• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
What weapons everyone using for Gambit Prime fellas? Coming back after a haiatus, and feel like some major changes happened lol. What's currently your weapon loadouts?

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
Dude! I see Jotunn non stop in Gambit and PvP! It's pretty good ya?

Hammerhead I have, but wasn't super impressed. I thought the machineguns were nerfed?

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
For sure! Just need to finish the rare bounty portion for Ada and I'll be on the Shattered Throne bit of the Izanagi quest, so I'll be looking for people for that as well haha

Yeah it's great music for sure. You here bits of it during the final portion of the Whisper quest too when things really ratchet up.
Yeah I'm waiting for the rare Ada bounty too lol

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Dude! I see Jotunn non stop in Gambit and PvP! It's pretty good ya?

Hammerhead I have, but wasn't super impressed. I thought the machineguns were nerfed?

Don't have it yet, but having been on the other end of it countless times I can attest to how well Jotunn destroys.

MGs have had their damage nerfed against bosses & minibosses by 21%, but they're still pretty reliable imo. I see them all the time.

Honestly right now it seems a bunch of people are working Lord of Wolves into their loadout with the recent shotgun dmg buffs, so if you have that I'd give it a whirl.

Personally I use Breakneck or shotty in Kinetic, Le Monarque in Energy, and Hammerhead as my standard loadout and seem to do fine.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Oh goodie another insanely overpowered hand cannon to get jarred the f out of by and kill you before you even have a chance to see what's hitting you!

Oh and I bet the recluse is SUPER FUN too.

The hits just keep on coming.

Good thing pulse rifles have a four minute time to kill! Totally balanced! And it's not like hand cannons can kill you from Alaska or anything! Oh wait.

Edit: At least Drewsky says he doesn't think it will replace Luna/NF. So that's somewhat relieving. Time will tell though.

Last edited:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Whats the point of all this +1 gambit prime armor really? I guess you can mix and match sets for one?

I'm at the point where I converted my synth to blue, but I'm still 667, not high enough (well, sure not with randos) to do tier 2 reckoning.

I dunno, the +1 and really +2 armor seems a bit pointless no? Shouldn't we just save (synths) and wait for +3?

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
None of these hand cannons can really compete on console outside of the 180 RPM. Every other archetype has to shot pace while 180's don't, which reduces TTK--and that's before taking into consideration magnificent howl.

On PC--much stronger, but Ace and NF have the range by a ways.

Still a cool gun, but particularly on console bungie needs to address the hand cannon RPM issue. Probably should address the Not Forgotten/Lunas Howl issue at this point too but that's another topic.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Still a cool gun, but particularly on console bungie needs to address the hand cannon RPM issue. Probably should address the Not Forgotten/Lunas Howl issue at this point too but that's another topic.

Why? Because they need to be STRONGER?

Literally the only guns that exist in crucible are hand cannons and specials. Even Bygones barely makes the top 5 in kinetic slot anymore and it's falling back slowly.

Edit if by "address" you mean nerf Luna/NF and strengthen the other archetypes, ok, that sounds fine.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
None of these hand cannons can really compete on console outside of the 180 RPM. Every other archetype has to shot pace while 180's don't, which reduces TTK--and that's before taking into consideration magnificent howl.

On PC--much stronger, but Ace and NF have the range by a ways.

The only 'issue' with Not Forgotten and Luna's Howl is that they have a damage-increase perk that doesn't require a kill to activate. So it's not really an issue with them as it is a lack of competition.

Rather than nerfing those guns, which are both fun to use and require skill to acquire, they'd be better off introducing more similarly effective perks, and buffing the ones that exist.

Take headseeker for example. Useless perk. Change it so that the damage boost is a) bigger and b) carries over into subsequent bursts, and suddenly you have a pulse rifle that is similarly deadly and doesn't require the kill to get the benefit.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
What weapons everyone using for Gambit Prime fellas? Coming back after a haiatus, and feel like some major changes happened lol. What's currently your weapon loadouts?

Huckleberry, Loaded Question, Crooked Fang 4FR. Only use heavy for invaders/invasions. Typically no need for it with a skull helmet + nova bomb anyway.

Why? Because they need to be STRONGER?

Literally the only guns that exist in crucible are hand cannons and specials. Even Bygones barely makes the top 5 in kinetic slot anymore and it's falling back slowly.

Edit if by "address" you mean nerf Luna/NF and strengthen the other archetypes, ok, that sounds fine.

I'd rebalance 180's. They should have worst in class body shot TTK, and require 3 crit 1 body for optimal time to kill rather than 2 crit 2 body. Allow magnificent howl to still 3 tap and keep the .67 ttk (best in class), but cut the magnificent howl window by just a tad, reducing the likelihood of opening an engagement with the shot in order to two tap.

By doing this, the weapons become more risk/reward. If you miss a 3 tap as is, the ttk is still very solid compared to all other weapons, so its no big deal. With this change you're severely behind the eight ball if you don't hit optimal TTK, allowing many other weapons to close the gap.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
The only 'issue' with Not Forgotten and Luna's Howl is that they have a damage-increase perk that doesn't require a kill to activate. So it's not really an issue with them as it is a lack of competition.

Rather than nerfing those guns, which are both fun to use and require skill to acquire, they'd be better off introducing more similarly effective perks, and buffing the ones that exist.

Take headseeker for example. Useless perk. Change it so that the damage boost is a) bigger and b) carries over into subsequent bursts, and suddenly you have a pulse rifle that is similarly deadly and doesn't require the kill to get the benefit.

Yea, those perks need help. The thing is headseeker and fate of all fools only ever exist to help with forgiveness, making it easier to acquire optimal ttk without landing the required crits. But even at OPTIMAL ttk, the guns are still behind. The only way to truly improve ttk with those perks is to make it so a one burst/tap followed by a crit would result in an optimal ttk, but that'd be weird...like, purposefully be less accurate and be rewarded with the guns best ttk.

Bungie's way of dealing with it has been to make it easier to obtain the weapons in comp. We'll see if it works. Will probably make it so average pvp'ers run into more not forgottens and get super dunked on. Meanwhile good but not great players get a more even playing field.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Am I reading this correctly that if I bring my 539 power character back into the game right now I can get it up to current content level in about an hour?

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Thorn needs more stability and range. Maybe a a small base damage buff. As is, it's not viable in PvP. It's fun in PvE though.

Nov 14, 2017
Surrounded Threat Level, Curated Age Old Bond, and 1 Thousand Voices. That seems to let me help in most roles as needed.
Am I reading this correctly that if I bring my 539 power character back into the game right now I can get it up to current content level in about an hour?
Yes.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Ooh, comp is kinda easy right now. Because everybody heard "void HC in comp is way to get thorn". Lotsa newbs.

I might try to sneak in some progress. Or if you are trying to get luna etc, great time.

Dec 2, 2017
I sided with the Vanguard because I couldn't imagine betraying them after everything that's happened over two games, but...

Man, this narc quest is making me feel lame.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spectral blades is definitely the worst shit in the history of the universe. I like Oryx better than spec blade hunters.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
LOL at kids who are terrible at crucible already running around with Thorn.

You have thorn, and you're a potato.

I'm doing my void kills with Inaugural Address. Damn that gun is still good. This is why I say Destiny gun stats lie. IIRC there is nothing in the stats of that gun to say why it's so good, but it just is. It's not like it has way more stability than other 390 RPM pulses or anything at all to make it stand out (of course I'm not counting kill clip).

Going slow though, only 15%. May have to use a void HC.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
I can nit believe how many hours I have pit into this game in the last week or so. It is like impossible to stop playing lol

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Spectral blades is definitely the worst shit in the history of the universe. I like Oryx better than spec blade hunters.

What sucks is due to Bungie's glacial pace, we aren't gonna see a nerf to it for a long long time, whenever the next sandbox update hits in forever. Just have to live with that crap.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Hmm I need 500 guardian void cannon kills or points? For this thorn step. Fun

Edit according to dim, I know it's a percentage in game

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
It's points and you get different amount of points based on how you do. Void HC streaks give the most progress so whip out your Kindled Orchid.
No kindled sadly but I have ikelos and I think I might have the trials one from y1 not sure. But ikelos will do.

I'll wait until whenever I've got a team to try, especially with comp being worth more. No rush.

.git

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
I can nit believe how many hours I have pit into this game in the last week or so. It is like impossible to stop playing lol
I couldn't agree more. I picked up Forsaken on Sunday, and I would hate to know how many hours I have put into the game since then. It's a shame Division is coming out Friday as that will take up most of my free time.

Status
Not open for further replies.