• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
This is a wild ass strategy. As someone who's mostly just a Destiny tourist, though, I think it's pretty cool. I can play my 20-30 hours every few months and have fun new skyboxes and locations to gawk at.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to play some more Density after barely playing this season. Hopefully this will be more engaging...

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2 is temporarily at capacity

the hype is real, y'all

IllumiNate

Nov 18, 2018
Canada
I know they said they don't want to put another number on the box but dear god vaulting is purely down to current gen limitations and a new number on the box doesn't mean that you automatically have to start everything over. This is outright bonkers stuff and in my opinion a huge mistake.

Why the fuck can't Destiny 3 be a 2022 next gen exclusive, fully cross platform multiplayer game that lets you import your character, progress and four weapons and four pieces of armor of choice (1 exotic each) from Destiny 2 and they can get rid of all the patching limitations and giant file size due to duplication. It's doesn't even have to look massively better, just touch up the old stuff like you're going to do anyway.

Now we will be stuck with a game on next gen consoles that will be limited by PS4s horrible file system and current gen gamers can get the shit stomped out of them when playing against next gen console owners who are running circles around them in 60 fps. Man that's sure worth keeping last gen support for.
This guy gets it

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My clan was pretty excited until the article showing exactly what gets removed. All those Raids plus Menagerie leaving hurts.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Wowza that's 2/3's of the game gone good one.

EN_1.jpg

and they don't want the cosmodrome to be back in it's full potential? Like what the fuck did you just remove 5 locations for????
To make room for new shit

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that they are planning to get rid of Leviathan... No more Menagerie?

Oct 29, 2017
Everything looked pretty good to me as a longtime but off-and-on player (I totally skipped the most recent season).

When does Arrivals start, is it up right now?

TCB

Oct 19, 2019
I'm not sure I like the idea of removing older content. File size doesn't matter to me on PC, but I get the patching issues. I guess ideally I would have preferred the game be split up into parts, with the option to have all content or only relevant content.

This has all been just announced so it's hard to know how it will play out, but this just creates more FOMO for players. I still haven't finished all the Leviathan stuff yet, so now I feel time pressure to do so. Someone will inevitably say I've had more than enough time to play it, but I'm a New Light player and it's been difficult just keeping up with this game as is.

I also don't trust Bungie not to mess this up. Everything in the game is so tied together, I have no idea how removing older locations is going to effect the game as a whole. Won't they have to waste time shuffling around content tied to those locations? Don't you go to those areas in the campaigns? I guess those are removed as well now? It's a lot to think about...

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
They've given no indication that they've even thought of it yet, though. I really just want the idea to circulate in the fan base and at Bungie until it's made a reality. Seeing that 2 all the way into 2023 is making my brain hurt.

I don't think it's something they would mention now if it's not happening this year.

I think it could happen with The Witch Queen, given that will be the first expansion that launches when next gen consoles are out.

Konosuke

Oct 29, 2017
It sounds good but not the anwser I was looking for, most of my friends are playing on PC. I get that Xbox - PS has to wait, but why not PC on each now.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's refreshing to see people here actually get it sinking in and realize how bad this "vaulting" stuff is and that's not even accounting for the fact of sunsetting weapons/gear.

These are all decisions that are good for Bungie but not good for the player.

While I don't like the idea of losing that content, it also isn't "content" to the vast majority of players at this point. No one is really going to Titan or Mercury for anything. The only thing it impacts for content people play now are the strikes. That sucks, absolutely, but they explained their reasoning and it's hard to argue.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I like the idea of removing older content. File size doesn't matter to me on PC, but I get the patching issues. I guess ideally I would have preferred the game be split up into parts, with the option to have all content or only relevant content.

This has all been just announced so it's hard to know how it will play out, but this just creates more FOMO for players. I still haven't finished all the Leviathan stuff yet, so now I feel time pressure to do so. Someone will inevitably say I've had more than enough time to play it, but I'm a New Light player and it's been difficult just keeping up with this game as is.

I also don't trust Bungie not to mess this up. Everything in the game is so tied together, I have no idea how removing older locations is going to effect the game as a whole. Won't they have to waste time shuffling around content tied to those locations? Don't you go to those areas in the campaigns? I guess those are removed as well now? It's a lot to think about...

It's just another obscure system layer being placed upon the player. Bungie likes to make these complex complicated systems that flummox their user base-and then stubbornly stand by those systems. We still have different element gear which is something no one likes but exists just because it's easier for Bungie to make content that people can't build optimized load outs for. Again-these needlessly complex systems and decisions are for Bungie's benefit. Not ours.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
They already said that the game was pushing 150GB. They simply can't keep everything anymore, not unless you want Lightfall to be 300 GB and take over most of your hard drive.
You wouldn't see this shit if Bungie had stayed with Activision, they have no trouble expanding Modern Warfare with 100GB weekly patches. /s

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So they are vaulting a load of content to save space and then in a years time they can announce loads of new content is coming!

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
yo, we are ten minutes into this season

and shit just got real

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
It's frustrating. It makes sense for Raids but Dungeons should have them out of the gate. Just make sure that the game needs to detect a mic to use the option.

There's no sense in any of it. Finished all raids up to Forsaken. The hours I wasted on LFG to still play with 5 complete strangers, no thank you.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
That all looked amazing. Vaulting stuff is needed, the games way too bloated and with no D3 coming, they can't just keep adding new stuff. The file size alone would take up half your hard drive. Can't wait to give some of the old D1 raids/strikes a go, so many great memories with those.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Removal of content?

Rubbish. Absolute naff for players coming in fresh. We can enjoy the vast and expansive world of Destiny, but only 4 planets at a time.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Have they said anything about FOMO? If i don't play for a few months and miss out on tons of shit when i later return, i have zero reason to boot the game up.

EDIT:
-"Hey guys we know we fucked up with the FOMO, our bad we'll fix this"

-"Hey guys you better get everything you want from vanilla + season pass like the whisper cuz its cycling out"

Guess that answers it.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
-"Hey guys we know we fucked up with the FOMO, our bad we'll fix this"

-"Hey guys you better get everything you want from vanilla + season pass like the whisper cuz its cycling out"

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I literally lost my shit when the darkness subclasses were shown and when they said Vault was coming back.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no sense in any of it. Finished all raids up to Forsaken. The hours I wasted on LFG to still play with 5 complete strangers, no thank you.
There is tons of sense to it, matchmaking the raids would make it unbearable. Dungeons should have matchmaking but raids no. Ingame LFG would be good for raids though.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
how will the retiring of content effect single player campaign stuff?

If I'm a new Destiny 2 player and I jump in, in September with the new expansion will I be able to play the campaign that launched with destiny 2 in 2017 or is that out the window???

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
With how strong aim assist Bungie loves in their games I wouldn't be shocked if padders absolutely shit on KBM players in D2 PvP.
If they did shit on KBM more people would be using controller on PC already. That same aim assist is there if you use that. It's actually is already a problem with 1 gun but that's all I can think of. Referring to the Last word hip fire with controller to be clear.