• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It's the blast furnace meta now.

The hypocrite never nerf Destiny community are about to whine a whole lot for a nerf...watch...

Can't have anything but a hand cannon be good.

There are almost no examples of anything being almost as good as hand cannon but two "recent" ones are instructive:

Clever Dragon, wide calls for nerf although hand cannons were still better. (the fact this was 2 years ago speaks volumes about how infrequently hand cannons are challenged)

Mida in early D2, constant calls for nerf.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Good games and feliz navidad.

Weapons are fine to me. Just needs better maps. I've been tired of these maps long ago. No need weapons or anything will change that.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Random question, I could have sworn Destiny 2 was a PS+ game or free at some point... but now I can't find it anywhere in the store or in my library.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
The hypocrite never nerf Destiny community are about to whine a whole lot for a nerf...watch...

Can't have anything but a hand cannon be good.

There are almost no examples of anything being almost as good as hand cannon but two "recent" ones are instructive:

Clever Dragon, wide calls for nerf although hand cannons were still better. (the fact this was 2 years ago speaks volumes about how infrequently hand cannons are challenged)

Mida in early D2, constant calls for nerf.

The only person I've seen in this thread obsessed and whining about HC vs Pulse meta is you. No ones calling for Pulse nerf, but carry on with this crusade against imaginary hypocrites.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Killing a primevil gives you I dunno, 12 or 15 radiant seeds or whatever. A lot. So if you have a frame, worth working on something in gambit sometimes instead of farming leviathan. Winning even one round should get you 20 seeds, and it's a lot less boring. I assume a strike boss would do the same.

Got a Zen Moment/steady rounds/stability MW BF (headseeker other perk unfortunately). Worth noting as the most stability possible on BF. but it only dropped with medium and long scopes, effectively rendering it useless.

For leveling, the Black armory drops are really high. Seemingly +8. I was hurting myself not concentrating on those. By finishing those for this week , I quickly advanced several more points to 631 now.

BF is so good it changes tactics. It's pretty effective within reason gunning down shotgun rushers, and it also is good enough pumping out massive dps to put roaming supers in a new level of danger.

Maybe last word+blast furnace will be the end of shotgun domination...I can dream...

Now with 48 meters effective range minimum, pulse users no longer have to thread that needle of maybe having ~5 yards more real range (given the super damage rounds Ace and Luna put out) than hand cannons with a bygones or Inaugural address. finally a real advantage!

of course it makes scouts even more dead, but whatever. now bungie must give scouts a big buff because remember, never ending buffs is the path to true balance (RIP hand cannons).

also, why the hell are nova warp and gwisin vest still things? broken. every match you probably gotta deal with those stupid annoyances several times...and honestly after that they can probably take a look at galanor, i dont care if i am a galanor main and hunter4lyfe.

Last edited:

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Np (Atlas here). I appreciate you guys hanging in for so many matches in a row helping me get mine. Both the Breakneck and Malfeasance are absolutely godly weapons, the grind is totally worth it for both of them. Breakneck just retired every auto rifle in the game. I'm going to be around for gambit a bunch this season going for my 3 resets.
Hit me up whenever you see me online and I'll join you for the grind.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
This is probably the first time in D2 that I have been impressed by warlock armor that doesn't look all 'robey' and 'flowy', and actually feels like a bad-ass.

DvP9zuEUcAA3la7.jpg:large

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
is the first forge supposed to be difficult? Because im getting grouped with 625s and we can't seem to beat level 2.

First forge is harder than other two because of all the bullshit ways you can die quickly in it. There's also very few safe spots for you to hide and regain your health back. Best option is to stick together instead of spreading out and quickly take down enemies that can melt you fast (turrets, colossus, legionary)

McArkus

Oct 25, 2017
MX
This is probably the first time in D2 that I have been impressed by warlock armor that doesn't look all 'robey' and 'flowy', and actually feels like a bad-ass.

Yeah, it reminds me of the Rise of Iron IB Warlock armor Ornament, very nice. That also makes me wish for closed warlock robes, like the one from the concept art from WotM raid.

rise-of-iron-armor-weapons.png

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Killing a primevil gives you I dunno, 12 or 15 radiant seeds or whatever. A lot. So if you have a frame, worth working on something in gambit sometimes instead of farming leviathan. Winning even one round should get you 20 seeds, and it's a lot less boring. I assume a strike boss would do the same.

just run through the upper Mars lost sector, boss there drops 10 seeds. 2 runs take less than 5 minutes

Nov 14, 2017
Allow me to top all of your bad RNG stories.

So I discovered today (of course, 1 day before reset) that I had the offering glitch, and could go into the throne world as many times as I wanted. I spent 5 hours going into the throne world then back to the DC spawn point. I opened over 100 chests in there. Do you think I got the emblem? The ship? Even an enhanced hand cannon targeting helmet? HAH!

Either the emblem & ship somehow aren't in the loot table for the offering chests, or the RNG for them is brutal.
I think the ship only drops from Shattered Throne encounters. As for enhanced hand cannon targeting helmets, I've had one drop for my Titan from LW and I'm never deleting it😸

Hopefully you at least got a decent retold tale? That glitch is pretty much the only way to farm for a good roll on that shotty.

I just wasn't sure how Raid loot worked, I'm new to the game and wanted to try a raid to help get gear to raise my light level. I'm coming from FFXIV where when a new raid opens the previous one has no lockouts to help people catch up and wasn't sure how it worked in this game.
No, it doesn't. If the loot system in this game was more like a traditional MMO, that would solve a lot of problems. Unfortunately there's not enough content to do that, so instead they make it grindy RNG instead.

The way it works in this game is that the drops from the old raid are still powerful as long as it's in the same year. So, all the Leviathan raids are still capped at 380 because that's Y1 stuff. Last Wish will drop gear that's powerful up to 650. So, effectively the old raid still acts as a source of powerful gear so it's worth running for that if you still need it. In FFXIV the drops for a particular activity are a set ilvl, whereas in Destiny the power level (basically same as ilvl) scales up with you. So, if they got rid of the lockout you'd actually be able to farm the old raid up to max power in one week.
This has literally never ever happenned in destiny. Like. Literally never. There is no possible scenario where you could play for 300 hours and not get what someone else got in 45 mins. Even if it did, so what. 300 hrs isnt much.

I dont disagree with more quests or whatever but ive never really gotten rng complainers. Its really never affected me in the game

I was never forever 29. I got fatebringrer and gjallahorn and just everything that mattered. I dont really believe people who say they plAyed a million hours and never got x y or z. Its not really possible given random numbers.
I got into Destiny during TDB, and started raiding with someone who had been playing since launch. They saw me get my Gjally from VoG HM on either my third or fourth clear , and apparently I was the fifth person they'd helped and seen get it despite them clearing all the content from second week at latest after launch (VoG/Crota/the HMs). They didn't get their Gjally to drop until like, a week or two before TTK came out and Xur sold it again / it got nerfed.

On VoG HM, I used to get Vex pretty much every other run. Seriously, in my first 10 HM runs I got 5 Vex Mythoclast. I used to clip videos of me sharding it to send to friends who couldn't get it because I was (ok, am) a massive knob. I didn't get Fatebringer until well into HoW though.I also know people who couldn't get Crux to drop despite clearing Crota HM about as many or more times than me, but that still took me 25 runs. They only got to use Nechrochasm when it came back during D1Y3.

So yea, the RNG in Destiny is brutal. I said just above that Destiny would be better if it had a more traditional MMO loot system. In FF XIV, you get random drops from the raid fights but you also get tokens. After you've done an encounter a certain number of times, you can spend the tokens to get the drop you need. If they just made it so that you had to do Last Wish 50 times and then you can buy one thing you need, that would be a massive improvement. I don't mind having to do the activities and grind it out, but the lack of certainty is a problem.

Oct 27, 2017
Why do we have to go back to Ada every time we ready a frame to be forged? Do Bungie play their own game? Do they not understand how utterly pointless this step in the process is and what a huge waste of time loading back into the city and then running to ada is? Play your game, Bungie. If you do, it will become painfully obvious where the mistakes are being made, and maybe they you'll correct them. The sheer amount of grinding required to use the forges is unbearable as it is, but for god sake streamline the rest of the process.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Oh hell yes, got a Feeding Frenzy Rampage just in time for reset.

Also got Outlaw + Kill Clip and Zen Moment + Rampage (apparently FAMOUS YOUTUBER Aztecross likes this roll for PVP)

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
So, I have a question regarding the whole Wish Ender quest:

I just managed to get through the Shattered Throne questline which is only available when the Dreaming City is at its highest curse level. I just read that after doing the next quest at the Tangled Shore that I'll have to do the Shattered Throne quest again. Will this quest be available forever or do I have to do this specific Shattered Throne quest every time the curse level is at its peak?

(Basically, I wanna finish that Wish Ender quest outside of the most cursed week)

StevePharma

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
RNGsus gave me a Gambit ship today and with that also a Dredgen title.

Thank you RNGsus. You are legit.

So, I have a question regarding the whole Wish Ender quest:

I just managed to get through the Shattered Throne questline which is only available when the Dreaming City is at its highest curse level. I just read that after doing the next quest at the Tangled Shore that I'll have to do the Shattered Throne quest again. Will this quest be available forever or do I have to do this specific Shattered Throne quest every time the curse level is at its peak?

(Basically, I wanna finish that Wish Ender quest outside of the most cursed week)

You can only do it on max curse week.

You got 2 hours! ;)

demi

Oct 27, 2017
You have to wait three weeks after reset again. If you have the time, I would try and finish it now. You only have to get up to the Ogre, not finish the dungeon

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I finally done the In Pursuit of Honor GL quest step.....now I need to reach fabled which is easier said than done. Season 5 has been even more sweatier than Season 4.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Why do we have to go back to Ada every time we ready a frame to be forged? Do Bungie play their own game? Do they not understand how utterly pointless this step in the process is and what a huge waste of time loading back into the city and then running to ada is? Play your game, Bungie. If you do, it will become painfully obvious where the mistakes are being made, and maybe they you'll correct them. The sheer amount of grinding required to use the forges is unbearable as it is, but for god sake streamline the rest of the process.

yeah, i was wondering about this too...it just does not make sense at all, it is just there to add "playtime" to the players count...there are so many things in Black Armory which are just baffling.

Another thing is that you have to fly into the planet where the forge is to start matchmaking, what is this for a moronic decision? then, you complete the forge and barely have time to cancel from restarting the forge again, you can´t even look at the drops you got without going into the queue again...

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, i was wondering about this too...it just does not make sense at all, it is just there to add "playtime" to the players count...there are so many things in Black Armory which are just baffling.

Another thing is that you have to fly into the planet where the forge is to start matchmaking, what is this for a moronic decision? then, you complete the forge and barely have time to cancel from restarting the forge again, you can´t even look at the drops you got without going into the queue again...
The nearly immediate restart is what leads to joining a forge and have 1-2 people quit immediately. Again, I often wonder if Bungie even plays Destiny.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
The nearly immediate restart is what leads to joining a forge and have 1-2 people quit immediately. Again, I often wonder if Bungie even plays Destiny.
It became more apparent when playing the Forge with a Friend.
We would group up for the Forge but then get forced our separate ways because we were doing different weapon frames at the same time, we decided that it would be best if we split up when it came time for the multikills then we would rejoin again when we both had a to go back to the Forge.

it's a dumb design a really dumb design

Dec 2, 2017
I think the ship only drops from Shattered Throne encounters. As for enhanced hand cannon targeting helmets, I've had one drop for my Titan from LW and I'm never deleting it😸

Hopefully you at least got a decent retold tale? That glitch is pretty much the only way to farm for a good roll on that shotty.

I know nothing of this shotty you speak of. I did get a sniper by that name though:

49007470_101561219586l2i3b.jpg

The crazy thing is this isn't even a rangefinder or slideshot roll, it could shoot even further. I was running around like a jerk with it + Nezarec's Sin + Nova Warp in the Era train last night. (It was the only way I could keep up, they murder everybody). No idea if the targeting adjuster even does anything, or if I should have gone Icarus mod instead.

StevePharma

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
you probably got that ship by killing the Meatball a 2nd or 3rd time

That is how it used to work before they patched it. Now they are random drops. Was my 7th meatball kill before I got the ship. Three previous balls gave nothing.

RNG for seals and triumphs needs to be tweaked, as has been stated numerous times by the community. Or just leave RNG drops out of the requirements.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

No, it doesn't. If the loot system in this game was more like a traditional MMO, that would solve a lot of problems. Unfortunately there's not enough content to do that, so instead they make it grindy RNG instead.

The way it works in this game is that the drops from the old raid are still powerful as long as it's in the same year. So, all the Leviathan raids are still capped at 380 because that's Y1 stuff. Last Wish will drop gear that's powerful up to 650. So, effectively the old raid still acts as a source of powerful gear so it's worth running for that if you still need it. In FFXIV the drops for a particular activity are a set ilvl, whereas in Destiny the power level (basically same as ilvl) scales up with you. So, if they got rid of the lockout you'd actually be able to farm the old raid up to max power in one week.

I got into Destiny during TDB, and started raiding with someone who had been playing since launch. They saw me get my Gjally from VoG HM on either my third or fourth clear , and apparently I was the fifth person they'd helped and seen get it despite them clearing all the content from second week at latest after launch (VoG/Crota/the HMs). They didn't get their Gjally to drop until like, a week or two before TTK came out and Xur sold it again / it got nerfed.

On VoG HM, I used to get Vex pretty much every other run. Seriously, in my first 10 HM runs I got 5 Vex Mythoclast. I used to clip videos of me sharding it to send to friends who couldn't get it because I was (ok, am) a massive knob. I didn't get Fatebringer until well into HoW though.I also know people who couldn't get Crux to drop despite clearing Crota HM about as many or more times than me, but that still took me 25 runs. They only got to use Nechrochasm when it came back during D1Y3.

So yea, the RNG in Destiny is brutal. I said just above that Destiny would be better if it had a more traditional MMO loot system. In FF XIV, you get random drops from the raid fights but you also get tokens. After you've done an encounter a certain number of times, you can spend the tokens to get the drop you need. If they just made it so that you had to do Last Wish 50 times and then you can buy one thing you need, that would be a massive improvement. I don't mind having to do the activities and grind it out, but the lack of certainty is a problem.

See thats the thing, everything dropped in D1. I got multiple crux's. When I didn't even have the gun!

People in raids would say wild stories about not getting drops, really at the end of the day I just dont believe it. People lie or exaggerate. One guy SWORE he only got ascendant energy never any ascendant shards, or vice versa I don't remember. That's not possible. He was lying.

The worst RNG I have had a lately was on escalation protocol. Using the emblem I was able to track completions, and I had TWENTY FIVE before my first Ikelos gun dropped. But the 2nd dropped like a run later.

After Forsaken I participated once and it was so easy since you can restart on level 6 without glitching. Also drop rates were buffed hugely, most people in the party were getting 4 or 5 ikelos weapons in a few runs, with many dupes. It's so easy now.

So long story short those guns aren't hard to get either. Even under the demanding old system, let alone the pathetic new one. I have them all of course.

Also didn't Destiny put in tokens? And everybody hated them.

I imagine they want a mix of quests and RNG. As do I. People bitch about grindy quests just as much as anything else. As do I. Plus I'm guessing you NEED that RNG carrot to keep people playing in game design terms.

I guess if EVERYTHING was lengthy quests, I'd just prioritize the good stuff and ignore the mediocre exotics. Shrug.

Plus let me think back to my greatest loot joy moments in Destiny. RNG. When I got the boots from VOG to go from 29 to 30 for example...

What are you talking about theres way too much content in this game. Usually there is way too much to get done and bungie keeps dropping more to do every week. Iron Banner this week for example.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017
The worst RNG I have had a lately was on escalation protocol. Using the emblem I was able to track completions, and I had TWENTY FIVE before my first Ikelos gun dropped. But the 2nd dropped like a run later.

After Forsaken I participated once and it was so easy since you can restart on level 6 without glitching. Also drop rates were buffed hugely, most people in the party were getting 4 or 5 ikelos weapons in a few runs, with many dupes. It's so easy now.
My experience was I started shotgun week in September, got like 4-5 of them in the first 12 or so runs. Then it took me until 40+ clears before I had just one of each of the other two. So they might have pulled back on the rng again because other people I've run it with haven't had much luck either. Heck, that tracker emblem you mentioned? I don't even have it yet!

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
RNG was kind today

Blast furnace
Le Monarque
Baligant

Say what you want about Black Armoury, but damn its nice to get some new guns

Bungie is exemplary at the shooter part of the Looter-Shooter, but the looter part needs a considerable amount of work.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I was forced to try lemonarque cus it was my highest void special for the different elements kills forge bounty. It just drove home that I hate bows.

Nov 14, 2017
My experience was I started shotgun week in September, got like 4-5 of them in the first 12 or so runs. Then it took me until 40+ clears before I had just one of each of the other two. So they might have pulled back on the rng again because other people I've run it with haven't had much luck either. Heck, that tracker emblem you mentioned? I don't even have it yet!
I think RNG is RNG. I got the shotty and the sniper in my first 12 runs, and the SMG after another dozen runs. I heard of other people who did 50 runs without a single weapon.

Like, I'm fine with the grind, it's just not knowing when things will come that is a massive downer.
Also didn't Destiny put in tokens? And everybody hated them.
It's like the rerolls they put in HoW; they just did it wrong. In other games, you get tokens slowly and eventually have enough to buy one of the things you need from the loot pool. That way the tokens form a catch up mechanic or RNG protection, cos eventually you can just buy the one thing you're missing. In D2 the token system was like, here's a load of tokens to get extra pulls at the slot machine. Just like rerolls in HoW.If retooling was like, 10 times more expensive than it was, it'd be fine. If you had to sacrifice 100 legendaries to get one reroll, that'd be OK. That would at least mitigate the double RNG of getting the drop you want, and then having it be good.

StevePharma

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Just got one of Ada's "special bounties" after clearing my 2nd forge after reset. Completed the bounty (make kills by only using BA weapons) and I had to 'claim' the bounty by holding X instead of tapping it like with regular bounties. Any reason to this? Apparently there is also a triumph for completing 6 of these.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Just got one of Ada's "special bounties" after clearing my 2nd forge after reset. Completed the bounty (make kills by only using BA weapons) and I had to 'claim' the bounty by holding X instead of tapping it like with regular bounties. Any reason to this? Apparently there is also a triumph for completing 6 of these.

The hold X/A thing is just a weird bug I assume, similar to the shader issue. I thought you only get the bounties from turning in dailies (thats how I got 4 of mine) - but if it also has a chance to drop from frames, thats interesting too.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
It's like the rerolls they put in HoW; they just did it wrong. In other games, you get tokens slowly and eventually have enough to buy one of the things you need from the loot pool. That way the tokens form a catch up mechanic or RNG protection, cos eventually you can just buy the one thing you're missing. In D2 the token system was like, here's a load of tokens to get extra pulls at the slot machine. Just like rerolls in HoW.If retooling was like, 10 times more expensive than it was, it'd be fine. If you had to sacrifice 100 legendaries to get one reroll, that'd be OK. That would at least mitigate the double RNG of getting the drop you want, and then having it be good.
The weird thing is they already implemented this for Leviathan more or less. Benedict sells raid stuff for tokens you earn by playing the raid. Not sure why they don't have a vendor like that for all the raids.

Status
Not open for further replies.