• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
There aren't solo PVE bounties every day, like today. There's just Crucible, Gambit, and team bounties. Yesterday there was one solo bounty, but I couldn't take it as I didn't have time to complete it until tonight after the reset. Last week I just barely managed to reach 5000 XP with five of those bounties, and this week I have less time to play. That's why that one bounty was crucial for reaching the weekly XP target. The game still doesn't do any favors for solo players.

EDIT: I miss the old way, when you could collect daily bounties, and complete them when it suited you. Now you have to play according to the game's schedule.

Why dont you just go in crucible solo?

Conflating PVE and solo is wrong (I say this as one who always wants Destiny to be more solo friendly).

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
You do realize, that some people are more busy than others, and don't have time to play every day. In my case, wednesdays and weekends from friday to sunday are when I usually don't have time to play, at all. LOL, indeed. Good for you, that you have so much free time in your hands, unlike most adult gamers.
Dude, it's 5 bounties for one milestone. It's not the end of the world.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I took a few shots when you get that first one in the campaign, said, "Huh, neat." and proceeded to never use one again.

Yeah, I actively dreaded using them, or being forced to use them, in Forsaken. Just did not ever want to mess with them. Just ignored them. Because you know the way of videogames is "force the new shit we built on people whether they damn well like it or not!". Luckily in the case of Destiny+bows they made them mostly ignorable.

They're like swords, just fucking annoying.

Pretty much you do one edz public event and get the drops, then the next step is waiting for step two. Big let down.

Good, I dont want to mess with it, especially on reset day.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
So, the mastwerwork cores, you only get ONE from each spider bounty (havent done one yet, but I'm assuming) ? and those bounties are WEEKLY? AND it's kinda a pain wrangling up those ghost fragments or whatever too boot? I mean it's barely worth the time investment!

I mean, 6 bounties at major time investment, nets you 2-3 more infusions per week at 2-3 cores per infusion? Yikes.

I mean you do get scrapper bounties. Those will probably actually be the bigger random source.

Still, it's much fewer additional cores than I thought we would be getting...

I'm glad Bungie didn't go overboard the other direction like they have a history of doing, but OTOH the core supply still seems maybe too tight...but better than nothing I suppose.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
well, shit.

the taken sparrow requires 40 eggs all done on one character. well fuck me then, cause it didnt pop when i did mine.

Oct 25, 2017
So much for exotics being weighted towards ones you haven't got.

1st exotic in ages drops and it's bloody aon souls.

Just give me a forsaken drop that isn't black talon.

They did mention armor had a chance of still dropping dupes due to the random perks

When receiving duplicate Exotics, the player is more likely to earn armor pieces as these have randomly rolled perks

:trollface

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
"So much free time"¯

"Because my life is this way, that has to be how it's with everyone else as well."

Keep on defending the game, guardian.

Why dont you just go in crucible solo?

Conflating PVE and solo is wrong (I say this as one who always wants Destiny to be more solo friendly).

Solo "offline" Crucible is an option?

PVP is just not my idea of fun, and actually very few of our clan play Crucible either. I might be able to do the PVE team bounties with them, if they weren't bartenders who mostly start playing when I'm already going to bed.

Dec 2, 2017
I took a few shots when you get that first one in the campaign, said, "Huh, neat." and proceeded to never use one again.
Basically this. I ran with one in PvE for a while, but decided it wasn't better than a well rolled scout rifle. In PvP they just seemed like a bad idea, anybody smart will just bail if you get the first shot in, and it's unlikely you're outduelling anyone. They're fun, but kind of impractical for me.

Totenkinder

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got Lord of Wolves to drop and I've been having a blast with it tonight in PvP. I'm sure there are much better shotties out there but it's fun to use and the gun looks incredible with the flames coming out of the end of the barrel : )

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
So I got a prime engram, i'm almost 597...so it was my first legit 600 drop (horror story being my only 600). I'm thinking cool, it'll be my 2nd 600 slot. Unless it drops in kinetic, what are the odds of that, 1 in 8 not likely lol, I thought.

It fucking dropped a 600 go figure in the kinetic slot (same slot as horror story). No second 600 slot, no power increase.

It was a little thing but damn it set me off. hadn't been that mad at the game in a while.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
well, shit.

the taken sparrow requires 40 eggs all done on one character. well fuck me then, cause it didnt pop when i did mine.
That would be ridiculous. I hope it's not all on one char :(. Why do that when it counts account wide when you take out eggs on any char?!.

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars
Lord knows I've tried Fighting Lion, even got it masterworked.

But the grenades just miss and bounce every which way. The pay off for when works is nice but too few and far between.

Forget it in comp

I haven't updated this for Forsaken, but all this info is still true.

Fighting Lion got buffed to 144 splash + 22 direct hit damage.

The Catalyst gives Chimera, which gives the equivalent of Quickdraw + Snapshot + Opening Shot for THREE SECONDS. It's crazy.

Anyone actually still using bows? They don't seem very popular.

I use them with Luna's. And all the time on Strikes. Even on a Nightfall with Match game, they're strong and fun!

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
You do realize, that some people are more busy than others, and don't have time to play every day. In my case, wednesdays and weekends from friday to sunday are when I usually don't have time to play, at all. LOL, indeed. Good for you, that you have so much free time in your hands, unlike most adult gamers.
#NotForYou

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars
unknown.png

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

image0.png

Last edited:

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I don't think there are many people who can't play for 10 minutes a day to finish one bounty

That's a bit hard to do when you're not at home. It's beyond me why people feel they need to defend the game for its 24-hour limit on bounties, that didn't exist in the first, and lack of daily solo PVE clan bounties.

The real issue is that it takes longer than 10 minutes to log in, fly to the tower, grab the bounty, then load up an activity.

Shh! You're distrupting the narrative by pointing out its fallacy.

EDIT: On top of that, you'd have to hope there's a particular bounty available tbat day, that you can do solo on the PVE side. If it's not there you need a clan member to complete a team PVE bounty with you, who quite likely won't have the opportunity to play at a moment's notice.

Last edited:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Man this masterwork core thing is a disaster. Almost no cores for reward and pretty time consuming to get them, between sussing out all these lost sectors I never go to, etc etc. Didn't know some of the wanted are RNG high value targets too.

Yikes.

Needs to probably be at least 3 cores per bounty...

Plus I had been buying two cores a day from spider, on the 4 days i play. But, for some reason my legendary shards are getting lower and lower too, so I probably need to start only buying one on all 7 days. But if say I just bought 1 instead of 2 on the 4 days, my total cores would practically the same as before with the bounties.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Just finished a raid where a clan mate got four Forsaken Hunter exotics he didn't have throughout all the encounters.

This some BULL.

Played 7 Gambit games and didn't get the Eye boss to spawn. So much for better spawn rates.

It's spawn rate is higher, but full curse week is still the best chance you have of seeing it.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Alright...after reset 598.7, all reset powerful gear done except clan Xp (tmrw) big Gambit bounty (tomorrow). And whatever the daily is. So 3 more. Plus maybe raid. Plus any primes, but I just got one so it might be a while.

3/8 slots 600 now, kinetic, heavy, and arms. Could be more but have 2X 600 kinetic and 3x 600 arms. Naturally bungo keeps dropping shit in the same slot.

Also while looting a lost sector I ran across like a super chest, not a boss chest just like a normal chest AFAIK, gave me 4 loot. One was completing Amanadas step, but it also gave me I think two legendary including a 600 one which means it's powerful gear, and also a masterworked "hakugare" sword. Pretty weird, wonder if it's a static chest?

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
That's a bit hard to do when you're not at home. It's beyond me why people feel they need to defend the game for its 24-hour limit on bounties, that didn't exist in the first, and lack of daily solo PVE clan bounties.

Shh! You're distrupting the narrative by pointing out its fallacy.

EDIT: On top of that, you'd have to hope there's a particular bounty available tbat day, that you can do solo on the PVE side. If it's not there you need a clan member to complete a team PVE bounty with you, who quite likely won't have the opportunity to play at a moment's notice.
Your attitude probably has something to do with it with rhetoric like some people have LIVES you know, good for YOU for being able to play, us ADULT GAMERS don't have all this time to do bounties, and so on.

Perhaps being an adult gamer with a life should make it evident that missing out on some things in Destiny 2 isn't a big deal, I dunno.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Your attitude probably has something to do with it with rhetoric like some people have LIVES you know, good for YOU for being able to play, us ADULT GAMERS don't have all this time to do bounties, and so on.

Perhaps being an adult gamer with a life should make it evident that missing out on some things in Destiny 2 isn't a big deal, I dunno.

My attitude came solely from the condescending tone of the poster I replied to. If you can't handle even minor complaints about a game, it's natural to interpret that as immaturity. It's not a big deal, if everyone doesn't appreciate the game as much as you might. You don't have to defend its honour.

It continues to be overlooked, that Hawthorne offers only a single solo PVE bounty, and it doesn't appear every day. Since they're only available for 24 hours, it's pretty hard to gather five of them during a week, when you don't have access to the game on at least three days.
EDIT: It's a minor but valid complaint, and I don't see why anyone should be against changing it, so others might be able to enjoy the game more. Especially, when it was handled better in the first.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
My attitude came solely from the condescending tone of the poster I replied to. If you can't handle even minor complaints about a game, it's natural to interpret that as immaturity. It's not a big deal, if everyone doesn't appreciate the game as much as you might. You don't have to defend its honour.

It continues to be overlooked, that Hawthorne offers only a single solo PVE bounty, and it doesn't appear every day. Since they're only available for 24 hours, it's pretty hard to gather five of them during a week, when you don't have access to the game on at least three days.
EDIT: It's a minor but valid complaint, and I don't see why anyone should be against changing it, so others might be able to enjoy the game more. Especially, when it was handled better in the first.
No one was against it that I could see, even the poster that originally responded to you, Trakan, agreed that the 24 hour limit is unnecessary -- but it's also true that the requirement isn't very severe, nor is it unreasonable for a clan engram to not be as solo oriented. It's been a while since I've gotten a Hawthorne engram for the same reason, but her engrams tend to not be worthwhile and I get more out of the prime engrams I find in regular play.

Not that I'd defend a Bungie decision, they're usually in their own bubble and barely care about their players until they need to.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
After playing gambit all night, the big take away is.....its garbage..... Thirty need to shut it down trials style and rework it hard. 3 hunters and a titan, instant win, 1k voices, instant win. If you play solo or doubles you are shit out of luck.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
No one was against it that I could see, even the poster that originally responded to you, Trakan, agreed that the 24 hour limit is unnecessary -- but it's also true that the requirement isn't very severe, nor is it unreasonable for a clan engram to not be as solo oriented. It's been a while since I've gotten a Hawthorne engram for the same reason, but her engrams tend to not be worthwhile and I get more out of the prime engrams I find in regular play.

Not that I'd defend a Bungie decision, they're usually in their own bubble and barely care about their players until they need to.

True. Her offerings aren't that good, but they help me to increase my light level (currently at 572), and give me an opportunity to get Crucible gear I wouldn't get otherwise. I also want to do my part in helping the clan to reach the next level, instead of being a freeloader, since I don't have the chance to play with them that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.