• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017

CROSS SAVE

This is a resource for players who know they'll be playing Destiny 2 in more than one place this Fall. Cross Save will finally let us unify our adventures across many platforms. The launch of Cross Save is planned for August 21. Before that happens, check out the new information we're serving up about how it will work and what you'll be able to bring with you. If you've been nurturing Guardians on more than one account, you'll have some choices to make.

STEAM LINKING

This is a resource for players who have been playing Destiny 2 on PC and will be moving with us to our new home on Steam. In keeping with the announcement from last week about our new launch window, Destiny 2 will arrive on Steam for the first time on October 1. Before that happens, on August 20, you'll be invited to begin the process of linking your PC player accounts for a smooth transition of your Guardians and all your game purchases.

PAVING THE ROAD TO LAUNCH
Players of Destiny have a lot of questions about Shadowkeep. We wouldn't have it any other way, because we have a lot to tell you between now and launch. This is more than a Moon mission. We're kicking off a whole new year of play, with some interesting evolutions for the experience. Without assigning exact dates to each moment, here is a sequence of events (in the order they will occur) that will broaden your understanding of what you'll be playing in October:

1. 'Director's Cut' with Luke Smith
2. Armor Customization Preview livestream
3. More Shadowkeep details at gamescom
4. Cross Save launch
5. How Seasons will change in D2Y3
6. PVP reveal for Shadowkeep
7. An invitation to the Crucible at PAX

And the rest will be packed into the last mile, during September. Those are the big-ticket items that we plan to cover in depth, but it's not the full list of everything we'll talk about. We'll hear from Luke a number of times as we tackle these topics, beginning early next week. Thanks for going on the journey with us.

MOD SQUAD
Many of you have asked us to elaborate on what we've referred to as "Armor 2.0."

Next week, we'll do just that – and we'll do it live!

Armor Customization Preview Livestream
Building a Better Monster Killing Machine

August 14, 2019 – 10AM Pacific

Armor_Customization_Stream.gif

Tune in wherever you feel most at home to watch three developers from Bungie build their ideal Titan, Hunter, or Warlock. They'll apply Mods, Artifacts, and Ornaments to build their own version of the perfect monster killing machine. Then we'll test those builds in the new Sandbox.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
If they are doing a PVP reveal; then the changes must be bigggg.. pretty excited

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still really bummed that they are doing "account replacement" as opposed to "account merging". As someone who started on PS4 and then switched to PC later, this form of cross-save is basically useless.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
CANNOT WAIT.

I'm very excited to bring my XBO Titan to PS4 and PC. PS4 to play with my coworkers, and PC for grinding out PVE activities from a coffee shop. Then once Stadia's available, grinding out stuff from a coffee shop with my phone and a controller like some weirdo.

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way to buy and play Destiny 2 on PC and take advantage of cross play before the Steam version hits is there? I was always confused about that.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Cross save is coming earlier than I thought. I'm pretty excited for it.

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pumped for this. Though, it's too bad we couldn't at least merge collections. RIP all that Titan gear I grinded for on PS4.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Wait is this whole thing just talking about PC cross save from Battlenet to Steam? I'm not seeing anything about PS4 here.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
So if I want to move my PS4 character over to PC, am I going to have to have D2 installed on my PS4 or will this all be web based?

Oct 25, 2017
Wait is this whole thing just talking about PC cross save from Battlenet to Steam? I'm not seeing anything about PS4 here.
They're separate things. There's two things happening at once: a permanent transfer from Battle.net to Steam for current PC players and cross-save between consoles and Steam.

If you started on PS4 and need PS4-PC cross save, you should log into Bungie's site with your PSN account and then connect to Steam following their instructions. We'll know more when cross-save goes live.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Can't wait to see the Armor 2.0 stream next week. Luke Smith also said his post is coming early next week( probably Monday or Tuesday) and will be 4100 words long!

Very curious about Shadowkeep PvP reveal as well

Oct 28, 2017
So if I want to move my PS4 character over to PC, am I going to have to have D2 installed on my PS4 or will this all be web based?

Its all done via a website. You'll pick whatever platform you want to become your cross-save basis and every other platform you play on will then be able to access that. No need to install the game, just as long as you've played and got some data on their servers.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
They're separate things. There's two things happening at once: a permanent transfer from Battle.net to Steam for current PC players and cross-save between consoles and Steam.

If you started on PS4 and need PS4-PC cross save, you should log into Bungie's site with your PSN account and then connect to Steam following their instructions. We'll know more when cross-save goes live.

Yeah this is what I'm going to need to do for sure.

Akelisrain

Oct 30, 2017
Bel Air MD
I am really hoping to get into this once it hits steam. I am eager to see if Valve and Bungie have created a system for Linux players to participate via Proton or Native.

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017
Hell yeah - the main reason I stopped playing is because none of my Steam friends were on Battle.net

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
So I am assuming the 21st is all about just on the account side right ?

I won't actially be able to play or access my Xbox toons on PC till Shadowkeep drops ?

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
No, you can access your character on whatever platform you cross save to on the 21st.
I thought only the process was starting at that time and then it actually goes live on 10/1.

edit: or maybe that was just about the transfer from B.net to Steam. I'm confused I think, lol.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
I thought only the process was starting at that time and then it actually goes live on 10/1.

You're thinking about the Battle.net to steam migration. Steam linking starts on August 20th, but you can't actually play on steam until 10/1 when shadowkeep launches. Cross save actually launches on August 21

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Cross save supposedly goes live on the 21st, but the migration to Steam isn't until October 1. They haven't clarified what that means for people wanting to migrate to PC though; presumably they would be able to play on Battle.net for 6 weeks and then migrate to Steam with the rest of us...that presumes that Bungie didn't have to do any more work to make cross-save available on Battle.net accounts though, which I don't think is necessarily a given.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Cross save supposedly goes live on the 21st, but the migration to Steam isn't until October 1. They haven't clarified what that means for people wanting to migrate to PC though; presumably they would be able to play on Battle.net for 6 weeks and then migrate to Steam with the rest of us...that presumes that Bungie didn't have to do any more work to make cross-save available on Battle.net accounts though, which I don't think is necessarily a given.
Yeah this is where the confusion comes in for me. Since it's not live on Steam until 10/1, I didn't think I'd be able to actually do the cross-save until then since Battle.net isn't gonna be around much longer. But like you said, maybe they already have it setup for this short period to work, otherwise why not just wait right?

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017

Most of the cross saves will be from console to PC since its such a huge leap in terms of gameplay. You'll most likely cross save onto PC; dl bnet and play your guardian, then xfer over to steam on 10/1.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the cross saves will be from console to PC since its such a huge leap in terms of gameplay. You'll most likely cross save onto PC; dl bnet and play your guardian, then xfer over to steam on 10/1.

Ok this is what I was questioning.

So since I have B.net and Forsaken already on my PC, i just have to activate Crossave and can play my Xbox toons on B.net on the 21st until 10/1?

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/CrossSave - I really wish they'd just have a video of someone explaining all of this with screens/video of exactly how it works. This FAQ format is clunky and confusing, breaks relevant information into completely different questions spread across the page.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
It's a bummer I can't merge my PSN and Xbox accounts. My PS4 titan will remain unused. Bummer.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't touched it all year because a lot of Forsaken was implemented in an annoying Youtube-baity way, but I feel like the Steam launch is a good opportunity to try it out again and hopefully not be five different kinds of lost as to what to do.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
That's honestly amazing. I have an Xbox save and just built a PC so I'll for sure be moving that over.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I'm going to use cross save to play with mates on both Consoles because since cross save got announced I stopped playing on X1.
Can't wait to carry with the Xbox clan/mates.