in the TTK size. What a lot of people don't know is that the Taken War stuff (after you finished the main campaign) was done at the last minute by a small team, so they're able to put out quite a bit of content when they have to. But you're right, we won't find out until around e3.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I still contend this falls big content drop is going to be Destiny 1 content. I think we get all of the Destiny 1 locations, missions, and updated versions of the raids (not all at once but over the course of 9/19 - 9/20). I think the story stuff comes free to all users, but raids and exotics are behind a new $40 annual pass. I think Destiny fans love this, but Bungie gets a bunch of shit for selling old content again.

Dec 6, 2017
I still contend this falls big content drop is going to be Destiny 1 content. I think we get all of the Destiny 1 locations, missions, and updated versions of the raids (not all at once but over the course of 9/19 - 9/20). I think the story stuff comes free to all users, but raids and exotics are behind a new $40 annual pass.
As cool as it would be to play d1 content at 60+ FPS, I'd much rather them create new content.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I still contend this falls big content drop is going to be Destiny 1 content. I think we get all of the Destiny 1 locations, missions, and updated versions of the raids (not all at once but over the course of 9/19 - 9/20). I think the story stuff comes free to all users, but raids and exotics are behind a new $40 annual pass. I think Destiny fans love this, but Bungie gets a bunch of shit for selling old content again.

I'm in.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It could just be all setup for D3, but I feel like they are really setting us up for a big story moment with Savathun very, very soon. The dreaming city loop cycle being controlled by her daughter, and the loop cycle itself lending to her ultimate goal of finding the most effective way to feed her worm's hunger for death and violence, and now the "walking the line" allegiance quest for the "dark vs light" guardians.

It's all adding up to some AWESOME lore and future content, whether or not it releases this fall or in 2020. I reeeeeally hope they keep this direction up overall.

EDIT: And to be clear, they HAVE to have a massive Taken King/Forsaken style DLC update for Savathun. She is the next big thing next to Oryx, and a Taken King style content release to end out D2's life would be amazing.
I believe savathun is the plan, she's all over the vanilla campaign especially on Titan and she's the source of the dreaming city curse.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
The Crucible requirements for exotic quests are so bad. I hate, hate, hate being forced into Crucible to complete these exotic quests simply because some designer decided it would be fun for people to grind in PvP. Crucible is an unbalanced awful fucking mess and people shouldn't be subjected or forced into that shitshow if they don't want to be. I hate this game design, and it is actively burning me out on what is an otherwise enjoyable experience.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Hopefully, I only plan on buying Trails of Cold Steel after the Division, so a nice meaty fall update would be awesome.

I mean, this is throughthe summer,:
VN6I3Rg.png

after that though, my wishful thinking, never going to happen roadmap for Destiny this year includes:
- D1 and D2 client merger with the entire Destiny universe opened up for exploration
- Daily story missions return to go through the D1 story parts
- return of Eris
- Cayde-7 appears to banter with bat-shit insane Eris
- Black Armory changes to allow some player control over their forged weapons
- PvP mode (capture the flag type mode) with pikes and one of those big ass guns the cabal use as a perk
- PvP Killzone 2 War zone style playlist
- custom public servers with selectible weapon types (by shotty/handcannon meta)
- tower activities
- new planet to explore
- remove the damn cores required for infusion

ah. well having fun with friends is objectively more important than efficiency.

take care of the homies. If they get off and you still have progress to make, you know where to go.

Friend-game is the best game for Destiny

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
High Moon only helped with the Tangled Shore, as far as I know. Bungie did everything else. Vicarious Visions was focused on Warmind and has been working on Penumbra ever since. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Bungie could release something this fall, but I'd bet it's not as big as Forsake was; probably a tad bit smaller in the TTK size. What a lot of people don't know is that the Taken War stuff (after you finished the main campaign) was done at the last minute by a small team, so they're able to put out quite a bit of content when they have to. But you're right, we won't find out until around e3.
Never knew that re: the other studios and the taken war stuff. Sounds much better than I thought it was for content generation from bungie.

Yeah, I don't figure we'd get a huge forsaken(think it's the dlc I've put the most hours into this gen) like update but something like TTK would be great.

Oct 29, 2017
The Crucible requirements for exotic quests are so bad. I hate, hate, hate being forced into Crucible to complete these exotic quests simply because some designer decided it would be fun for people to grind in PvP. Crucible is an unbalanced awful fucking mess and people shouldn't be subjected or forced into that shitshow if they don't want to be. I hate this game design, and it is actively burning me out on what is an otherwise enjoyable experience.

It's really not that bad, though... What gun/quest step are you on? What platform do you play on? There is bound to be someone here who can help you through it, too.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
FWIW, I strongly encourage doing Rumble. It's still PvP, but it was infinitely faster than QP for me. Many more opportunities to kill enemies.

It's really not that bad, though... What gun/quest step are you on? What platform do you play on? There is bound to be someone here who can help you through it, too.
the forced Crucible step is pretty bad. Your average player is seeing 2%-4% progress per QP match. That translates to 25-30 QP matches x 8-10 minutes per match.

That's a fuckin slog. I can't recommend doing Rumble enough.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Agreed 100% but they are getting better going by the thorn quest options. Although the biggest step still requires crucible unfortunately... hope they add PvP pve options to every exotic bounty going forward. For every step.

But I'm a dreamer.

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
As cool as it would be to play d1 content at 60+ FPS, I'd much rather them create new content.

This. New content > Recycled content. I don't blame Bungie too much tho, they probably have most resources tied to the development of Destiny 3. I loved D1 (with its faults), but nah. I'm a hopeful for Destiny, now that Activision is a thing of the past.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

Ain't this the truth, but don't say it too loud in here, you'll be told to git gud and/or "you just want to win" by some when you have valid complaints about Destiny's PvP.

tumblr_mfnd8ryS1R1ri5dojo4_250.gif

but yeah, PvP for these quests really sucks, but hey, I suck at PvP, so that's a me problem, lol. I have to get better.

Oct 29, 2017
FWIW, I strongly encourage doing Rumble. It's still PvP, but it was infinitely faster than QP for me. Many more opportunities to kill enemies.

the forced Crucible step is pretty bad. Your average player is seeing 2%-4% progress per QP match. That translates to 25-30 QP matches x 8-10 minutes per match.

That's a fuckin slog. I can't recommend doing Rumble enough.

I'm by no means a crucible god, but I feel like the quest wasn't THAT bad...but hey, I'm not going to discount someone's experience with it. I do agree that the loss of progress on pvp related quests should probably be removed, definitely.

And yeah, I 110% back you on the Rumble recommendation. It's very useful for these!

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Man my biggest wish for D3, give me FOV options and or make the default much bigger. Shit is atrocious. Dial the graphics down if needed, I wish the pro version gave you extra fov instead of whatever they did.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If the new weapons would gerante orbs I'd put up with the grind. I did the ace of spades one just to never use it. End up always using legendaries and the few year 1 weapons that were able to be masterworked (sun shot at the moment). Also like the sun shot becuase of my potatoe aim.

Oct 29, 2017
If the new weapons would gerante orbs I'd put up with the grind. I did the ace of spades one just to never use it. End up always using legendaries and the few year 1 weapons that were able to be masterworked (sun shot at the moment). Also like the sun shot becuase of my potatoe aim.

The pinnacle weapons drop as masterworks, if that helps!

Hopefully we see exotic weapon catalysts come back in a great way soon though, yeah.

Dec 6, 2017
Man my biggest wish for D3, give me FOV options and or make the default much bigger. Shit is atrocious. Dial the graphics down if needed, I wish the pro version gave you extra fov instead of whatever they did.
I assume you mean for console? That's a console thing, more than a Destiny thing. They really pushed fidelity, rather than performance. And I'm with you, I wish they'd push the performance, but that's a huge reason why I went to PC. It'd be cool if they did a performance patch that gave you the option to push to 60 fps, but the undertaking from a dev perspective would probably be unreasonable at this point.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
And yeah losing progress on PvP bounties for people that don't like pvp is soul destroying. I went from nearly 50% to 13 in a few stack matches. I just abandoned the bounty out of sheer anger, the best thing I could've done is leave the matches. Bounties like that encourage quitting if you know you're gonna get stomped.

Status
Not open for further replies.