• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And what of the issues brought up in the link I posted? Fake news? What about all the thousands of people who upvoted, commented, and gilded the post? Trolls as well?

Like it or not, this thread is aimed at people who are looking to return, and I view it only fair to inform them of all the facts, not just the sunshine and roses... even if I do catch hate for it.
You catch what you do because you only shit post destiny threads. You don't give anything constructive but you sure want to bash the game with no clue of what your talking about.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Geez, they are really doing a great job of getting people back into this game before Shadowkeep.

People who only bought vanilla D2 and then Forsaken, without the passes, are looking pretty good right now.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
You catch what you do because you only shit post destiny threads. You don't give anything constructive but you sure want to bash the game with no clue of what your talking about.
You're still not acknowledging anything from the link I posted, you're only using personal attacks.

The people on that subreddit do know what they're talking about, and they've concluded that there's some issues with recycled content in Shadowkeep.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
What's Battle.net's refund policy? I just bought this a few days ago on Battle.net for $39.99, and if $24.99 is indeed the new price as Strakt suggests I might as well buy it on Steam for $24.99 on October 1st.
According to their twitter, check the retailer you bought it from. People posting there are saying that Blizzard is honoring refunds.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Thanks for that.

What do I need to spend if I just have forsaken and want to be up to date with the new dlc? And does it work across all 3 platforms for one price?

According to the tweet, if you own Forsaken, all remaining Year 2 content (Black Armory, Season of the Drifter and Season of Opulence) will be free as of September 17th.

On September 17th, all Year 1 content will be FREE. For those who already have Forsaken but none of the Year 2 DLC, all of that too, will be free on September 17th.

This promo is good for those who only played Year 1's content or haven't played at all.

If you have Forsaken and this year's annual pass, all you need going forward is Shadowkeep (and the Year 3 annual pass if you want) by October 1st.

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
According to the tweet, if you own Forsaken, all remaining Year 2 content (Black Armory, Season of the Drifter and Season of Opulence) will be free as of September 17th.

On September 17th, all Year 1 content will be FREE. For those who already have Forsaken but none of the Year 2 DLC, all of that too, will be free on September 17th.

This promo is good for those who only played Year 1's content or haven't played at all.

or for players transferring over to PC

BozoHarry

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland.
The annual pass is ÂŁ11.99 on PSN but still ÂŁ29.99 on Xbox, hopefully the Xbox one is also reduced in price, as I already own Forsaken, so don't really want to have to buy the 'Complete Collection'

Oct 29, 2017
I'm going to wait and see with D3. Maybe they'll course correct by then and the game will be a must-have for loot shooter fans next gen, who knows.

"I like the game so I have to make every single thread for it and persuade others"

C'mon son, same thing.

No they are not, one is actually helpful

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
That's a fantastic price for people who don't already have Forsaken.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
i have everything on xbox and only the free base game on pc, would this be a cheap way to bring pc up to date?

i'm guessing no because you cant buy any destiny stuff on pc right now?

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I played Vanilla Destiny 2 on release, enjoyed it but got swept away with other things.

I was intending to play more again when it's free. Is this worth grabbing on Xbox for ÂŁ20? How much (time?) content is it?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Woah. This is for real? Why can't Bungie make any new content for this? Lol.

I'd rather play Borderlands 3 with actual new stuff for a loot game.

do you know how many games (that are always unreleased) people claim is going to kill destiny or they're going to drop destiny for? It's been happening for 5 years. I remember when people said they're going to drop destiny for master chief collection how long ago was that? BL3 is just the latest, and of course being unreleased, people can project that it's perfect. Once it come out, spoilers, it wont be perfect. It'll be just another game. Anyways BL3 doesn't scratch the same itch as Destiny.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
i have everything on xbox and only the free base game on pc, would this be a cheap way to bring pc up to date?

i'm guessing no because you cant buy any destiny stuff on pc right now?
No more Destiny 2 purchases can be made on PC until the game releases on Steam on October 1st. However, on that day, the cheapest option to get fully up-to-date would be to buy the Forsaken collection for $25 USD, and the Shadowkeep deluxe edition (which includes Shadowkeep and the next year's worth of content) for $60 USD. Or, you can buy Shadowkeep on its own for $35 USD, and purchase each upcoming season for $10 USD each as they roll out (if you want their content).

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
And what of the issues brought up in the link I posted? Fake news? What about all the thousands of people who upvoted, commented, and gilded the post? Trolls as well?

Like it or not, this thread is aimed at people who are looking to return, and I view it only fair to inform them of all the facts, not just the sunshine and roses... even if I do catch hate for it.
your intent is disingenuous af. First of all this NEWS thread is about forsaken and the annual pass, not about shadow keep. Secondly, that thread you so conveniently chose to post now was made days ago. If you wanted to spread the good gospel as you speak, you would've just posted a thread on your own instead of derailing this one. Shadow keep is a completely different purchase from the information posed in this thread.

You literally shitpost in every gaming side thread on this game in bad faith, trying to be contrarian, and for what? You're free to talk about what's wrong with shadowkeep and destiny in your own thread. Stop stinking up other peoples threads for your own agenda, as has been stated multiple times, but you won't because you're a troll lol.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Very cool. I recently reinstalled the game on PC, wanted to play more, but didn't feel like dropping money on the Year 2 stuff. I'll be jumping back in now!

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
No more Destiny 2 purchases can be made on PC until the game releases on Steam on October 1st. However, on that day, the cheapest option to get fully up-to-date would be to buy the Forsaken collection for $25 USD, and the Shadowkeep deluxe edition (which includes Shadowkeep and the next year's worth of content) for $60 USD. Or, you can buy Shadowkeep on its own for $35 USD, and purchase each upcoming season for $10 USD each as they roll out (if you want their content).

Hmm but what was the deal about cross purchase? If I have everything on Xbox shouldn't it be also on PC (from experience it's not)? Or that was only going forward?

In short, do I NEED to buy forsaken/pass on PC?

If I buy shadowkeep deluxe addition on Xbox on Oct 1 it'll also be available to me on PC? Or is that stuff still to be determined?

I could skip Forsaken/pass on PC if I had shadowkeep deluxe?

Either way looks like I cant do this right now since no PC purchases right now. Otherwise I'd honestly probably pop for it. Even though I plan to keep PC my distant 2nd platform. This seems by far the cheapest offer to get up to date yet.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
your intent is disingenuous af. First of all this NEWS thread is about forsaken and the annual pass, not about shadow keep. Secondly, that thread you so conveniently chose to post now was made days ago. If you wanted to spread the good gospel as you speak, you would've just posted a thread on your own instead of derailing this one. Shadow keep is a completely different purchase from the information posed in this thread.

You literally shitpost in every gaming side thread on this game in bad faith, trying to be contrarian, and for what? You're free to talk about what's wrong with shadowkeep and destiny in your own thread. Stop stinking up other peoples threads for your own agenda, as has been stated multiple times, but you won't because you're a troll lol.
Yes, that thread was posted days ago... 3 days ago. That's considered old news now?! How? The issues are still relevant.

This thread may be about purchase of Forsaken Complete, but see, that's how they sink their hooks into the player. They get them invested now, and then in a month, they're probably considering buying Shadowkeep, a lower quality expansion. That's the aim, and it's a logical way to do business, but it's not the best for the consumer.

I'm not a contrarian if the Destiny subreddit, a substantially larger point of congregation for Destiny fans than Era, is up in arms about this too. The #3 and #4 top threads of the past week are about reused content, with thousands of upvotes, silvers, and golds, lol.
1bo0ROA.png

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
do you know how many games (that are always unreleased) people claim is going to kill destiny or they're going to drop destiny for? It's been happening for 5 years. I remember when people said they're going to drop destiny for master chief collection how long ago was that? BL3 is just the latest, and of course being unreleased, people can project that it's perfect. Once it come out, spoilers, it wont be perfect. It'll be just another game. Anyways BL3 doesn't scratch the same itch as Destiny.

It does for me. I've found BL more fun than Destiny with actual loot to discover and not the same recycled guns over and over. I already played all this stuff before in D1/D2. I don't give a shit about "Destiny killers". I just want to play new stuff.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

If you have Forsaken and this year's annual pass, all you need going forward is Shadowkeep (and the Year 3 annual pass if you want) by October 1st.

Thanks. That's a good explanation and I needed it.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I don't even like the Borderlands series, but the first two were extremely successful, so it stands to reason that the long-awaited third installment, barring some unforeseen controversy, would also be well-received and widely enjoyed. People aren't seeking perfection from it, but it's looking to be a better place to spend your time than Shadowkeep so far.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
what about pc players that have trasferred to steam but dont have forsaken? can only wait and buy shadowkeep now?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It does for me. I've found BL more fun than Destiny with actual loot to discover and not the same recycled guns over and over. I already played all this stuff before in D1/D2. I don't give a shit about "Destiny killers". I just want to play new stuff.

wait, what? played all what? you're pretending there's nothing new in shadowkeep?

that's ironic considering bl3 looks exactly like bl2, but whatever. I never was into BL but I've watched my brother play it and it looked fun and clever and no doubt one of the influencers of Destiny. But yeah 3 looks so uninspiring to me I definitely won't jump in on the franchise. Honestly they should have taken it to the next level and made it a full online looter shooter Destiny challenger, then I would have been interested. Instead it just looks like a single player recycled expansion pack of cut content from BL2 sold back to us. I'm sure you can project it will fulfill your life until it comes out and a few days later you realize it's kinda boring lol. such is single player games imo...hey, i'm doing it with gears 5! i was hyped for gears 4 back in the day and i cant remember if i even finished it...

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm but what was the deal about cross purchase? If I have everything on Xbox shouldn't it be also on PC (from experience it's not)? Or that was only going forward?

In short, do I NEED to buy forsaken/pass on PC?

If I buy shadowkeep deluxe addition on Xbox on Oct 1 it'll also be available to me on PC? Or is that stuff still to be determined?

I could skip Forsaken/pass on PC if I had shadowkeep deluxe?

Either way looks like I cant do this right now since no PC purchases right now.
Cross purchase only applies to the individual seasons for the next year. The expansions like Forsaken and Shadowkeep have to be purchased for each platform you want to play on, unfortunately.

what about pc players that have trasferred to steam but dont have forsaken? can only wait and buy shadowkeep now?
You'll be able to buy this once the game releases on Steam, as well as Shadowkeep. Just can't buy anything until then (aside from preordering Shadowkeep on Steam ahead of time).

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Cross purchase only applies to the individual seasons for the next year. The expansions like Forsaken and Shadowkeep have to be purchased for each platform you want to play on, unfortunately.

You'll be able to buy this once the game releases on Steam, as well as Shadowkeep. Just can't buy anything until then (aside from preordering Shadowkeep on Steam ahead of time).
oh i see, thanks for explaining. so if i preorder and buy only shadowkeep what content do i not have access to? all forsaken and year 2 stuff?

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome. I just have Destiny 2 vanilla. But Monster Hunter World Iceborne and Borderlands 3 around the corner. Gonna have to wait a bit more.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is awesome! I mainly play on Xbox, but I had picked up the Forsaken Collection (PS4) for $10 from Amazon not long ago. Free Annual Pass on PS4 is sweet!

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
oh i see, thanks for explaining. so if i preorder shadowkeep what content do i not hae access to? all forsaken and year 2 stuff?
No problem. One thing I forgot to specifically mention though: if you get the deluxe edition of Shadowkeep on one platform, you'll at least gain access to the seasonal content on your other platforms (since the deluxe edition includes passes for each of year three's seasons). So if you want access to everything new over the next year on both PC and Xbox, you can buy Shadowkeep deluxe on one platform, and just get the regular version of Shadowkeep on the other instead of having to buy the deluxe version twice.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even like the Borderlands series, but the first two were extremely successful, so it stands to reason that the long-awaited third installment, barring some unforeseen controversy, would also be well-received and widely enjoyed. People aren't seeking perfection from it, but it's looking to be a better place to spend your time than Shadowkeep so far.

Stop shitting up this thread with tales from your ass.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Damn, bought it in on the X last month. Oh well, furthering the insane value you get for everything in the package.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Woah. This is for real? Why can't Bungie make any new content for this? Lol.

I'd rather play Borderlands 3 with actual new stuff for a loot game.
Aurc is a known troll who knows how to argue in bad faith without catching a warning/ban. Do not engage. If necessary, report the particularly trollish posts when he can't resist and goes just over the line; otherwise, put him on ignore and move on.

Yes, there's a few recycled equipment pieces, etc. in Shadowkeep. There's also a ton of new stuff as well, and plenty of new content to go through and gear to chase. You won't be lacking for things to do, even if you play completely solo.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
wait, what? played all what? you're pretending there's nothing new in shadowkeep?

that's ironic considering bl3 looks exactly like bl2, but whatever. I never was into BL but I've watched my brother play it and it looked fun and clever and no doubt one of the influencers of Destiny. But yeah 3 looks so uninspiring to me I definitely won't jump in on the franchise. Honestly they should have taken it to the next level and made it a full online looter shooter Destiny challenger, then I would have been interested. Instead it just looks like a single player recycled expansion pack of cut content from BL2 sold back to us. I'm sure you can project it will fulfill your life until it comes out and a few days later you realize it's kinda boring lol. such is single player games imo...hey, i'm doing it with gears 5! i was hyped for gears 4 back in the day and i cant remember if i even finished it...

How is this Destiny 2 "expansion" new but Borderlands 3 is "recycled expansion pack" tier.

Holy moly.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Aurc is a known troll who knows how to argue in bad faith without catching a warning/ban. Do not engage. If necessary, report the particularly trollish posts when he can't resist and goes just over the line; otherwise, put him on ignore and move on.

Yes, there's a few recycled equipment pieces, etc. in Shadowkeep. There's also a ton of new stuff as well, and plenty of new content to go through and gear to chase. You won't be lacking for things to do, even if you play completely solo.
I don't aim to argue in bad faith or troll at all, though. I think people don't know that I've spent over 3k hours on the Destiny series, between both games. I was once heavily addicted to the game. My raid completions were high, my PvP stats were super high. I loved the game, same as you guys. It's just that the game has now lost me, and I think my reasons for that are quite valid.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really need a chart to understand what I need to buy if I want everything released for this game.

I still need to buy the Y1 annual pass, right?