• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I think there's definitely going to be further changes to that Nov 10-17 window. Destiny 2 expansion, AC Valhalla and Cyberpunk - I think one of them gets pushed again.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
this sucks but anything to get the story back on track. I'm so excited about learning how the Darkness will attack. While we wont find out everything in beyond light, at least they are committed to the story.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, guess im ok with it.
Wont be picking it up until im done the 1st batch of PS5 launch titles, this way i dont creat a back log cause once i start playing Destiny i pretty much ignore everything else.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Like i know with the pandemic and all its tough to commit to a deadline, but delaying after announcing a RD only a month ago seems like Bungie jumped the gun too early? Maybe they hoped the pandemic would be more controlled, idk just speculating here.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Man, November gon' hurt.

Like i know with the pandemic and all its tough to commit to a deadline, but delaying after announcing a RD only a month ago seems like Bungie jumped the gun too early? Maybe they hoped the pandemic would be more controlled, idk just speculating here.

I think the latter. Most, myself included, figured things would have some normalcy in the summer, and that's just not panning out to be the case. The additions in Beyond Light hit some fundamental points, so they've probably come to grips with the fact that they're not going to have access to their full dev pipeline like they originally planned.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm okay with this!

Year 3/Shadowkeep has been my least favorite year in the entire Destiny franchise but they pulled me back in with this final season. It's legitimately very good.

Since I've been out of it for so long, this hopefully means more time to catch up on a bunch of stuff and complete the Moments of Triumph.

But given the new release date, I'm wondering if it will be possible to start Beyond Light on one of the new consoles. If so, I'm definitely doing that.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

They knew the September date internally for quite a while. And it needs to get announced so that pre-orders and marketing can start up. And as time went on, they realized they wouldn't hit it.

It's a pretty unprecedented time. Everything is up in the air.

Ballou

Apr 2, 2020
Unfortunate, but definitely understandable. It'll be weird to not be playing the new Destiny release in September/October, though.

Capricorn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that really sucks but it's understandable. Hope Bungie pulls something half as good as Forsaken was.

I've got to admit that the Beyond Light teaser trailers made me beyond hyped (sorry, I had to), I can't remember the last time I rewatched multiple times a single trailer for a game voluntarily (the constant Youtube ad spam helps as well, I guess), but on the other hand I've been catching up on all the content since Season of the Drifter, so hopefully I'll be able to take a break once I complete all the raids and exotic quests I have left so I don't burn myself out again before the new expansion drops!

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
"'This Week At Bungie' will make an early appearance today with details on how we can better enjoy an extended Season of Arrivals. "

Moooore bounties. Maybe more Iron Banner. -.-"

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what that means for the current season and MOT/Solstice Armor.
They'll probably push Solstice of Heroes back (from current plan of 08 August), the final Exotic, and any new Extraction/Cradle quests. I think they're going to try their best to give decent buffers on either end of these major mid-season content drops, so that they don't have a huge void between 22 September and 10 November.

It's been mentioned before but this gives more chances to run Iron Banners.

Faction Rallies might finally come back too! (This is a joke.)

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I'm always impressed with a delay these days. Good on Bungie, if you need more time to cook, take it.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
As someone who is just coming back after a year off, I have more than enough content to get me to November. I feel for the hardcore who are looking forward to something new though. I'm sure its been tough finishing up a major expansion under these conditions, I hope the people at Bungie don't have to crunch to hard, and take their time to make Beyond Light great. Good luck and godspeed to the devs.

Oct 27, 2017
Shit I forgot about Halo Infinite. That's Beyond Light, Cyberpunk, Valhalla, and potentially Halo in the same month. Fucking hell...

People will be thankful there are big games to come back to through 2021.

Bungie have specifically cited COVID-19 difficulties have contributed to this delay and there will be more and more of that over the next 12-18 months.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary

Bungie.net

Season11_Calendar_LOC_EN.jpg

Ashilyn

Oct 27, 2017
I have a few friends that work at BUngie and one has been dying to talk about this. Knowing how tough things have been with them having to wrk remotely through the pandemic, this is is only a good things and I'm honestly glad they did it. Things like the Traveler's Chosen ornmanet being delayed make a lot more sense now. I hope Moments of Triumph gets extended too. Can't wait for This Week At Bungie to go live.

It's nice to have more time to do raids and such, since friends of mine are finally just getting into the game and I finally have people I know to do raids with, but I worry about how the gap is going to be bridged for most people without a huge player dropoff as people wait between content drops. At least this is a big expansion we're getting and not part of a disappointing patch cycle (I'm looking at you, FFXIV).

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yay, with the delay I might actually be able to afford it before it releases now.

Good thing I give no fucks about a certain other game releasing in the same window that's made by transphobes.