• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Is it intentional that if you fail the Ascendant Challenge 4-5x that the portal closes it said it was weakened and then it disappeared, is that by design? After I take a break I'll try again tomorrow, how do I get another dumb ass tincture.

Doctor Shatner

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You simply start the encounter immediately. Don't fuck around. Grab the heart and go. Worked fine for us.

Our group has done this for the past 2 months (as well as no tracking emblems, or tether) on PC and haven't guitar'd since; still sucks they haven't been able to push a fix. Just need to actually run Petra's now...

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
So I went to Ada to buy a mod from her, my very first one. Heard the RNG was pretty bad.

qvEry3b.jpg
Radar Booster lol

The Heape

Oct 27, 2017
Is it intentional that if you fail the Ascendant Challenge 4-5x that the portal closes it said it was weakened and then it disappeared, is that by design? After I take a break I'll try again tomorrow, how do I get another dumb ass tincture.
Your tincure runs out after 30min so maybe that happened? If not you usually can just run back to the main area and then back in to re trigger the portal.

Outside of random drops from dreaming city cheats there is a secret vendor that trades them for 25 bayron boughs. You will probably have to Google a guide as I'm on mobile and can't link right.

Oct 25, 2017
Your tincure runs out after 30min so maybe that happened? If not you usually can just run back to the main area and then back in to re trigger the portal.

Outside of random drops from dreaming city cheats there is a secret vendor that trades them for 25 bayron boughs. You will probably have to Google a guide as I'm on mobile and can't link right.
Suck, is there a better spec/jump or way to make the platforming easier for a Titan? This would be a cake walk if I was a hunter.

Totenkinder

Oct 27, 2017
Suck, is there a better spec/jump or way to make the platforming easier for a Titan? This would be a cake walk if I was a hunter.
As someone who's struggled with some of the ascendant jumping puzzles I've found it's better to be patient especially when it comes to the sections with the rotating rocks. Just be patient and wait until you're jumping on to a relatively flat surface instead of trying to just race through

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
So I went to Ada to buy a mod from her, my very first one. Heard the RNG was pretty bad.

qvEry3b.jpg

My last two have been rampage spec's. After that I temporarily retired for a few days.

Honestly the only one I care about from her is rampage spec. The only one I care about from Banshee is counterbalance. Well ok, now that I think about it, target adjuster, backup mag, and well, super mod's are a big one.

I havent done a PVE one yet. Probably should I guess. Hard to choose though between boss, minor, and major.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Our group has done this for the past 2 months (as well as no tracking emblems, or tether) on PC and haven't guitar'd since; still sucks they haven't been able to push a fix. Just need to actually run Petra's now...

It's really unacceptable it hasn't been patched. Luckily it didn't happen in our flawless run.

Also, shame on Bungie for not patching the Riven cheese. So many people will never experience the real encounter. The exploit makes the entire experience so trivial and pointless.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any PC groups willing to take first time Last Wish raiders?

I'm an experienced raider on ps4, all raids up to Leviathan and VoG flawless back in the day. First time raiding on PC and LW.

Won't be ready for another week or so, just putting feelers out.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I finished the weekly Ascendant challenge with my Titan. I didn't find it too bad. I died the first time I tried to a Phalanx pushing me off but after that I slowed down and concentrated on killing as many enemies in front of me as I possibly could and with that strategy I made it to the end. Doing that and getting the Blind Well bounty up to 100% got me an Oracle offering as well as some gear with the Riven's Curse mod already slotted.

I took the Oracle offering and got like 1 or 2 sentences of Lore upon turn in but I have to ask if the armor with the Curse mod has any special significance? Like is there a quest or pursuit tied to getting a full set and is it useful in the raid or something?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I took the Oracle offering and got like 1 or 2 sentences of Lore upon turn in but I have to ask if the armor with the Curse mod has any special significance? Like is there a quest or pursuit tied to getting a full set and is it useful in the raid or something?

There are some triumphs related to it. The "mod" simply lets you do more damage in the dreaming city, while also taking more damage. The raid happens to be in the dreaming city...

There's a mod you can earn by completing the Queen Bounty - it gives you the bonus damage while removing the extra damage you take.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
SMG's really need a damage buff in crucible. As of right now, if you're running a well rolled pulse (or I assume, hand cannon) there's just not enough reason to switch to the smg. Your primary will be almost as good against rushers without switching. i mean like a scout is a slightly different story, but the two main classes of primary are pulse and hand cannon.

It becomes pretty stupid to not run a shotgun. There's no case for anything else.

Wont happen though as Bungie isn't interested in challenging the shotgun/hand cannon meta.

Also, I saw some dude running an emblem that tracked how many times he had the most damage on his crucible team. It was tracking "fight me" medals. Thinking it was cool, I looked in my emblem collections, it's nowhere, not even grayed out. Collections are incomplete?

Edit: Google to the rescue https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ng_emblem_in_my_collections_and_shaxx_is_not/

Last edited:

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I just had a 3v4 countdown match...and I won! The guy I duo with had to leave due to an emergency so its up to me and the other duo against 4 guys. Score was 3 to 5, we managed to tie 5 - 5. The last round we have 2 blade barrage supers against 1 novawarp super and 1 sunbreaker supers.

I snipe 1 guy, my teammate blade barrage the novawarp but the novawarp got revived at some point, the sunbreaker revived the guy I snipe, pop his super and kill 1 of my teammate, I blade barrage the sunbreaker to weaken him and my other teammate finish him off. The second last guy was focusing on my teammate who trying to revive so I caught him off guard, the last guy went to focus on me and I outduel him. That was the most clutch round ever.

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any PC groups willing to take first time Last Wish raiders?

I'm an experienced raider on ps4, all raids up to Leviathan and VoG flawless back in the day. First time raiding on PC and LW.

Won't be ready for another week or so, just putting feelers out.

Try this:

"DestinyEra also has a active private discord with LFG channels for all platforms and a lovely community. We are welcoming and easy going. If you want to join you can DM Ruthless requesting an invite. "

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Especially for Warlocks.

You know what's frustrating? Getting a BA sniper with hip fire grip as the perm that can't be swapped.

Warlock jump is best for platforming. Its like Hunters except instead of having 3 chances to correct your mistake, you have infinite. Just don't slip off the edge and hope that mantling pulls you up :p

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Warlock jump is best for platforming. Its like Hunters except instead of having 3 chances to correct your mistake, you have infinite. Just don't slip off the edge and hope that mantling pulls you up :p

As a Titan main I just can never get used to hitting the jump button twice immediately.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
and Rivensbane, right? :P

I'm assuming you're referring to RNG protection since Rivensbane requires ridiculously rare loot.

Absolutely yes. Doesn't make sense to have a title in which you accomplish all the triumphs and challenges with your friends, but ultimately, you earn the title at different times, because of RNG. Being held back for weeks and months because you're not able to get ONE drop is beyond dumb, especially an item that only comes from one encounter that can only be completed once per week. Everyone I know has had this problem.

Good thing Blacksmith doesn't require any loot though.

speiky

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Shards finally dropped, from Gambit meatball no less. We lost because it was 4 randoms against 4 stack in a typical Bungie fashion, but at least I got the final piece of Hunter exotic.

Now I can switch to Warlock and bitch about Geomags or Phoenix Protocol not dropping.
Hahahaha. We both lamented how we can't get "that" armor piece and now you got your shards to drop and I got my Phoenix protocol from a random yellow bar in the Izanami forge just now. Praise be RNGesus.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming you're referring to RNG protection since Rivensbane requires ridiculously rare loot.

Absolutely yes. Doesn't make sense to have a title in which you accomplish all the triumphs and challenges with your friends, but ultimately, you earn the title at different times, because of RNG. Being held back for weeks and months because you're not able to get ONE drop is beyond dumb, especially an item that only comes from one encounter that can only be completed once per week. Everyone I know has had this problem.

Good thing Blacksmith doesn't require any loot though.

I meant the Riven cheese makes Rivensbane trivial and pointless. :P

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still no Voices - maybe by 2020? This RNG is ridiculous.

Getting Voices is harder than all of the raid Triumphs together.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Working on finishing up my Gambit bounties for the week and while I am enjoying it (seriously, it is a very fun mode) it seems to have some of the same issues as the Crucible with solo que's going up against stacked teams. I'm 15 games in so obviously I still have a lot to learn but thus far most of my games have been losses and there has been a pretty harsh learning curve. Being melted continuously from across the map with Queenbreaker or Bygones or from closer ranger with Thunderlord you start to want your team mates to focus that invader ASAP.

I'm fairly decent at the PVE side of things. I have an Avalanche with Rampage and a bosss spec mod and coupled with Sunbreaker's Melting Point (+50% damage to the enemy that it is on) I was getting like 40% of the Primeval damage done by myself on a couple of rounds despite being a noob. I'll keep grinding it out and climbing that mountain because I am enjoying myself (for the most part) and Breakneck is a pretty decent PVE carrot for doing something I enjoy anyway.

No Ketchup

Nov 29, 2018
Working on finishing up my Gambit bounties for the week and while I am enjoying it (seriously, it is a very fun mode) it seems to have some of the same issues as the Crucible with solo que's going up against stacked teams. I'm 15 games in so obviously I still have a lot to learn but thus far most of my games have been losses and there has been a pretty harsh learning curve. Being melted continuously from across the map with Queenbreaker or Bygones or from closer ranger with Thunderlord you start to want your team mates to focus that invader ASAP.

I'm fairly decent at the PVE side of things. I have an Avalanche with Rampage and a bosss spec mod and coupled with Sunbreaker's Melting Point (+50% damage to the enemy that it is on) I was getting like 40% of the Primeval damage done by myself on a couple of rounds despite being a noob. I'll keep grinding it out and climbing that mountain because I am enjoying myself (for the most part) and Breakneck is a pretty decent PVE carrot for doing something I enjoy anyway.

Queuing solo is always a crap shoot.

Re: being melted by an invader. I do believe power level matters in Gambit. Not discounting how good those weapons are but if you are under leveled you are going to get got pretty quickly.

You may already know this but on the PVE side of things, when the Primeval spawns you want to take out the envoys first. They buff your damage against the primeval.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
So it might be worth mentioning that while Niobe Labs and what it entails starts tomorrow, there has been datamined quest steps that involve completing one of Ada's "rare bounties".

I've had good luck turning in all of Ada's daily bounties all at once, but RNG is RNG so just keep trying and hope you get one.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Queuing solo is always a crap shoot.

Re: being melted by an invader. I do believe power level matters in Gambit. Not discounting how good those weapons are but if you are under leveled you are going to get got pretty quickly.

You may already know this but on the PVE side of things, when the Primeval spawns you want to take out the envoys first. They buff your damage against the primeval.

I watched Datto's video on "How to" Gambit so I have a pretty good idea of the flow and what to do when but the human invaders add an element of chaos to an already hectic environment. It's part of why it is so much fun but it's also why I need to learn to handle that part of the game better.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Having gotten a couple more Catalysts lately made me break a few guns out of the vault that I haven't used much (or any) up until now. The first is Crimson which I guess is supposed to be the spiritual successor to Red Death from Destiny 1 except for some reason Red Death felt better to actually use. I can see the value in being able to essentially shoot cannon fodder for days while never having to reload or duck for health regen but beyond that it feels a little underwhelming. Is it something I should spend time on to actually complete the Catalyst? (which is + Range).

The second is Fighting Lion. I admit, I have not heard good things from most sources about Fighting Lion so I never really gave it a chance. What I didn't realize is that it uses Primary Ammo (did it always?) and slots into the energy weapon slot. And since kills with Fighting Lion always drop Primary Ammo it essentially means you can grenade launcher for days which, while not always the most efficient way to kill, is silly fun.

After having used it this morning on one of those "Enemy is Moving Against Each Other" events outside the church on the EDZ to essentially clear all of those enemies without ever running out of ammo (and creating tons of orbs in the process due to the Masterwork) I can safely say it is a gun I will most likely keep in my inventory from now on. It helps that it is quick and snappy to use making it somewhat gleeful in the way that it goes about its business. I will completely the Catalyst on this one if for no other reason than I like the weapon and it is fun to use.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
since kills with Fighting Lion always drop Primary Ammo it essentially means you can grenade launcher for days which, while not always the most efficient way to kill, is silly fun.

It's pretty efficient, actually, since you can 1-bang so many bad guys (at once). My load out for forge is Dust Rock Blues, Fighting Lion, and Hammerhead. Only need the shotgun for the tougher bad guys once FL has stripped them of their shields.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
So it might be worth mentioning that while Niobe Labs and what it entails starts tomorrow, there has been datamined quest steps that involve completing one of Ada's "rare bounties".

I've had good luck turning in all of Ada's daily bounties all at once, but RNG is RNG so just keep trying and hope you get one.

I've only got 2 rare bounties this entire time. And I've done the bounties on 2 chars each week.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I imagine there will be quite a shitstorm on r/DTG and here when it is discovered that you can't even complete a quest without getting an RNG drop yet again.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
It's pretty efficient, actually, since you can 1-bang so many bad guys (at once). My load out for forge is Dust Rock Blues, Fighting Lion, and Hammerhead. Only need the shotgun for the tougher bad guys once FL has stripped them of their shields.
Good to know and something to tuck away in my memory for future reference since I haven't started Forge content yet. I do have a good roll on a Dust Rock Blues so that's even better.

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
I've been playing on my alt characters almost all week and didn't bother completing the rare BA bounty on my Titan. I'm glad I saw the post about the datamine here. Fuck RNG quests.

Status
Not open for further replies.