• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
These Gambit Prime guns are shy bastards. I wish they had made them at least seem farmable. I don't even know if they are farmable or if only curated ones drop from those alleged specific requirements. I got a curated SMG from an HVT. The hand cannon chance is allegedly banking 50 motes in a game I'm told. I don't even want the curated roll .-.

I wish there was some legendary drop bounties for Prime like there is regular Gambit.

Guns drop from Tier 2 Reck completions, both Curated and Not. Tier 3 probably has a higher chance

ph1l0z0ph3r

Oct 27, 2017
Im baffled that Bungie introduced a new type of Gambit and didnt address the same weapons being used by invaders over and over again.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Im baffled that Bungie introduced a new type of Gambit and didnt address the same weapons being used by invaders over and over again.

I have played a lot of gambit prime (already have 21 Delirium) and I have not encountered a single Queensbreaker or Crooked Fang. I see a lot of snipers though since Prime map is bigger than traditional Gambit map. I think the only gun that I used to see a lot in old gambit (invasion wise) and still see in Prime is Jotunn

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I'm on a Black Armory step of doing some heroic event and man, is that bullshit.

Apparently there's also this really hard mission later on with no matchmaking?

New dlc is super fun but this old BA quests are terrible. Specially if there are steps that screw solo players. This game can be infuriating. I don't even know if I'll bother with this.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm on a Black Armory step of doing some heroic event and man, is that bullshit.

New dlc is super fun but this old BA quests are terrible. Specially if there are steps that screw solo players. This game can be infuriating. I don't even know if I'll bother with this.
Is it weird that I read that in Moe's voice?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
These Gambit Prime guns are shy bastards. I wish they had made them at least seem farmable. I don't even know if they are farmable or if only curated ones drop from those alleged specific requirements. I got a curated SMG from an HVT. The hand cannon chance is allegedly banking 50 motes in a game I'm told. I don't even want the curated roll .-.

I wish there was some legendary drop bounties for Prime like there is regular Gambit.

So if killing an hvt rewards the smg etc what is the task that rewards the scout?

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
first comp game of the season and i get paired up with a level 9 and a level 15. some things will never change.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Does anyone know which activity gives the most xp in the shortest time ? Wanna farm some eververse engrams on my alts.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Man, bad reputation feels so crispy to me right now. I think SMG's got a stealth buff with the crit/body rejigger. Blast Furnace+Bad Reputation feels great (crucible).

Also heard a new to me shaxx line on finishing second in rumble.
You're second. Good, just as Zavala is second to me". Made me chuckle.

Gammacide

Oct 27, 2017
I know Gambit wins aren't counting toward Malfeasance and that'll be fixed tomorrow, but a win with all Gambit weapons equipped didn't count either. Awful stuff. Hopefully the one fix fixes both issues.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017

Welcome to Y2 D2, where the exotics are made up and no one under 4 figures in playtime matters.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Welcome to Y2 D2, where the exotics are made up and no one under 4 figures in playtime matters.

I think my biggest annoyance with Destiny is still the lack of matchmaking for some content and how a ton of systems are obfuscated and the hardcore fanbase treats everyone like idiots because they don't know this weird mechanic that is never explained in-game.

Gambit Prime is a huge improvement with the markers for the envoys and the star icon.

I hate how many stuff you have to go to reddit or the wiki to know how to do. Or else you will miss it.

Pollux

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think my biggest annoyance with Destiny is still the lack of matchmaking for some content and how a ton of systems are obfuscated and the hardcore fanbase treats everyone like idiots because they don't know this weird mechanic that is never explained in-game.

Gambit Prime is a huge improvement with the markers for the envoys and the star icon.

I hate how many stuff you have to go to reddit or the wiki to know how to do. Or else you will miss it.
Amen.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Was grinding strikes this weekend for that scout.
Finally got the wardcliff catalyst. The grind to complete that begins now. Any good farming areas besides escalation protocol?

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Queenbreaker got nerfed didn't it?
Triple nerfed, which was, yet again, overkill. They nerfed the aim assists on fusion rifles, fixed the double aim assist on Queenbreaker and removed the bonus aim assist on the Combat Sight, which the Queenbreaker uses. They got the Nova Warp treatment lol, which u never see anymore either. Is it so hard to balance stuff instead of practically deleting it from the game?

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Feels a bit like I shot this guy around a corner:

New dlc is super fun but this old BA quests are terrible. Specially if there are steps that screw solo players.

While in general, I think the quest design in BA is/was awful, I thought the Izanami forge strike @ 630 was fun and challenging to solo. Void + grenadier lends itself to some fun builds for warlocks and titans and a top-tree nightstalker shouldn't have much trouble. Extinguish is annoying, but I'd much rather several attempts instead of waiting for specific enemies and events to spawn on patrol over and over and fucking over.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
waiting for specific enemies and events to spawn on patrol over and over and fucking over.
why does Bungie keep doing this. for everything that's fun about this game there's like a million grindy bullshit quests or little things that make you go "why?"

for instance: why are there still crucible quests where you can lose progress? As if crucible isn't already enough of a miserable shitfest as it is

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I kind of like that tbh. I have to do that all the time with Path of Exile. I miss some things but it's ok because I also find things that aren't apparent and that's fun.

I think a balance between hidden stuff and obvious ones is important but Destiny doesn't strike that balance for me. Especially since a lot of the cool stuff is hidden instead of being stuff for the real hardcore.

Like that Shattered Throne dungeon that only appears in a specific week and has no matchmaking and I don't think they even tell you about it.

Or how the Ascendant Challenge is an important way to get story bits in the game and there's no way you find where it is without a guide.

And that's fun content. Better than just doing the daily bounties.

There's also stuff like "clear this lost sector" when the names of the sectors are not in the map. Or "find this chests" that you just go get a guide or else no way you do it.

Having stuff like this from time to time I think it's fun but a lot of Destiny Bungie just doesn't tell you about it. Like unlocking Heroic versions of events (and then community gets mad at "blueberries" because they didn't to read how to unlock everyone of these on the internet).

I don't like having to do all this work just to find content to play. It's unnecessary gatekeeping.

Having Easter eggs and surprise events is one thing but Destiny hides too many stuff.

Season of the drifter seems to rely less on that stuff but man, that part of the game design is no fun to me and really alienating.

That said, Destiny is still fun as hell. I just wish they had a different philosophy regarding this stuff (also, no NF matchmaking was dumb Destiny 1 and keeps being dumb)

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
why does Bungie keep doing this. for everything that's fun about this game there's like a million grindy bullshit quests or little things that make you go "why?"

for instance: why are there still crucible quests where you can lose progress? As if crucible isn't already enough of a miserable shitfest as it is

I'll never get the last word thanks to this.

Altought I kinda like it being skill based. Even if I'll never complete it, it makes it a real accomplishment getting it. Better than some of the other bullshit they pull like killing 75 fallen with melee...

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I am so into this game right now after buying Forsaken. How long does it take to get Forsaken all completed?

If you split your time between playing Forsaken and complaining about {{{Destiny}}} like most people here you will get many hours out of your game, it's almost never-ending

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think a balance between hidden stuff and obvious ones is important but Destiny doesn't strike that balance for me. Especially since a lot of the cool stuff is hidden instead of being stuff for the real hardcore.

Like that Shattered Throne dungeon that only appears in a specific week and has no matchmaking and I don't think they even tell you about it.

Or how the Ascendant Challenge is an important way to get story bits in the game and there's no way you find where it is without a guide.

And that's fun content. Better than just doing the daily bounties.

There's also stuff like "clear this lost sector" when the names of the sectors are not in the map. Or "find this chests" that you just go get a guide or else no way you do it.

Having stuff like this from time to time I think it's fun but a lot of Destiny Bungie just doesn't tell you about it. Like unlocking Heroic versions of events (and then community gets mad at "blueberries" because they didn't to read how to unlock everyone of these on the internet).

I don't like having to do all this work just to find content to play. It's unnecessary gatekeeping.

Having Easter eggs and surprise events is one thing but Destiny hides too many stuff.

Season of the drifter seems to rely less on that stuff but man, that part of the game design is no fun to me and really alienating.

That said, Destiny is still fun as hell. I just wish they had a different philosophy regarding this stuff (also, no NF matchmaking was dumb Destiny 1 and keeps being dumb)
I think Bungie is leaning on the community engagement side to get the community to solve riddles and problems sometimes it goes well, see outbreak prime in D1, or the whisper quest in D2, sometimes it doesn't go as well, see Niobe Labs.

I will agree on the NF matchmaking though, thoroughly inexcusable and pointless.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I am so into this game right now after buying Forsaken. How long does it take to get Forsaken all completed?
Ironically I had stopped playing Destiny waiting on Anthem, which turned out to be such a bad product that it got me back into Destiny.

of course this endless grind opening the Forges is killing the joy atm...

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I think Bungie is leaning on the community engagement side to get the community to solve riddles and problems sometimes it goes well, see outbreak prime in D1, or the whisper quest in D2, sometimes it doesn't go as well, see Niobe Labs.

I will agree on the NF matchmaking though, thoroughly inexcusable and pointless.

I think in terms of community engagement I would like if things were obscure until people found it and then like x amount of time and then just made it available to the wider audience. You would reward and promote the community will not demanding you to be on reddit or get a group to play fun content.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Was grinding strikes this weekend for that scout.
Finally got the wardcliff catalyst. The grind to complete that begins now. Any good farming areas besides escalation protocol?

If you are lucky enough to own Taken Armaments mod, just fire up Tier 1 Reckoning. Use your Wardcliff on the mobs, get some kills with grenade, free heavy.

Tier 2 has even more enemies on the bridge encounter to spam Coil

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017

I think there is a very good balance in Destiny for this kind of thing. PoE is an example of a game that is way too complex and was criticized a lot for that when it first came out but over time people learned to appreciate it. Destiny isn't even 1/10th as complex as PoE and I love PoE so I can't complain. There are things I will probably never be able to get but that is fine. TLW crucible quest step for example is brutal for me but I just started playing again not long ago so for me to expect to be able to compete in crucible at all should be a tall order. It's just practice in that mode and playing smart and I think I can eventually get it but if I don't it's ok.

Again there is enough hand holding in D2 imo but it's the catering to hardcore and to casuals that makes D2 refreshing as more and more games cater strictly to casuals.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I used EP in my own instance but I've heard PVP progresses it faster.
True! I should take advantage of mayhem
If you are lucky enough to own Taken Armaments mod, just fire up Tier 1 Reckoning. Use your Wardcliff on the mobs, get some kills with grenade, free heavy.

Tier 2 has even more enemies on the bridge encounter to spam Coil
God I wish I had that, will have to wait for heavyweight reckoning

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada

For the most part they stopped— it felt like a step backwards, to the days of mat farming for swords or WarSats for Sleeper in D1.

why are there still crucible quests where you can lose progress? As if crucible isn't already enough of a miserable shitfest as it is

I like crucible and I really like the PvP quest lines that encourage/demand player development. There are exactly two exotic quest steps that punish death in PvP (three if you include Gambit) and these are far less punitive than in D1.

Only do the tedious steps when they correspond to something else you were going to do and you'll get to the mission parts eventually. Otherwise just do fun things; it's a game— have fun.

Dec 2, 2017
Ironically I had stopped playing Destiny waiting on Anthem, which turned out to be such a bad product that it got me back into Destiny.

Those quests are uniquely bad, and were a misguided step to pad out what they saw as a lack of content at the time. Fortunately they've said they heard players didn't like it and have moved on from that, they just let players jump into reckoning right away.

All I can say about those forge quests is that they just take 2 hours of nonsense and then you're done with them for good.

...unless you want to open the forges for alts :/

Oct 29, 2017
I like crucible and I really like the PvP quest lines that encourage/demand player development. There are exactly two exotic quest steps that punish death in PvP (three if you include Gambit) and these are far less punitive than in D1.

Agreed. The PvP steps in, say, the TLW quest are not very difficult. They just take some time. Especially when Mayhem is the gametype of the week, that's the easiest mode to get the medals portion of that quest in.

Complaining about PvP steps in a PvP weapon quest is ridiculous anyway. I get it, I get salty too when I go on a losing streak. But it's still reasonable quest design.

Dec 6, 2017

That's because there aren't any mechanics in game that are overly difficult to figure out.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
That's because there aren't any mechanics in game that are overly difficult to figure out.

Yeah "shoot this small part of the pod that is sending out smoke and throw it to the enemy instead of following the objective" is totally obvious.

Or "kill these two enemies first to increase damage input on the big one despite no indication that works".

Or when the only indication you get is a little message in the left side of the screen when you are focused on the middle of the screen instead (as you naturally would).

Part of the Destiny fanbase is just insufferable when it comes to "why doesn't everyone know every obscure mechanic that is not explained in the game!". Destiny has obscure (not hard) mechanics that are not tutorialized. Stop being annoying to other players because they don't research the game like it's their job.

Dec 6, 2017
Yeah "shoot this small part of the pod that is sending out smoke and throw it to the enemy instead of following the objective" is totally obvious.

Or "kill these two enemies first to increase damage input on the big one despite no indication that works".

Or when the only indication you get is a little message in the left side of the screen when you are focused on the middle of the screen instead (as you naturally would).

Part of the Destiny fanbase is just insufferable when it comes to "why doesn't everyone know every obscure mechanic that is not explained in the game!". Destiny has obscure (not hard) mechanics that are not tutorialized. Stop being annoying to other players because they don't research the game like it's their job.
When did I said you had to go do research? I said the mechanics in game aren't overly difficult to figure out. Maybe work on being more aware of your surroundings?

Status
Not open for further replies.