• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
No judgement, just say it.

I really like how simple and slick the armors of Saint Seiya Omega looked

Pegasus.Kouga.full.1018186.jpg

Also EVA-08 is fucking great.

evangelion_eva_08_by_cobrax13_d68zw79-fullview.jpg

112715.gif

Edit: This was supposed to go on ETC to cover more than just gaming, but since we're here...

Donte did nothing wrong.
dmc-devil-may-cry-5-necklaces-925-sterling-silver-dante-pendants-banner-2.jpg

Last edited:

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
latest

I loved how reminiscent their garish colour coding was of the Technicolor Peter Cushing movies, and how they were specifically designed to be eye level with Matt Smith, so as to keep a threatening profile during face to face confrontations.

Pity that they pretty much immediately caved to the fan backlash and dropped them after a season.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
There's a vocal anti-Nomura crowd on Era that seems to despise all of his character designs merely on principle, but I've always really liked his style. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

latest

latest

87b1ec81a4d53cf12ee3841a1223d7f2.jpg

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
There's a vocal anti-Nomura crowd on Era that seems to despise all of his character designs merely on principle, but I've always really liked his style. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

latest

latest

A lot of that crowd seems to think he's responsible for the Lighting trilogy (as in, not just the designs) and other games he had next to no involvement in somehow, so it's safe to just ignore them.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The original fat PS3 got so much shit when it was revealed. Myself included. Then I got one.

It was an incredible looking machine.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

latest

latest

This.

Yeah, there's shit like DiZ from KH and whatshisface from FFX-2, but at least Nomura outright said he went overboard on designs like that just to spite the people that complained about his affinity for belts, lol.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
6aNlI5y.png

I don't know about "love", but there's nothing wrong with being extra, lil dude. I think your glass pizza cutter is dope, and wish more games would take creative liberties with their weapon designs.

Also on a similar note, if you're ever wondering why they keep adding cute Ewoks or comic relief Jar Jars in games and movies, it's for people like me. Love it, mate. Nopon my shit up.

Deleted member 69573

User requested account closure
Banned
May 17, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
I unironically love Ken's SF5 design. It's the most fun of the redesigns to me, he looks like such a dirtbag fuckboy.

dq35xywv1ntz.png

941246.png

Edit: I shouldnt given the above but judging op hard for that barf eva

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
6aNlI5y.png

I don't know about "love", but there's nothing wrong with being extra, lil dude. I think your glass pizza cutter is dope, and wish more games would take creative liberties with their weapon designs.

Also on a similar note, if you're ever wondering why they keep adding cute Ewoks or comic relief Jar Jars in games and movies, it's for people like me. Love it, mate. Nopon my shit up.

I love both of your choices. Luso looks great, and I love that he's got all these accessories and spoils of adventure on him. Love the tights and the heels too. Good color scheme. 10/10 would hire to do a quest.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of that crowd seems to think he's responsible for the Lighting trilogy (as in, not just the designs) and other games he had next to no involvement in somehow, so it's safe to just ignore them.
Hm no, the Nomura hate boner started slowly with FF8 and exploded (oh no) with FF10 (with jokes about Lulu's belts) then KH1 (edgy Cloud) and even more with KH2 because Nomura liked to mess with people criticizing him so he deliberately went overboard with zippers.

Note that I am a big Nomura fan and I like those designs. But that's what I've observed in discussions about him for the past 20 years. I haven't actually seen that many people shit on him for FF13 (I mean, compared to his other games).

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I unironically love Ken's SF5 design. It's the most fun of the redesigns to me, he looks like such a dirtbag fuckboy.

dq35xywv1ntz.png

941246.png

Edit: I shouldnt given the above but judging op hard for that barf eva
Ken SFV outfit design is good it's just his head model isn't, it could have really used another pass over

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017

My choice is Moira from Overwatch. A lot of people shit on her when she was first announced, but I loved her the second I saw her.

6aNlI5y.png

I like this design too!

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Love is a strong word and there's nothing secret about it, but I like all of these.

Rufus, Hakan, F.A.N.G., Abigail (Street Fighter)

Bob (Tekken)

I've yet to hear a convincing argument for why these are bad designs besides that they "look ugly" or are "uncool".

Vergil (DmC)

I think people's dislike of DmC influences their opinion on this one too much (I admit it does for me too). A couple things look off, like his proportions, and his hairstyle. But DMC5 Vergil's hair looks fucking goofy too and no one complains about that.

Put OG Vergil in this and he looks rad:

Donte did nothing wrong.

The very last thing he does is grope Kat.

Last edited:

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
latest

I loved how reminiscent their garish colour coding was of the Technicolor Peter Cushing movies, and how they were specifically designed to be eye level with Matt Smith, so as to keep a threatening profile during face to face confrontations.

Pity that they pretty much immediately caved to the fan backlash and dropped them after a season.
I think it was the manner in which they were introduced that did them a disservice.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
No judgement, just say it.

I really like how simple and slick the armors of Saint Seiya Omega looked

Pegasus.Kouga.full.1018186.jpg

Also EVA-08 is fucking great.

evangelion_eva_08_by_cobrax13_d68zw79-fullview.jpg

112715.gif

Edit: This was supposed to go on ETC to cover more than just gaming, but since we're here...

Donte did nothing wrong.
Omega is heresy, they look like spandex, nothing beats the og designs
Donte....you've gone too far

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Always been a fan of the Donte design.

Less so some of the 'edgy' dialogue Ninja Theory went with.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I always thought Donte was fine.

406c04c7d6133682568c3d24d33acb0a.jpg

This design is also MILES better than original Cole who looks like he'd be at an All Lives Matter demonstration. It was fucking ridiculous the amount of outrage the redesign got.

1800904-screen_shot_2011_06_03_at_12.24.09_pm.png

Like seriously. What about this guy is appealing?
He looks like he still wears Affliction T-shirts and listens to Joe Rogan.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if despised design is the right choice since it's mainly the source material that's hated.
Gundam G-Savior
6e65d36d7825064c55328a4615f03620.jpg

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah I always thought Donte was fine.

406c04c7d6133682568c3d24d33acb0a.jpg

This design is also MILES better than original Cole who looks like he'd be at an All Lives Matter demonstration. It was fucking ridiculous the amount of outrage the redesign got.

1800904-screen_shot_2011_06_03_at_12.24.09_pm.png

Like seriously. What about this guy is appealing?
He looks like he still wears Affliction T-shirts and listens to Joe Rogan.
Haha he definitely fits the profile.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
a9bPl4B.jpg

Love is probably too strong, but I don't mind the Multipla, it's quirky and funny in a good way.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Brutalist architecture in general.
Nobody mourns when it's knocked down but I hope some of it is preserved.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I'm a big fan boy of sci-fi power armor. Halo's Mjolnir, Crysis nanosuit, doesn't matter. I will gush about them all the same:

737px-HInf_Character_Master_Chief_render.png

latest

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
latest

I like Magnadramon over Ophanimon, ok?

Have Ophanimon ride into battle on Magnadramon.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
latest

I hated the original versions but the ones from Season 7 with more muted metallic colours looked good and I'm sad they stopped using them
2oHNIFi.png