• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Destiny 2 will eventually be no longer supported on current gen systems. I am almost 100% confident that the LightFall expansion in 2022 will be next gen exclusive.

They did the same thing with Destiny and last gen. Taken King (or was it Rise of Iron?) left behind 360 and PS3.
This -

Lightfall is the cut-off transition into D3.

Racerprose

Banned
Aug 26, 2019
Bungie give and Bungie take. Thanks for giving us your money, now we will take all that content away from you and MAYBE bring it back. Fuck you Bungie. I'm gone.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
What does naff mean? Because this is great for new players. I came back to D2 with Shadowkeep after not playing much since launch and was absolutely overwhelmed with the amount of shit. Quest log immediately at capacity, never any room for bounties, don't know what to do / how to do / why to do. It was a goddamn nightmare. That shit is an immediate turn-off to people just downloading to try it out.

This is an interesting way to look at it and something I just heard from a friend as well.

She watched the stream and said that it feels like Beyond Light will be a good time to jump in and that it won't feel as overwhelming as it would have.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Raids would be virtually unplayable with ingame matchmaking. It seems like you need to comprehend what your saying. an ingame LFG is a fair compromise. Anyone calling for matchmaking for raids should be ignored.

This is exactly what they said would happen because people are not playing the content in those planets.

Again, I played and finished every raid with randoms, so yes, they are playable with 'matchmaking'.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Destiny 2 will eventually be no longer supported on current gen systems. I am almost 100% confident that the LightFall expansion in 2022 will be next gen exclusive.

They did the same thing with Destiny and last gen. Taken King (or was it Rise of Iron?) left behind 360 and PS3.

Yup, there is going to be an end date for current gen sooner than later.

Again, I played and finished every raid with randoms, so yes, they are playable with 'matchmaking'.

Not at all the same come on. There is a level of curation to LFG that does not exist with matchmaking. Unless Bungie wanted to add a crap load of parameters to it to weed out things like subclass, light level, etc.

Not at all a one to one comparison

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
This is an interesting way to look at it and something I just heard from a friend as well.

She watched the stream and said that it feels like Beyond Light will be a good time to jump in and that it won't feel as overwhelming as it would have.
True, this new season is as bloated as the game will ever be.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
How will this work with the campaigns? Vaulting those planets completely destroys the campaigns.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wowza that's 2/3's of the game gone good one.

EN_1.jpg

and they don't want the cosmodrome to be back in it's full potential? Like what the fuck did you just remove 5 locations for????
That is just a "Frankenstein monster" version of a game. You have one zone from Vanilla D1. Two zones from Vanilla D2, the Forsaken and Shadowkeep expansions and now Beyond Light.
The irony of this still being called Destiny 2 while having all content vanilla D2 removed is not lost on me.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
I saw a bunch of frozen things and ice particles.

Is that the new subclasses? Was there a new race shown? Did not see it.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I think there is a middleground for Raids.

For example, no matchmaking when it first launches. Add it in a few weeks later. Have there be caveats:

- Must be a certain LL.
- Game must detect mic.
- You must have beaten the Raid once from start to finish.

But also, yes, the lack of an in-game LFG is insane.
I think this many years in addressing things like this is far overdue. I hope they do something! Luke just mentioned that they are reworking face customization right now so that's an example of that. Really hope they do that for LFG/matchmaking and other aspects of the game (elements on armors).

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm pretty sure Luke just hinted that they might be dropping blues and greens this fall. Anyone else get that from the interview with Lupo?

I think this many years in addressing things like this is far overdue. I hope they do something! Luke just mentioned that they are reworking face customization right now so that's an example of that. Really hope they do that for LFG/matchmaking and other aspects of the game (elements on armors).

Totally missed the face customization thing.

I don't want to change my faces but I hope it at least automatically fixes them. All my D1 characters were made ugly in D2.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I'm pretty sure Luke just hinted that they might be dropping blues and greens this fall. Anyone else get that from the interview with Lupo?

I got the opposite. Why have rarity colors when after a certain point all you want is purples and gold's? Got to have a purpose to having rarity levels. I think they may reintroduce them but not with this expansion.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I think long-time players are pretty blind to how it feels coming in fresh. All the weird quests and mechanics in the dreaming city, the regional things on Mars, even simply stuff like EP, it's just so much for new players to handle on top of the campaigns (which are not exactly straightforward to even begin), and fresh guardians have all of it in their quest logs shortly after they start the game. It feels so disjointed and sloppy, and there's just so much. The game badly needed to be streamlined.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Yup, there is going to be an end date for current gen sooner than later.

Not at all the same come on. There is a level of curation to LFG that does not exist with matchmaking. Unless Bungie wanted to add a crap load of parameters to it to weed out things like subclass, light level, etc.

Not at all a one to one comparison

There already is light level gating in the game for some activites, so I don't see a reason why it couldn't be gated to level/loadout.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You played it with people that put in effort to play, if they were matchmaking without restrictions than you would be in here complaining how bad of an experience it was and than what? like come on put some thought into your posts.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not being disingenuous lmao. Some people, especially when it involves coordinating a group of friends together, don't consume content as it comes up. Also same reason why we dropped warframe (vaulting of content)
Other than Trials (raids), I'm not aware of any content that has been vaulted in Warframe, unless you're counting Prime variants.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
They should have made a destiny 3 just for the face customization. Wow D2 lacks in that regard.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
MM for high level content is something they've generally seemed to be really stubborn about, so I'm not too confident about it.

Guided Games was a pretty half-assed attempt, given their contemporaries in the MMO space have had this issue solved for literally years.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
How will this work with the campaigns? Vaulting those planets completely destroys the campaigns.

They're gone.

From their blog:

For example: Warmind's campaign represents only 0.3% of all time played in Season of the Worthy and yet the Warmind Expansion accounts for 5% of our total install size.

It's really hard to argue that those campaigns should be kept in the game if it comes at the cost of development of new content.

Hopefully they find a way to bring them back as tech gets better with the next gen consoles but I find it really hard to complain, given that statistic.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
They aren't 'random' if you've gone through the extra step of searching for them manually and cherrypicking the most viable option, that's just hilariously stupid to say that it's the same.

Surely you can realize there's a difference between finding a curated group with an advertised purpose and skill level yourself versus having no control whatsoever and ending up with 5 people with a racial slur for a clan name or whatever awful shitty people you could end up lobbying with.

Again, in game LFG is the answer, not matchmaking.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
You played it with people that put in effort to play, if they were matchmade if you played it than you would be in here complaining how bad of an experience it was and than what? like come on put some thought into your posts.

No, played with complete randoms, no curation, only req was the level of raid, first come, first serve, because I have a life I don't want to waste on looking for game hookups.

They aren't 'random' if you've gone through the extra step of searching for them manually and cherrypicking the most viable option, that's just hilariously stupid to say that it's the same.

Surely you can realize there's a difference between finding a curated group with an advertised purpose and skill level yourself versus having no control whatsoever and ending up with 5 people with a racial slur for a clan name or whatever awful shitty people you could end up lobbying with.

Again, in game LFG is the answer, not matchmaking.

But I didn't: you've got a pulse? You're in. See above.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is a massive undertaking when with LFG you just say "need Warlock with divinity; be 1010 or higher". In game LFG is far more agile than matchmaking. I'd rather have that.
Absolutely that is something that should be in the game and I really hope they finally put ingame lfg in.

No, played with complete randoms, no curation, only req was the level of raid, first come, first serve, because I have a life I don't want to waste on looking for game hookups.
Ok but again they put effort into it. Which is why an ingame lfg makes sense for raids but matchmaking without restrictions would be a pretty bad experience.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Other than Trials (raids), I'm not aware of any content that has been vaulted in Warframe, unless you're counting Prime variants.
Yes, I'm counting what has been vaulted as what has been vaulted. Warframe is a game about grinding and collecting. Cutting off objectively better versions of frames from players with a fomo system is not something I support.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So Beyond Light + Season Pass is what I should pre-order? I already have a season pass for the current season that just started today.

Or will just the standard Beyond Light purchase be enough?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That is a massive undertaking when with LFG you just say "need Warlock with divinity; be 1010 or higher". In game LFG is far more agile than matchmaking. I'd rather have that.

I love how I post something like this for LFG yet 50% of the time I will STILL get either a warlock w/o Divinity or a Hunter/Titan asking if they can still join then cussing me out when I tell them no.

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, it was Rise of Iron.

This is a good way to go about it. Current gen still getting over 2 years of support.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if there will be story reasons for the areas being removed or will that just be relegated to patch notes?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I 100% expect "The Witch Queen" expansion will bring back the Dreadnaught.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I love how I post something like this for LFG yet 50% of the time I will STILL get either a warlock w/o Divinity or a Hunter/Titan asking if they can still join they cussing me out when I tell them no.

It sucks yes, but do you honestly expect a matchmaking system to be as tailored as a LFG request? There are so many variables to account for there is no way for a matchmaking system to appease everyone.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Wow has "easy mode " raids with matchmaking with worse gear but at least you can see the co ntent. that is all i want

Jun 17, 2018
Got to max light level on release and got bored so left it. Now that it has a few expansions and more coming, I'd love to finally get back into it once I've finished a few games in the backlog.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
That is just a "Frankenstein monster" version of a game. You have one zone from Vanilla D1. Two zones from Vanilla D2, the Forsaken and Shadowkeep expansions and now Beyond Light.
The irony of this still being called Destiny 2 while having all content vanilla D2 removed is not lost on me.
Yeah seriously Europa better be fucking the size of all 5 of those combined. Not to mention better bring back all D1 content then.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017

But I didn't: you've got a pulse? You're in. See above.
But you also complained earlier about "the hours I wasted to play with randoms"... That's exactly why we don't want a completely random matchmaking experience, because it leads to exactly that, an immense waste of time. If you put more effort into the LFG process you wouldn't have wasted as much of your precious life's time, finding the right group is paramount.