• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
There is definitely something different about couch gaming. Even if you can set it up on PC, the ease of use of console is so comfy and it makes gaming feel easier. Also that separation from work station to game box really does create a mental shift, for me at least.

With next gen features the gap between PC and console feels really close, in theory of course as I haven't tried it yet. Really happy for y'all getting 60fps and higher FoV, those two are gamechangers in Destiny (SSD style snappy menus too, ofc). Jumping to PC from PS4 felt like a different game.
Yeh it definitely has its place. Plus as you say, when you work on the comp is nice to have a clean break for the gaming and relaxing. Definitely hope it's close. FoV is the standout for me, is the main thing I miss from PC. The feeling of speed is really quite insane between the two and what I'm most looking forward to. Obviously everything else is awesome too, but I'm really hyped to have that on console.

Impeccable taste you got there.
giphy.gif

Height and depth of both boxes being the same is oddly satisfying.
Really is. Unexpected but welcome.

Very nice! My Series X should be here *checks Amazon* in another couple of hours.
Good choice in movie, too.
Ooo!! Hope it's arrived or arrives soon 💚 exciting times ahead! Ay, really is such a great movie. Still blows me away each time I watch it.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
One of the things they've been hyping up for BL is the new dynamic weather system on Europa. They say they've wanted to add that feature to the engine for a long time.

All I'm worried about is the hit to frames and how annoying it will be in the future.

Hopefully they thought this through.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
So if I started a new game, the power level would be 1050 right from beginning (new character)?

Yes. Power level in Destiny is perhaps a bit different than in other games; it's mostly a gating mechanism— you are punished for being underlevel but not rewarded all that much for being over level (and some activities clamp down on your effective level— some story missions this past season for instance seemed to have limited everyone a tiny bit under the level of the activity just to make them a bit tougher).

I expect that any levelling demanded for the Beyond Light story missions will be below the soft cap.

Also in terms of plot, where is best to start in terms of the reveal of the darkness plotline (ie presumably the Destiny 1 darkness is coming enemy)?

Like how to get up to speed on what's going on or how to play through the game so it makes sense?

Callandor

Oct 27, 2017
You shouldn't be getting frames that low. I have a lower spec than you for cpu and destiny is cpu bound. Your gpu is already much better than mine. I get better frames than you consistently. I very rarely drop into the 60s or 70s. Something is wrong lol.

Yeah, I'd agree. When I was still on my 1080ti, but upgraded from an i5-4690k to my ryzen 7 3800x, just anecdotally, I jumped from 60-70fps to ~90fps at Alters of Sorrow, for example.

I'm on a 3080 now and didn't really notice a jump versus the 1080ti.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is it for new players/characters only? I guess I'm confused because I'm not sure why I would see the whole "eyes up, guardian" cut scene if I've been playing Destiny 2 for years...

Yes it's for new players/characters. But you can go through it if you want to as a veteran if you pick up the quest from a kiosk in the Tower.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
so is that the final size? has the update on steam came yet? I bought beyond light and im getting not install on the dlc tab. or is the update 50gbs?
Yes it's around 50ish I think. Yes the update on steam came out last night. Everyone technically has the update, you're just buying a license. Idk if it activates until you log in for the first time I haven't checked my own steam.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
We should be expecting Destiny Item Manager to be broken for a while, right? I seem to remember that happened last year when Shadowkeep launched. I'm so spoiled, lol!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
We should be expecting Destiny Item Manager to be broken for a while, right? I seem to remember that happened last year when Shadowkeep launched. I'm so spoiled, lol!
Yeah, it'll probably be a bit before the API is updated. Things like DIM and Ishtar Commander probably won't work for a while.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Dang-it I buckled. Back in on Destiny again.
InsignificantWellgroomedGoat-small.gif
Same here. Been back since last season after taking a 1 year break. Once i was done with last season i moved on around mid July, so a good couple months break.
Not fully hyped for anything Destiny but end of the day i know its a reliable, time wasting fun sandbox that i will likely keep coming back to during droughts.

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
Quite amazing how much hype Destiny can still produce for us old faithfuls. Only other game to make me this giddy all year has been TLOU2.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Have they said when the next gen patch will hit? I'm thinking about switching back to PS5 from PC, but that would mean waiting to buy the expansion :(

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Quite amazing how much hype Destiny can still produce for us old faithfuls. Only other game to make me this giddy all year has been TLOU2.
Not felt this since Forsaken. I've made peace with the fact that it's these big expansions that will get me like that, and the stuff in-between is just a little extra I can pick up and play whenever.

is it 14 minutes or an hour 14 for servers to be back up?
13 mins from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.