• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
No LFG in game makes no sense. They had those Guided Games and totally gave up on that.

It's content that you need to find random people to play with outside of the game instead of inside the game.

if they don't want to do matchmaking for Dungeons or hard Nightfalls okay, sure. But then do LFG in-game. It sucks for solo players.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I'm counting what has been vaulted as what has been vaulted. Warframe is a game about grinding and collecting. Cutting off objectively better versions of frames from players with a fomo system is not something I support.
Yet you are given multiple months to acquire them, get returned to the game during "unvaulting events", and technically are always available through player trading. I find that hard to categorize as "FOMO".

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
All this hype and I totally forgot THEY ARE ADDING A WHOLE NEW ELEMENT TO THE GAME

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
But you also complained earlier about "the hours I wasted to play with randoms"... That's exactly why we don't want a completely random matchmaking experience, because it leads to exactly that, an immense waste of time. If you put more effort into the LFG process you wouldn't have wasted as much of your precious life's time, finding the right group is paramount.

Please read carefully. I didn't waste my time playing with anyone. I wasted time looking for people to play. Someone enters an LFG group, someone leaves, it can take forever. Especially for the raid that is not current. Try LFG-ying for the Leviathan mini raids.

Absolutely that is something that should be in the game and I really hope they finally put ingame lfg in.

Ok but again they put effort into it. Which is why an ingame lfg makes sense for raids but matchmaking without restrictions would be a pretty bad experience.

But I didn't. Got to the required LL and went looking for randoms. I'm always surprised by people who are against matchmaking because: why do you care? You clearly would never stoop to it and you've got a tight-knit group of friends to play, why do you care about someone like me playing with randoms? Why are you against making someone like me experience all the content of the game, in-game? It's not like the game will make me look for a clan or likeminded friends. Just baffling that you're against players having a choice.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't see a positive in taking content out. I've got a decently size hdd. I'm ready for it.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the No Time to Explain catalyst isn't tied to the season pass because that would be some bullshit for those who come in late...

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
You fully recognize this is ridiculous.
I do and them removing 5 locations and activities along with their quests and what not should have equal returns and frankly waiting another 12 months for 3 seasons to be done just to play more fully released content is fucking dumb.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
This seasons seems pretty light on content.

I think I'll try to play it as a f2p player and see how it goes lol

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
Are they going to get rid of half of the materials and currency's too or have they already? It was getting pretty hard to keep track of everything before I quit.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yes, I'm counting what has been vaulted as what has been vaulted. Warframe is a game about grinding and collecting. Cutting off objectively better versions of frames from players with a fomo system is not something I support.

I already explained why your comparison on the last page was absolutely ridiculous.

They are removing 3-year-old content -- the majority of which almost no one plays anymore.

That is not what FOMO is. At all. You tried to compare it to the current complaint about FOMO which is related to activities and rewards disappearing after three months.

Factually not the same thing and that is why you were being disingenuous.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I cannot remember the last time I stepped foot on an old planet unless directed by the game. I'm not just walking around Titan for fun.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I honestly don't see a positive in taking content out. I've got a decently size hdd. I'm ready for it.

They explained in detail that it isn't just about hard drive space.

Maintaining that much content in perpetuity slows down our ability to update the game with fresh experiences, reduces our ability to innovate, and delays our reaction to community feedback. The test surface alone is massive, to say nothing about how it impacts our designers, artists, and engineers trying to make cool new stuff every day under the weight of the crushing complexity of our scale.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Think I'll wait for next gen before jumping back in, load times have just killed any desire I have to play and don't like the Seasons much, but nice having a long roadmap for the big stuff.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
We need to talk about the George Floyd tribute.
nas.png

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I do and them removing 5 locations and activities along with their quests and what not should have equal returns and frankly waiting another 12 months for 3 seasons to be done just to play more fully released content is fucking dumb.

I agree that it sucks that they're being taken out.

But they also explained that no one plays them. The only truly bad impact this has is on the strike playlist.

But given their explanation, which I will paste again...

Maintaining that much content in perpetuity slows down our ability to update the game with fresh experiences, reduces our ability to innovate, and delays our reaction to community feedback. The test surface alone is massive, to say nothing about how it impacts our designers, artists, and engineers trying to make cool new stuff every day under the weight of the crushing complexity of our scale.

... I'll take strikes being rotated in and out of the playlist if it means better quality updates and patches.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
What's an easy mode raid in Destiny? It's not really the enemies that make a Destiny raid more difficult than other activities, it's the mechanics and coordination required. So is an Easy Mode Raid a raid stripped of its mechanics? What's the point? You wouldn't really be seeing the content you think you're missing out on.

I would be following the story. WHo gives a shit about mechanics. I want to play an expansion/beat the bosses.
Dumb it down, why would i care?

also, this doesn't remove the difficulty of the raids for those who want it.

All we want are options.
There should be an option for every destiny player to in some way experience all the content

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The equivalent would be Warframe scrapping a lot of their older content and allowing players to unlock items from that content by other means, something Warframe desperately needs.

The last time I played Warframe, I was playing an old story mission trying to play catch up, and turns out there's a game breaking bug that makes it impossible to complete that was introduced some time after it originally came out.

A game like Warframe hit a point where it has so much content that when they add or revise anything, there's absolutely no way they can guarantee it didn't break old content. And it's not even high priority for them to fix these issues.

Edit: I forgot that what you're describing is something Warframe actually does. Warframe actively prevents players from unlocking better items, whereas Destiny isn't vaulting gear as far as I know.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why even have story at all? If majority of players don't bother with the campaign content just create random locations and loot for players to grind it. People complain about Destiny's lack of story but it's becoming more and more clear to me that both Bungie and the fanbase don't care about the story at all.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Read through everything now and am surprisingly pleased with some system changes and will give this a try

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
What's an easy mode raid in Destiny? It's not really the enemies that make a Destiny raid more difficult than other activities, it's the mechanics and coordination required. So is an Easy Mode Raid a raid stripped of its mechanics? What's the point? You wouldn't really be seeing the content you think you're missing out on.
Final Fantasy XIV raids have "normal" mode that can be matchmade and cleared on the first time. They aren't similar to WoW raids and probably fall closer to D2 encounters than they do WoW with a focus on mechanics and repitition.

They basically just make the mechanics less punishing and less mechanics overall.

So, as an example, let's just say the Sanctified Mind "easy mode" or whatever requires half of the orbs to charge the towers, the Cyclops' don't spawn, the people going to grab the motes get teleported automatically, and the fireteam gets the "long" version of the boss' damage phase by only getting one of the two towers to tether.

That way the mechanics are still largely the same, they just don't require as much from the group.

Mechanics don't need to be stripped out, they could just be stripped down pretty easily tbh. I mean hell, FFXIV does this for 4 unique encounters every six months. Destiny releases one raid (with about 4 encounters) every year.

TCB

Oct 19, 2019
I already explained why your comparison on the last page was absolutely ridiculous.

They are removing 3-year-old content -- the majority of which almost no one plays anymore.

That is not what FOMO is. At all. You tried to compare it to the current complaint about FOMO which is related to activities and rewards disappearing after three months.

Factually not the same thing and that is why you were being disingenuous.

You're right in that it's not FOMO, but it still creates time pressure to do things before content is removed. Which is one of the main reasons people don't like FOMO to begin with.

Also, even though that content may come back, we don't know what the timeline will be for cycling content in and out. For instance, if Leviathan is removed, it may not be put back in for another year. We also don't know if that content will be updated in some way (new loot, removal of older loot, etc.).

So I get why people would be annoyed, even if it only effects a minority of players.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I'd love that, actually. Glorified strikes with matchmaking, something to run when I'm bored and want to get gear. You can keep shaders and probably weapons in the raid itself, but having an armor set available while being able to see story elements that I don't want to bother raiding for would be great.

It's why D1 raids were 1,000 times more interesting - they didn't require everyone to be 100% on their game. You could carry people. It was more fun, and the mechanics they did have were interesting. At this point even if I wanted to raid I'd have no way of finding a patient group that wasn't just there to get their goodies and bounce. I'd be actively holding them back. I went from raiding all the time in D1 to pretty much never touching them in D2.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
But aren't they replacing it with other content? They'll always have something on their plates to deal with.

They think they are at their limit, that's why they said this fall they will pull more content at once than in the future. Once they hit the balance they like they will maintain it.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Did I hear this right...

They're vaulting content to essentially.... save space? lol

What games have ever done that? That seems kind of weird, no?

It's even more weird they're doing that given they self-label themselves as an "action MMO". What MMO removes content from the game? The whole point of an MMO is to have a massive amount of content. I get they're under technical constraints, but that's super odd.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Why even have story at all? If majority of players don't bother with the campaign content just create random locations and loot for players to grind it. People complain about Destiny's lack of story but it's becoming more and more clear to me that both Bungie and the fanbase don't care about the story at all.
leaked screenshot:
66db4c87ec22dd7f0eaf14b8e6ae9492e45b3041_hq.jpg

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
You're right in that it's not FOMO, but it still creates time pressure to do things before content is removed. Which is one of the main reasons people don't like FOMO to begin with.

Also, even though that content may come back, we don't know what the timeline will be for cycling content in and out. For instance, if Leviathan is removed, it may not be put back in for another year. We also don't know if that content will be updated in some way (new loot, removal of older loot, etc.).

So I get why people would be annoyed, even if it only effects a minority of players.

I mean, I get it. I'm one of the biggest anti-FOMO people in the community, most likely. This was likely my least favorite year of Destiny because of the FOMO in the season model.

But this stuff is three years old at this point. My dream game is that every piece of content (including D1!) is in the game permanently but based on their reasoning, I get it. Game development isn't easy.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
These trailers look pretty great, and I'm glad to see they're finally circling back to the most interesting (to me) story beats.

Unfortunately they've spent the last 3 seasons burning me out on the core gameplay loops (i.e. "everything was bounties") so I'm going to keep my hype in check for now. But I'll consider myself cautiously optimistic.

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So if i'm sub 900 - if i buy this season do i get any lift to let me play this content without a lot of difficulties

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So anyone else worried that we are fighting fallen in the next expansion? Are we really not getting the new enemy race until 2022?

Oct 25, 2017
Fortaleza

I think removing the wipe mechanics would work.

Like The menagerie, if the team could not wipe I can see everyone being able to complete a raid.