• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I love that we know where we are going. No more speculating on the future of the game. Very firmly laid out plans.

Also bodes well for the storytelling if they know the exact path this far out.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to get WoW vibes from Destiny.

Feels very lore heavy and impenetrable for a very casual player to jump back in and have any idea of what's going on.

Glad about the next gen stuff, and glad it's getting some form of cross play?

lol-no. I started playing last year. Figured things out in about a month. If anything, I think it lacks a ton of depth.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Is Destiny 2 worth jumping in for someone playing alone? Interested in the lore and story and the gameplay is fun, but I can't get any of my friends to jump in. Watching this stream made me super interested.

I've played primarily solo for 6 years and I've had a good time. There's a decent amount of content you can do by yourself and everything but raids is doable (as in the level of difficulty of the content is manageable) with matchmaking.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That was a strong showing from Bungie. Hopefully they can be more consistent going forward and get past the inconsistent highs and lows they've had since the start.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
No matchmaking for endgame content means they haven't learned anything :/

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
THIS WAS SO FREAKING GOOD!! EVERYTHING SOUNDS AMAZING
I mean another seasonal public event is meh
But still
IM SO FREAKING EXCITED AHHHHH

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The trailers were neat. Bungie is always good at that. But I care more about the nuts and bolts. Aside from the Darkness Sub-Class/element this new expansion looks like more of the same gameplay with the same weapon archetypes, same enemy factions, etc. That's kind of boring, IMO.

I'm interested in reading what they are changing about the nuts and bolts: armor, perks, trash loot drops, content that is going to be vaulted and content to be recycled, etc.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Destiny 2 worth jumping in for someone playing alone? Interested in the lore and story and the gameplay is fun, but I can't get any of my friends to jump in. Watching this stream made me super interested.
It's free to play so you can try it out.
I've played Destiny 2 mostly solo and it's a lot of fun. Outside of raids and dungeons everything can be done solo.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Agreed. Luke admitted they've made mistakes and quickly changed the subject but I wanted to hear more of a specific acknowledgment of what mistakes they feel they've made and how they will address them.

Instead it was "We haven't been perfect-but hey watch this!"

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everything was perfect aside from the lack of matchmaking. That fucking blows that they still didn't add it.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm okay with everything; less WoW where all content is available forever, and more of a curated "mixtape" situation where only a handful of things are relevant at any given time. Obviously new content is going to be relevant all the time, which is fine by me. Its all in how you spin it.

Also storywise seeing the Exo again, and hearing her explain that we're in an Endgame / Edge of Tomorrow situation is mad cool. I basically assumed as much for a long time, but its nice to get confirmation.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Of course they haven't. They're great at putting together hype trailers, people take the bait (again), and then two weeks after release people look around and say "that's it?". It's been happening consistently since D2 release and people keep falling for it.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing announced to make me immediately reinstall it but that new expansion looks cool.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So are they going to address how dull the seasonal content has been? Or how the game had become a job instead of an entertainment platform? Most of my friends have quit and there was nothing in this that will bring them back.

Are dungeons that hard that they can't have matchmaking? I've not touched them because of it so a new one does nothing to excite me.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Got some spare cash on the Xbox. Despite playing mainly on PC with all the DLC now, if I get Shadowkeep for the X1, I'd be able to get the new season pass, right? Or is that only with the upgrade edition thing?

Oct 26, 2017
the whole "looking at crossplay next year" is a load of nonsense. Other devs have said how easy this is, it is the usual Bungie Smoke and Mirrors no doubt relating to some console exclusivity.

I will be staying away for the time being not buying content on multiple devices so I can play with friends on all platforms.
Cross-buy must be super hard for them too, lol.

I would have been really hyped with proper crossplay and the prospects of putting together enough friends for raids and whatnot. Maybe I could even accept playing on Series X for a year since it's 60fps (FOV slider tho?) but yeah, double dipping on the expansions? Yeah no thx.

Hopefully some other big GaaS titles announce true crossplay to shame them further.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Disappointed the full rollout of the the new enemy faction is gonna take two years, unless I misunderstood