• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
I do feel bad for the guy who owns the West Hollywood CFA. His store sponsors local LGBTQ youth events and trans youth charities in an effort to mitigate the toxic sludge that is the home office, but I wonder how effective that is.

We have some good people that own the restaurants here in a Austin TX as well. The stores are franchised with many of the owners not being as bigoted as the parent company but the reality is the Cathy family can still do what they want with their cut and it sounds like they are.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I do feel bad for the guy who owns the West Hollywood CFA. His store sponsors local LGBTQ youth events and trans youth charities in an effort to mitigate the toxic sludge that is the home office, but I wonder how effective that is.

CFA continues to open new stores out west and continue to be extremely busy, I think CFA is immune to any kind of backlash, and like you say, many times the local franchisee is doing good things in the local community

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems weird to include: "$150,000 also went to the Salvation Army, which has a fraught history around LGBTQ issues."

I mean, what organization (or this entire country and voting public) doesn't have a shitty history when it comes to LGBTQ issues.

Well, in 2013 we found out that the Salvation Army was referring people to Conversion Therapy. Before that they've shown support for being against gay marriage as well as advocating celibacy for LGBT people.

They do a lot of good work, but "fraught history around LGBT issues" is pretty accurate.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Donating to basically any Christian organization is going to get him criticized. Giving to a "youth athletics" organization money sounds good until you see they expect their members to live full Christian lives of purity.

I don't understand why he just doesn't donate his own money and keep his company out of it.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Also to be fair, CFA is not in the same category as the fried chicken bros.

It's like arguing Taco Bell vs Pizza Hut, while you're in the combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
I've stopped eating at them trying to be more conscious about who I give my money too as best I can. Terrible organization.

Thizzles

Banned
Feb 9, 2019
at chick fil a's probably
Seriously I moved to Florida and these places are everywhere and packed day and night. I get why people will boycott. But if you're asking why they keep donating to these things just go to one near me and you'll realize that they're doing just fine even with people boycotting

Aiustis

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cybertronic Purgatory
Whenever I'm near one I usually stop in and grab some.
Don't live near one so it's maybe 3 or 4 times a year.
One of my favorite fastfood joints.
Idk the handful of people who care that much really affect them.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I'm near one I usually stop in and grab some.
Don't live near one so it's maybe 3 or 4 times a year.
One of my favorite fastfood joints.
Idk the handful of people who care that much really affect them.

Is this really the thread to talk about how much you love it though? Like, no one is going to stop you from eating there, but the thread's about the Anti-LGBT causes they support.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Hey, remember when they first said they weren't going to do this anymore, and we spent months immediately telling everyone they were absolutely going to keep doing it, but straights ignored us, looked the other way and said "apology accepted" so they could keep paying to eat bad chicken there's literal ingredients for freely available on the Internet?

If I sound or act like I've been fed up with this kind of bullshit for a while now, it's because I am

Seems weird to include: "$150,000 also went to the Salvation Army, which has a fraught history around LGBTQ issues."

I mean, what organization (or this entire country and voting public) doesn't have a shitty history when it comes to LGBTQ issues.

Refusing to provide service to a homeless gay couple unless they broke up, refusing to accept trans patients (one reportedly died when she chose to sleep outside in cold weather conditions in NY than be housed with men as according to the guidelines they told her she met due to the identity she was born with), and other anti-trans discrimination, publicly denouncing marriage equality in 2012 with other faith groups, firing a bi worker after finding out she was bi, promoting conversion therapy publicly until 2013

https://www.advocate.com/religion/2...rmy-we-meet-human-need-without-discrimination
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/zinnia-jones/the-salvation-armys-histo_b_4422938.html
https://imgur.com/gallery/M0Yf4

There's having a shitty history, and having a shitty history with a lot more volume of incidents even in just the current decade than most others

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I threw Chick-fil-a to the bushes quite some time ago, but I won't denigrate anyone who enjoys eating it. It is what it is, for some people, unfortunately.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
"Please stop calling us homophobic."

"Have you tried not being homophobic?"

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
Glad i stopped eating there (i'm basically a vegetarian now anyway) the first time this news came out years ago.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Well that sucks. I went there a few times recently, thinking they might've stopped with the shitty politics. Guess it's back to the boycott.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

I feel about as bad for them as I do Log Cabin Republicans. You knew who you were getting in bed with.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
At this point we're going to cancel everyone and everything and end up sad ☹️
It's really not hard to not donate millions to bigoted associations that push anti LGBTQ+ agenda... Believe it or not, most people don't want to destroy things, they just want companies to respect individuals instead of singling them out for who they are.

I guarantee you right now, if CFA stopped donating to these causes, and instead donated that same money to inclusive charities this would all vanish.

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
The only reason I ever went was for the Chick-fil-A sauce. Wal-Mart now makes their own Great Value brand "Chicken Dipping Sauce" for $2 a bottle. You can find it in the condiments aisle.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
chick fil a is not even that good

This is what I don't get. It's average, I do not get the lines for their overpriced small portion food. Especially nuggets. Was already going to Zaxbys when I first learned about their anti-gay agenda so wasn't hard to boycott them.

Zaxbys Kickin Chicken sandwich meal y'all

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
At this point we're going to cancel everyone and everything and end up sad ☹️

Chick-fil-a isn't part of "Cancel Culture" as we know it right now. Gays have been protesting those dry ass, tasteless ass, public school cafeteria ass, homophobic chicken patties since I was in college well over a decade ago.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Chick-fil-a isn't part of "Cancel Culture" as we know it right now. Gays have been protesting those dry ass, tasteless ass, public school cafeteria ass, homophobic chicken patties since I was in college well over a decade ago.
Pretty much

At this point if "allies" want to stand by that shit after all this, I ain't considering what I thought at the time controversial, and I'm damn sure standing by it now: they're not allies. They may never have been, but they sure aren't now, and I don't want or need their fake-help fighting for my rights

crimsonheadGCN

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clifton, NJ
The one near me has employees that stand outside in the drive-thru area because of how backed up with traffic it gets.

So, yeah.

I work part-time at an Amazon warehouse across from a Chick-Fil-A and so many employees and managers go there before a shift to get something to eat. The parking lots are always full and the drive-thru lines are long as fuck.