• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017

ElV3UOCWoAADSa8

Last edited:

monodlee

Oct 28, 2017
I watched until I saw
Zavala in a room chillin with cabal
and decided I'd rather wait to experience this all in game. I'm getting pretty hyped though.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
When Osirus's rescuer was revealed my PlayStation just fucking melted and shut off so I have no idea what happened. It's as if it wanted me to not to see spoilers.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Great video, but I am still a little confused on what purchasing seasons gets you this year. Is it mainly the battle pass plus a seasonal activity of some sort?

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Very well made ViDoc considering everything going on in the world right now. Super excited for these next few years of Destiny, especially where the story goes.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Starting with Season of the Hunt, most of the Seasonal content and all of the sweet gear will be sticking around for all of year 4. We hope this alleviates some of the FOMO that has been present with past Seasons. Now you can jump back in and experience past Seasons' story, activities, and loot anytime during year 4.

Thank god

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
"Starting with Season of the Hunt, most of the Seasonal content and all of the sweet gear will be sticking around for all of year 4. We hope this alleviates some of the FOMO that has been present with past Seasons. Now you can jump back in and experience past Seasons' story, activities, and loot anytime during year 4."

Very nice!

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great. I got 2 weeks off starting on Nov 8, I'll be spending a lot of my vacation on Europa (and hopefully that great looking Cosmodrome as well).

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely was not expecting Xivu Arath and fucking Uldren at this point. Damn I'm excited to see what leads into to that, (assuming Beyond Light does indeed lead into the seasonal story).

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man, and it's on Games Pass? I've resisted getting back into Destiny, but it might be time...

WildWayz

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Looks really good - but I hope we can play in the Cosmodrome again - and not have to delete a character and create a new one.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
It seems you don't get a whole lot of content for a 40 dollar expansion. Most of it seasonal and F2P...

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
Thank you giving your opinion on whether or not it matters if it's new.

You're welcome.

It seems you don't get a whole lot of content for a 40 dollar expansion. Most of it seasonal and F2P...

As always, it's better to wait and see on release what we get if that seems a bit too steep for you. We'll get a better view of the amount of content that is added once a week or two have passed after release.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Anyway, one new strike is unquestionably bad and really sucks.

It especially stands out when we're losing multiple strikes at the same time. It shouldn't be crazy to expect more than one new strike for a new $40 expansion.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017

new subclasses
New area
New gear
New raid
New story

There are prob new activities but bungie doesnt reveal shit. This vidoc felt like more of a tldr of past info with new info on the season coming. Worth $40? Prob not but ill buy it cause im dumb

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
One new strike, which is F2P, no crucible maps, no gambit maps etc.

This sure isn't Forsaken size.

It's not clear if the new strike is the one being added to the playlist. It just says there will be a new strike in the playlist. Could be the Omnigul strike from the Cosmodrome.

And this was never going to be Forsaken-sized.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
New campaign, three new subclasses, a raid, new exotics?

Forsaken has warped peoples minds. That was the largest expansion Destiny has ever had and to a significant degree. I wish Bungie could pump out as much content as Forsaken in every major expansion. I really wish they could, but the fact is they simply can't. It just isn't feasible with the amount of resources they currently have. That's why I've already lowered my expectations and have for a while now. If anybody is expecting Forsaken level content then you need to lower those expectations.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
So what's up with Osiris? Last we saw him was at the start of the Season of the Worthy when he was confronting Rasputin about something that we learned about at the end of that season. What are the chances any of that is addressed in Season of the Hunt?

Green

Oct 27, 2017
" Starting with Season of the Hunt, most of the Seasonal content and all of the sweet gear will be sticking around for all of year 4. We hope this alleviates some of the FOMO that has been present with past Seasons. Now you can jump back in and experience past Seasons' story, activities, and loot anytime during year 4. "

Bungie you naughty devils, you. Doin it right.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first Destiny yearly release I'm (for now) planning on skipping; the vaulting idea really rubs me the wrong way.

Will be checking out player's impressions after the first week with the game to see how folks feel about the changes. Destiny continues to be the series I desperately want to love but it is always finding ways to make me sigh at it.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Forsaken has warped peoples minds. That was the largest expansion Destiny has ever had and to a significant degree. I wish Bungie could pump out as much content as Forsaken in every major expansion. I really wish they could, but the fact is they simply can't. It just isn't feasible with the amount of resources they currently have. That's why I've already lowered my expectations and have for a while now. If anybody is expecting Forsaken level content then you need to lower those expectations.

Yeah, Forsaken is an unreasonable expectation level when they don't have two additional studios supporting them.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
The vid shows for a moment the option for Darkness subclasES. Implying more in the future, a bit obvious but I wonder how soon afterwards. I feel like a poison based Subclass for Witch Queen would make sense

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I wonder if they will allow you to switch back to an old season pass track to continue unlocking items after the season is over like in MCC. They don't specify that clearly.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
So it looks like there isn't any indication that Forsaken or Shadowkeep would be rolled into F2P content, right? Don't see them mentioned unless it was talked about earlier and I missed it. I own Forsaken but held off on Shadowkeep as I play very, very casually and haven't gotten to need it quite yet.