• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Played this enough to know that this isnt for me. Just feels way too aimless except for fulfull requirements. Dont enjoy the gameplay too much to find it worth it

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't they make it F2P because the numbers fell so low?

Also don't you think by week 2 it will drop like a rock?

I retired the game after they nerfed Skull, that was when I had enough believe it or not. Not just because of that nerf, that update really pissed me off. So I left after solid everyday play since D1Beta.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying it so far. It's crazy how far the game seems to have improved since the last time I played it during the first week of release.

Oct 25, 2017
I dipped out of Destiny shortly after the Taken King but I must admit I'm tempted to jump back in.

Should I? Is it good?

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
I dipped out of Destiny shortly after the Taken King but I must admit I'm tempted to jump back in.

Should I? Is it good?

Its free so try it out. Theres a new player guide on bungies website since you'll probably be overwhelmed with the insane amounts of content they offer for free players. Its a good game if you like looter shooters with grind and they also have 3 campaigns you can do as a free player.

Wolffen

Oct 27, 2017
East coast

Should I? Is it good?

Like Strakt said, its free so at least give it a try. If you enjoyed the first game at all, you'll pro enjoy the state of the D2, and there is so much to do in the free version, it's ridiculous.

The treadmill is still there, but there's tons of different activities now to keep you occupied.

Oct 25, 2017
Like Strakt said, its free so at least give it a try. If you enjoyed the first game at all, you'll pro enjoy the state of the D2, and there is so much to do in the free version, it's ridiculous.

The treadmill is still there, but there's tons of different activities now to keep you occupied.

I had the PSPlus version in my library. Is that an inferior version compared to the free to play one?

I played the opening last night and there's so much content now it's daunting. Looking forward to playing.

Wolffen

Oct 27, 2017
East coast
I had the PSPlus version in my library. Is that an inferior version compared to the free to play one?

I played the opening last night and there's so much content now it's daunting. Looking forward to playing.
The F2P version is much better than the PS plus version which was just year one of the game, nothing more.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

I retired the game after they nerfed Skull, that was when I had enough believe it or not. Not just because of that nerf, that update really pissed me off. So I left after solid everyday play since D1Beta.
LOL no the past season before going F2P (June to October) the game consistently had 1+M daily active for a long time. Plus, we are currently in week 2 now.

Shit! Is there anyway to change versions? Or because I have the psplus version in my library am I buggered?
Everyone has the same game, if you boot it up right now you'll see New Light. It's not a new release, it's just an update to your existing game.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC

They made it F2P because that's what makes sense for the GaaS business model. The point is to widen the funnel and get as many people invested into the product as possible, and hope that some (generally stable) percentage of them monetize.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

They wrote like a 10 paragraph essay on why they had to nerf it. It makes sense. We were getting too strong and it was impacting the game they wanted to make.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
They wrote like a 10 paragraph essay on why they had to nerf it. It makes sense. We were getting too strong and it was impacting the game they wanted to make.
Im sure it made sense, but That was just the cherry on top for me, its like you took away the only thing I enjoyed about the game, nerf, nerf nerf Skulls and Orpheus rig really pissed me off. .........I had a meltdown, and stopped playing a game which I had devoted hours to every day since D1 beta. I had to draw a line.

Im glad everyone is enjoying though. Maybe one day I will jump back in for D3.

Last edited:

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
I've been trying to get into the game for a couple of days, but it's probably not for me. It's f2p so worth a shot at least.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Im sure it made sense, but That was just the cherry on top for me, its like you took away the only thing I enjoyed about the game, nerf, nerf nerf Skulls and Orpheus rig really pissed me off. .........I had a meltdown, and stopped playing a game which I had devoted hour every day since D1 beta. I had to draw a line.

Im glad everyone is enjoying though. Maybe one day I will jump back in for D3.
I mean they were broken right? You're not supposed to be casting your super every 30 seconds. We always knew it was going to happen. But I'm surprised they let us have that as long as they did.

Phoenix Protocol was the least effected, Riggs still works sometimes.

Nov 14, 2017

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
As a side note, the game also jumped up to #6 on Xbox most played chart. It was previously outside the top ten before last week iirc.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Sooooo I'm guessing that I cannot use a controller via Steam Link, right? Didn't seem to be working at all when I tried it with both an Xbox and PS4 controller.

rarewolf

Feb 7, 2019
Sooooo I'm guessing that I cannot use a controller via Steam Link, right? Didn't seem to be working at all when I tried it with both an Xbox and PS4 controller.

I don't see why not. I would have to try it, but that should be the same as plugging a controller into your PC--which works just fine. Check your button maps.