• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

D0gdVn_WoAUJxyN.png

Destination Playstation is a closed off event for retailers where Sony is showcasing the products releasing in the upcoming year.
A marketer posted screenshots from the event with one of them clearly showing The Last of Us Part 2, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima and lastly Days Gone.
We still do not know about the release windows of the first three, but the fact they were shown in there, likely means that Sony is aiming to launch all 3 before the end of Q1 2020.

Update:
The stage show the first day is just a hype show. They show the same videos and games that are already public. Everything about unannounced games is done in the casitas or meeting rooms, not in the theater show on day 1.

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I fuckin' knew it, I was always team 2019 for Death Stranding.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be pretty crazy if 2019 window is a lock for these.

Nobody get your hopes up

Nobody

Nobody let the hype take over!!!

Travless

Mar 7, 2018
Now this is a legitimate beat to go off of. Good catch!

Side note, huge fan of the astral PlayStation aesthetic they've been using the past few years at industry events.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
There's also images floating around which show which third parties participated in the event:

Square Enix, Activision/Blizzard, Ubisoft, Bandai Namco and Konami.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
They haven't even shown a year. Normally Sony would have at least said "2019" by now if that was the case.
Also imo, the announcement of the PS5 is probably happening this year.
Maybe the actual dates will be revealed at that presser.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony can't chill for a year?

I thought 2019 was going to be quiet ;)

CypressFX

Banned
Feb 25, 2019
Wait, I don't understand right - does this mean we are gettin all of them in 2020 or 2019 :SSS

Because something in the Instagram description says about 2018, was this event in 2018?

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's way more likely none of them will make 2019 instead of all of them. Days Gone excluded of course.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Insane way to close out the generation. Might skip Days Gone, but the other 3 are must haves.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Those images look a little too crisp for that photo, but whatever, I'll believe it.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
The big three will not all come out this fiscal, there's just no way. 1 or 2 of them might. They have other stuff Days Gone, Concrete Genie, MediEvil, Dreams.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
Them showing those games does not confirm them for this year but I do wonder what the point is of showing them to retailers if they wouldn't be released relatively soon

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I only really care about Ghost of Tsushima but I'm really stoked about it so I hope that hits this year.