• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
JwmxIZdm.jpg
I'm playing this shit on the 19th, I do not have the willpower to wait. I'm still pissed at Bungie.

Surface

Nov 6, 2017
Just played destiny for today first time ever. Just did random "events" on planets that will disapear with beyond light as I understand

Never played anything like it. Especially fun teaming up vs bosses. But Im not hooked, felt like I played without a purpose. Maybe would feel better if I join beyond light and get some story going. Having it FOC on Stadia worked like a gem

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Just played destiny for today first time ever. Just did random "events" on planets that will disapear with beyond light as I understand

Never played anything like it. Especially fun teaming up vs bosses. But Im not hooked, felt like I played without a purpose. Maybe would feel better if I join beyond light and get some story going. Having it FOC on Stadia worked like a gem

The new player experience is being updated with Beyond Light. I'm not saying don't buy the expansion. But, on November 10th I think you'll have a better time and purpose with the Cosmodrome being the new player introduction. Then, you'll have more clarity on if you wanna delve more into the new stuff imo.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

So you haven't played Gambit?

Boy, do I envy you.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
I can play 99.9% of this game with no issues but as soon as pick up the orb in the gauntlet part of Levi it switches off my Xbox.

All because I have the Scorpio one X. Roll on Tues when I get my new series X and that raid disappears.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I can play 99.9% of this game with no issues but as soon as pick up the orb in the gauntlet part of Levi it switches off my Xbox.

All because I have the Scorpio one X. Roll on Tues when I get my new series X and that raid disappears.

As in the effects are too much and overheat the console? That's weird.

EffettoNotte

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 17, 2019
Will be easier for new players jump into the game with this "reset"? Everytime I tried the game in the past was so confusing to understand what to do

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Will be easier for new players jump into the game with this "reset"? Everytime I tried the game in the past was so confusing to understand what to do
The reality is...we don't really know? The game will be less dense with activities so hopefully less confusing on that front. The Cosmodrome seems to have been pushed primarily as a place for the new player experience so hopefully they do a much better job introducing you to everything but we'll see.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Should be. They're (properly) adding in the Cosmodrome from the first Destiny, which was the very first destination anyone played. They're adding in a new questline for it that's meant for new players (but can be played by anyone) that shows them the ropes, is supposed to properly explain things about the game, etc.

That's what Bungie says, at least. They said they've taken in the negative feedback that the current new player experience has received, so hopefully it does actually end up being better.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Activated crossplay on my Destiny 2 account so when my Xbox arrives on Tuesday I can jump right in with all my stuff carrying over. I'll admit I haven't played in a while (I never actually completed the Awoken dlc and the only time I played since then was a brief pop in to watch the Almighty crash), so I don't really know what's going to happen next or how far behind my light level is...

...but I'm glad everything is included in Gamepass. That makes it all so much easier to get back into it than double dipping.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Activated crossplay on my Destiny 2 account so when my Xbox arrives on Tuesday I can jump right in with all my stuff carrying over. I'll admit I haven't played in a while (I never actually completed the Awoken dlc and the only time I played since then was a brief pop in to watch the Almighty crash), so I don't really know what's going to happen next or how far behind my light level is...

...but I'm glad everything is included in Gamepass. That makes it all so much easier to get back into it than double dipping.
All gear is being brought up to 1050 when Beyond Light launches so you're all good in regard to power level - at most you'll be ten levels behind a minority of players on day one.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All gear is being brought up to 1050 when Beyond Light launches so you're all good in regard to power level - at most you'll be ten levels behind a minority of players on day one.

All gear? Including our exotics? Forsaken came out two years ago (whaaaaaaaat) so I'm really fuzzy on some things, but I do remember enjoying certain exotics and I had a lot of them. It'd be a shame if they were left behind.

I do at least recall that Bungie is adding a way to buy exotics that are "rotating out", so I can work towards grabbing the ones I like the look of.

Fathead

Oct 31, 2017
I was gonna stock up on some bounties, but I'm too fucking pumped from celebrating to sit down and play.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, guardians, I'm hopping back in with this expansion. I would say I stopped back after the Season of the Drifter. I've read about sun setting. Can I just nuke my vault completely and start over? I wouldn't mind clearing it out, and it looks like armor for transmog is based on collections so I should be good to go there.

Rey

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, this OT is just <3

Will take my sweet time when I wake up tomorrow to read everyting with a cup of coffee :-)

Oct 28, 2017
All gear? Including our exotics? Forsaken came out two years ago (whaaaaaaaat) so I'm really fuzzy on some things, but I do remember enjoying certain exotics and I had a lot of them. It'd be a shame if they were left behind.

I do at least recall that Bungie is adding a way to buy exotics that are "rotating out", so I can work towards grabbing the ones I like the look of.

Everyone and everything in their pockets will get baselined at 1050, no matter what. Its just to level the playing field so lapsed players dont have to sit farming blues in Crucible to reach 1050 to engage in the story of Beyond Light.

Dalto11

Oct 27, 2017
Very, very excited for Tuesday. D2 new content hype will carry me through till I grab my PS5 Thursday. Its gonna help the time fly by.

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Super excited to get really into Destiny again. First time since Rise of Iron i've been motivated to jump back. Must say it sucks that my old clan is gone and that a lot of the LFG sites seem super elitist, guess I won't be raiding this time around.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I have been taking advantage of the double rewards to load on shards and prisms just in time for BL.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Is the Prismatic Recaster being updated for the new Season to have new/current gear? I don't remember it being mentioned at all recently. Or maybe it will have all the same stuff since it's a last season thing? Anyone know?

LawfulEnder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Might end up having to wait a few days before I can jump in this time because my TV is getting repaired, but I'm really looking forward to this.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Prismatic Recaster being updated for the new Season to have new/current gear? I don't remember it being mentioned at all recently. Or maybe it will have all the same stuff since it's a last season thing? Anyone know?

I assumed it would just disappear at the end of the season.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Great OT! Finished all of the raids being vaulted so I'm feeling really happy and excited for the new expansion. Since it's included in Game Pass I think I might get the season pass bundle this year. What I'm less sure on is if I'll wait for the next gen enhancement to play or not.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
First time I won't be buying a new Destiny title/expansion at launch. Of all the highs and horrible lows Bungie has put this game and its fans through, this was the one that pushed too far. I'm never going to be down with sunsetting loot and then putting it back into the loot pool and expecting me to go acquire it again. I'm never going to be down with the concept of vaulting content. Will I still buy Beyond Light? Yeah, probably - eventually. I'll play the campaign, and drop back out. My time being hooked by Destiny is over though. And to think people cheered with they split from Activision; what a farce. I should be playing Destiny 3 this fall.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
First time I won't be buying a new Destiny title/expansion at launch. Of all the highs and horrible lows Bungie has put this game and its fans through, this was the one that pushed too far. I'm never going to be down with sunsetting loot and then putting it back into the loot pool and expecting me to go acquire it again. I'm never going to be down with the concept of vaulting content. Will I still buy Beyond Light? Yeah, probably - eventually. I'll play the campaign, and drop back out. My time being hooked by Destiny is over though. And to think people cheered with they split from Activision; what a farce. I should be playing Destiny 3 this fall.
bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.