• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2 Cross Save is about to go live. Will Update with a link when it does

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/CrossSave

Q & A

Q. Do I have to buy the content on additional platforms
A. Yes

Q. What if I don't
A. Then you will retain power level, gear and weapons but only be able to access the content in Destiny 2 New Light

What is Cross Save? What will it actually do?
Cross Save enables you to choose one Destiny player account (your Active Account) that you can access from wherever you choose to play. Although this is not a permanent action, we did build this new feature as something that players will activate just once to support a hobby that spans more than one platform where Destiny can be played.

Which platforms does Cross Save support?
All of them! With one Active Account, you'll be able to unify your experiences on PlayStation, Xbox, Steam, and Stadia (when it launches later on this year).

Does this mean that I can play with players on other platforms?
Cross Save won't let you engage players on other platforms in real time. The idea is that you can move from one platform to another and play with the same Guardians.

Can I use Cross Save to merge Guardians or Collections on different platforms?
No. Cross Save will enable you to link accounts you use to play games on separate platforms and then designate one of them as your Active Account. From that point forward, the Guardians on that account will the characters you use to play on all linked platforms. We built the feature envisioning this as a decision you will make once.

I don't have Destiny on another platform, can I still Cross Save?
If you have Destiny installed on multiple platforms, you can link the accounts you use to access them. With Destiny 2: New Light, it's easier than ever to install a version of the game that you can play with your friends.

Do my previous game purchases transfer across platforms?
No. The things you have purchased from your PC or Console stores will remain on the platforms where you bought them. These includes games or balances of Silver. Cross Save enables you to access the Guardians and Collections on one Active Account from wherever you play. The things that you acquire for your characters in the game are what move with you from one platform to another.

Can I disable Cross Save once I've enabled it?
Cross Save is intended to be a one-time action, but we realize there may be cases in which you want to visit the characters you left behind. Once Cross Save has been disabled, you will have access to your original characters on each platform. There is a 90-day wait to re-enable the feature. This policy exists to discourage activity like account recoveries by other players.

How does Silver work?
Just like the game content that you acquired for one specific platform, Silver must be spent on the platform it was purchased.

Does Silver get merged with Cross Save?
No. With Cross Save, players select one set of characters from a platform to be their active characters. Silver is associated with your characters, so when you select a set of characters to be active, only that silver on that platform will be available. The Silver you own on your other accounts will remain tied to those accounts, should you ever choose to access them again. However, any future Silver purchased will be available on the platform it was purchased.

How much does it cost?
Cross Save is a free service that we provide to players of Destiny who want to jump into the action in more than one place.

When can I link my accounts and use the same Guardians to play in more than one place?
We expect to launch this feature on August 21, 2019. This will give you the time you need to link your accounts and get your friends lists sorted before the launch of Shadowkeep and New Light.

How will Cross Save impact my Clans?
Your Active Account will be included in only one Destiny Clan. That will become your Clan on all the platforms where you play Destiny. Your Active Account will only take up one player slot in your Clan Roster, but you'll have access to your Clan teammates who are currently playing on the same platform. As you move from one platform to another, you'll be able to make progress on your clan objectives wherever you play.

Last edited:

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
It sucks they use the cosmodrome and the inside of the wall in their pictures for new light. Since you'll never be able to go there in d2.

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It sucks they use the cosmodrome and the inside of the wall in their pictures for new light. Since you'll never be able to go there in d2.

If you have a new character you do the intro mission from D1. Additionally the thunderlord quest takes you back to that location.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
So I have my main account on PS4 played thousands of hours. I also have a B.net Destiny 2 account ( I got it free at one point but its just the base game ) I don't have a PC yet to really worry about cross save. I will be building one in the next month. Do I need to do anything today?

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Aight hold up I didn't know that first mission was going to be put in D2:NewLight. I can't imagine the timeskip their gonna need to explain. I swear if we're getting that SIVA infested Cosmodrome again. I'm gonna be so hype.

We just don't know yet

I think there's strong feelings the fan base that the whole cosmodrome will eventually make it's way back

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
So I have my main account on PS4 played thousands of hours. I also have a B.net Destiny 2 account ( I got it free at one point but its just the base game ) I don't have a PC yet to really worry about cross save. I will be building one in the next month. Do I need to do anything today?

Thanks in advance!
You should link your PS4 account to Steam so you're able to transfer over, but I think that might just be for BNet if not then you're fine.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Aight hold up I didn't know that first mission was going to be put in D2:NewLight. I can't imagine the timeskip their gonna need to explain. I swear if we're getting that SIVA infested Cosmodrome again. I'm gonna be so hype.

I've thought that it would be like... Your Ghost finds you and brings you back to life as a Guardian, hence reusing the opening mission from D1, but then when you get back to the Tower, it's under attack by the Cabal.

I'm sure there were still Ghosts resurrecting Guardains right as the Tower fell. Bad luck for the Guardians that were making their first ever visit there though. Haha.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

Thanks in advance!
What you should do now:

Link your battle net to Steam so that you'll be ready to switch over the moment everything moves to Steam. Do this regardless of if/when you wanna use cross-save.

What you should do when you wanna move to PC:

Move your PS4 progression to your PC and set it as the "primary" so to speak. You can't switch from system to system without any restrictions, you can only do it once every 90 days I believe. So only do it when you're good and ready.

Oh, and remember that it is NOT CROSS BUY. You'll still have to buy Forsaken/Forsaken's Annual Pass/Shadowkeep/future seasons on each platform you wanna be playing on.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
So, I can't open the link at work, so maybe someone could tell me if this was answered: This cross save doesn't let you "consolidate" characters into one account does it? Like if I have one character on PS4, and one on PC, I can't make them both accessible on all platforms?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
all of us in the Destiny 2 PvP community:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, I can't open the link at work, so maybe someone could tell me if this was answered: This cross save doesn't let you "consolidate" characters into one account does it? Like if I have one character on PS4, and one on PC, I can't make them both accessible on all platforms?
Nope It's full migration.

Spaaaaaaaaace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Nope, not account merging. You'll have to pick one.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Are there any performance differences between the consoles? Is it worth it to switch to Xbox One X from a PS4 Pro?

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Was really hoping to jump into my PC save on my 1X today. Day off, nothing to do but play Destiny. Guess it's time to do dishes and laundry. I hate being an adult sometimes.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I may take advantage of this purely to play Crucible on PS4. I CANNOT do it on PC and I need kills for my Solstice armor.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I still cannot stand the language they use to explain all of this stuff. I'd love an ELI5 for this. I have one character on PS4 that I wanna move to PC, and I own every D2 DLC on both platforms. Whenever this goes live, theoretically, I can just plop my PS4 character onto PC and never look back? Thanks to having the same DLC on both systems? Or am I going to leave crucial bits behind on PS4 by doing this?

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still cannot stand the language they use to explain all of this stuff. I'd love an ELI5 for this. I have one character on PS4 that I wanna move to PC, and I own every D2 DLC on both platforms. Whenever this goes live, theoretically, I can just plop my PS4 character onto PC and never look back? Thanks to having the same DLC on both systems? Or am I going to leave crucial bits behind on PS4 by doing this?

So long as you have Destiny 2, Warmind, Curse of Osiris, Forsaken and the Annual Pass on PC then you can just bring your ps4 characters over and never look back. You will lock yourself out of your current PC character doing this

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
You're going to pick the platform you want to keep saved between all other platforms. So you can't just pick one char from one and then add it to another, you'll basically copy any and all PS4 chars to the other platforms. The other platform chars won't be deleted or lost, you just won't have access to them any longer while cross save is turned on. Hope that makes more sense.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut

You can plop and never look back. Since you have all the DLC already on PC.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goodbye PS4 players. I'm sad to see you go but I love to watch you leave.
Seriously this sucks, this is where I get people to do activities with. I guess Ill have to go to reddit.

Hedera

Oct 25, 2017
Was kinda of looking foward to give it a go on my laptop and try to get at least one set of solstice gear (can't do it on console since no ps+). Hoping it goes live this week still.

Edit: seems like it will :)

Last edited:

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
So long as you have Destiny 2, Warmind, Curse of Osiris, Forsaken and the Annual Pass on PC then you can just bring your ps4 characters over and never look back. You will lock yourself out of your current PC character doing this
You're going to pick the platform you want to keep saved between all other platforms. So you can't just pick one char from one and then add it to another, you'll basically copy any and all PS4 chars to the other platforms. The other platform chars won't be deleted or lost, you just won't have access to them any longer while cross save is turned on. Hope that makes more sense.

This is so fucking stupid. Why do I have to wipe ANY character existing on PC in order to leave PS4 behind?!

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
This is so fucking stupid. Why do I have to wipe ANY character existing on PC in order to leave PS4 behind?!
Yeah I wish I could choose which characters to save as I've been playing on both platforms up until now which I assume many others have. Like I said, they're not wiped, they're just not accessible while you're using cross-save, which they intend to be active at all times. So basically it's like a wipe yet technically it's not. No fun, I completely stopped playing on Xbox once I found this out since my PC chars were far ahead and wouldn't be passed in time.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If you have a new character you do the intro mission from D1. Additionally the thunderlord quest takes you back to that location.
Don't you mean it took you back? I thought that quest was no longer available. (Which sucks, because I missed it both times it was playable.)

Your existing PC characters technically don't get wiped, but you won't be able to play them again unless you disable cross save. And if you do that, there's a 90-day waiting period before you can re-enable it.

Still kind of sucks, but not as much as having your characters flat-out wiped.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Don't you mean it took you back? I thought that quest was no longer available. (Which sucks, because I missed it both times it was playable.)

Your existing PC characters technically don't get wiped, but you won't be able to play them again unless you disable cross save. And if you do that, there's a 90-day waiting period before you can re-enable it.

Still kind of sucks, but not as much as having your characters flat-out wiped.
I still don't understand the logic behind the 90 day waiting period. The way they worded it on the site didn't make sense to me. How could this be abused?