• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I thought I heard they might do something for the last day, but what do we really expect? Some Pyramid ships flying in the distance of the Tower's skybox? I can't imagine they'll do something significant considering it's going to last for a very short period of time where a lot of the playerbase will miss it.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought I heard they might do something for the last day, but what do we really expect? Some Pyramid ships flying in the distance of the Tower's skybox? I can't imagine they'll do something significant considering it's going to last for a very short period of time where a lot of the playerbase will miss it.
Journey into the interior of the Traveler, obviously. Turns out it's cake.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some questions:

- Will Beyond Light increase vault storage?
- If I want to play on PS5 going forward, do I need to buy it on PS4? Or can I buy it on Steam where I play now?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Some questions:

- Will Beyond Light increase vault storage?
- If I want to play on PS5 going forward, do I need to buy it on PS4? Or can I buy it on Steam where I play now?
  • Don't believe we know yet but a lot of people have freed up a lot of space w. sunsetting and knowing transmog is based on collections.
  • You can buy the PS4 edition of Beyond Light and will be able to download it on PS5 at no additional cost.
    -- If you buy the Digital Deluxe then you get the season pass, which is cross-platform
    -- Even with the Season Pass you would need to buy the base version of Beyond Light on Steam to play it there

h3ro

Oct 28, 2017
Getting excited to settle in to the new content this upcoming weekend! I'll be setting up the Series X as well so looking forward to the new loading times.

h3ro

Oct 28, 2017
Completed the Trinity Ghoul masterwork over the weekend after discovering it exist and good lord what is this add clearing madness?
YES! Got the catalyst to drop earlier in the season. It's a shame the kill counter doesn't count the AOE kills because I'm sure it would be over 15K at this point.

I love Sunshot as well which I hope isn't nerfed since it will be the only 150rpm HC left in the game come tomorrow.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
What time does the pre-maintenance update drop today?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hope there isn't a drop you get related to the event unless you can get it retroactively, there is no chance I'll be awake for it because I need to be up super early tomorrow morning and there is no way I'm staying awake all night.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
When can I play Beyond Light in UK tomorrow? Do I have to wait for the 5pm reset?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

giphy.gif

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I tried to get a Gahlran clear for my final raid triumph last night, and got stuck in LFG hell with groups that — at least on paper — could clear the boss but for whatever reason just weren't doing it. What should have been an hour or so stretched into four, with nothing to actually show for it. Thats time I'm never getting back, RIP.

Is it even worth it? I'm good enough at the encounter (which I think translates to "I prioritize callouts and dont talk over anyone") that I could knock it out with the right group, but can't afford to hang out in limbo. Any tips? Are there groups I should be prioritizing? Ideally I want to knock it out over lunch or something today, but dont want to prolong my suffering if its just not going to work out.

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to get a Gahlran clear for my final raid triumph last night, and got stuck in LFG hell with groups that — at least on paper — could clear the boss but for whatever reason just weren't doing it. What should have been an hour or so stretched into four, with nothing to actually show for it. Thats time I'm never getting back, RIP.

Is it even worth it? I'm good enough at the encounter (which I think translates to "I prioritize callouts and dont talk over anyone") that I could knock it out with the right group, but can't afford to hang out in limbo. Any tips? Are there groups I should be prioritizing? Ideally I want to knock it out over lunch or something today, but dont want to prolong my suffering if its just not going to work out.
The last encounter of Crown of Sorrow is very wild, and can go wrong easily with RNG of the crystal alone fucking up teams if they don't pay attention.

One thing I'd recommend is, make sure you are always saying where the crystal is going next - as it helps people understand if they should punch a deception but lose their buff. Other obvious tips you're probably aware of is, the crystal takes priority over everything else. It can wipe your team very easily. N
Another thing is, if one side gets rid of their deception, they should be ready to freely move around and potentially jump in to help another side if needed - be that with the crystal or the deception. Boss damage is straight forward - divinity and xeno is the easiest.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I got my Wayfarer title finally, so I'm done with everything I personally wanted to do before tomorrow!

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The last encounter of Crown of Sorrow is very wild, and can go wrong easily with RNG of the crystal alone fucking up teams if they don't pay attention.

One thing I'd recommend is, make sure you are always saying where the crystal is going next - as it helps people understand if they should punch a deception but lose their buff. Other obvious tips you're probably aware of is, the crystal takes priority over everything else. It can wipe your team very easily. N
Another thing is, if one side gets rid of their deception, they should be ready to freely move around and potentially jump in to help another side if needed - be that with the crystal or the deception. Boss damage is straight forward - divinity and xeno is the easiest.

Thanks, yo. This is all great advice.

The worst is how much better everyone plays at the start of the encounter, and how quickly things go down hill as people get sloppy and communication falls apart. Honest to god I think 90% of the encounter is knowing how to listen and only speaking when you need to. Too much noise/distraction just becomes its own confusing challenge to navigate — especially when you can't hear what your partner is saying through all the noise (this is the worst, ugh). More and more I feel like good (re: clear!) communication skills are the key to basically everything involving other people, and that raids are only hard because of the weird collaborative dialogue you have to juggle with five other people.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Finished Fighting Lion and Witherhoard catalysts this weekend as well as hit (and passed) Rank 100 on the Season pass so all of that felt pretty good!

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda surprised we haven't heard more about this. Surely it wont just be Prime with no special armor.
They gave some details in an update (on mobile atm). It's very similar to Prime, no armor perks, changes to the primeval damage phase, think some changes on invader timing, and Taken Captain being replaced as a blocker.

Chronology

Oct 27, 2017
Have we gotten any details (officially or datamined) about what to expect for the size of the expansion? Obviously it's $40 so you'd hope it's a little meatier than Shadowkeep, but I have to imagine we can't expect something Forsaken-sized, right?

Super excited either way, but wondering if I can keep my hopes up for a little more than they've shown thus far

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I assume the new BL client will be available for download when the servers go offline?

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Really really hope we don't have a server crash at launch like last year

Last edited:

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Have we gotten any details (officially or datamined) about what to expect for the size of the expansion? Obviously it's $40 so you'd hope it's a little meatier than Shadowkeep, but I have to imagine we can't expect something Forsaken-sized, right?

Super excited either way, but wondering if I can keep my hopes up for a little more than they've shown thus far
Bigger than Shadowkeep, considerably smaller than Forsaken by most expectations. The Europa map looks like it's kinda big, but hard to tell at this point. And we are of course also getting most of the Cosmodrome back. Indicators point to a similar structure to the Forsaken campaign; story missions mixed with Adventure-style lieutenant hunts. And of course the new Stasis class.

On the flip side, only one new strike (along with Will of Crota- the other two Cosmodrome strikes probably won't be back until next season), absolutely no new crucible content, not a ton of new exotics, etc.

Hawkeye 131

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

They went on record to say Beyond Light will be larger than Shadowkeep but smaller than Forsaken.

Edit; Beaten...

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
I have one dang Savauthrin's Eye to get, at the bottom of the rainbow road in the Prophecy dungeon. DOH.

Chronology

Oct 27, 2017
Gotcha gotcha, thanks y'all. That's sort of what I was expecting, but good to hear all the same.

Is the expansion only having one new strike confirmed? There's only the one on the roadmap obviously but I thought it might be like Corrupted in Forsaken where it opens up a couple days after launch.

All the same, looking forward to it!

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Kind of torn on this expansion tbh; I slowly completed Curse of Osiris and Warmind over the past months, knowing they'd be inaccessible eventually. Problem is, I've played enough Destiny lately that I'm kind of ready to take a break from it just as the new content launched.

Do the expansions generally get discounted after awhile? Wondering if I should just wait.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Aight did some GM Lake of Shadows and got 20 golf balls. I'm ready for Beyond Light!

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, yo. This is all great advice.

The worst is how much better everyone plays at the start of the encounter, and how quickly things go down hill as people get sloppy and communication falls apart. Honest to god I think 90% of the encounter is knowing how to listen and only speaking when you need to. Too much noise/distraction just becomes its own confusing challenge to navigate — especially when you can't hear what your partner is saying through all the noise (this is the worst, ugh). More and more I feel like good (re: clear!) communication skills are the key to basically everything involving other people, and that raids are only hard because of the weird collaborative dialogue you have to juggle with five other people.
You're right, this is one of the raid encounters where communication is vital and nonsense talking should not be happening as people are telling partners to switch buffs, or calling for buffs, or crystal noise, etc.

Hopefully you get that clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.