• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It's announcements like this that make me question buying games at all anymore. Game Pass could easily fill up all my available time with incredible content

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Like a Dragon won't be long.

I would think it will be. Yakuza 6 doesn't launch into Game Pass till March. Not to mention the Asian PC/Xbox release of Like a Dragon isn't until the end of February. They're not gonna release it to buy in Asia and then also drop it onto Game Pass within a few months.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cyber Shadow looks dope, never heard of it. From the Shovel Knight ppl?? Xmas come earlyyy. or late af.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I've been interested in Donut Couty, so this saves me $10 haha

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Funny story about me completely misunderstanding MS with the Xbox...

I just sold my Series X because I wasn't using it much other than to play Fallout 76 and I have a One X that will play it almost just as well. The only game I was looking forward to was The Medium and I thought, oh I can just play that on my One X. I thought there weren't going to be any Series S/X exclusives for 2 years! Oops.

I do have a PC and I'll try it on that, but I guess I missed some MS communication somewhere. Now I need to see what other games will be Series S/X exclusives.
Flight Simulator is another Series X|S exclusive releasing this year.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I just bought Yakuza Remastered (physical) for PS4, but thanks to this, I'll probably just play it on my Series S (after I finish Judgment).

Damn this illegal service.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Still excited for The Medium and I've heard very good things about Desperados 3. I'm going to check out Donut County as well.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Already have Control and Desperados 3, but since two of my friends finished Outer Wilds and were tremendously positive about it I was thinking about picking it up. Thanks to Game Pass because now I'll definitely check it out.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hyped for The Medium. Good list for the month, will have a nicer way to play Yakuza 5 than hooking up the PS3 again.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This probably killed alot of yakuza like a dragon sales. Wont be long before customes expect everything on a 10 buck service.

Gonna guess that 'getting Xbox players up to speed with Yakuza games for the first time ever' probably outweighed the negatives in this case. A drop of Yakuza Like a Dragon in November with no prior push to get people to try other games in the series would've been a death sentence for the game.

As it is, they've done a great job in bringing the series to a new audience. I reckon the studio probably appriciated having something like Game Pass to really lower the barrier to entry for new folks so quickly (and a chance to earn a load of cash fast from some old games that they're selling for peanuts on other platforms now).

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Desperados 3 one of the best games of last year. One of the few games that I was motivated and interested in from playing beginning to end. If you liked Shadow Tactics, should love desperados 3. Even if you didn't play Shadow Tactics, still try out Desperados 3. Great levels, great characters, fun ride from beginning to end.

Oct 27, 2017
with regards to this comment

Eurogamer
Agent 47 gets a fitting farewell in the last of the World of Assassination trilogy. Hitman 3: the Eurogamer review

I haven't been following the series very carefully. Will they be spinning up with a new agent for Hitman 4? Any rumors?

sorry! meant for the Hitman 3 thread

Last edited:

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
I just built a new pc, and have been planning on buying control ultimate edition once it's on sale for $20 or less. Is the DLC worth it or nah?

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I think so. I played previous games but I think II is released like 15 years ago lol. Don't even remember anything regarding the story.
Didn't play the first two, jumped into three. Didn't miss anything. Three seemed like a self contained story to me. I believe it is a prequel game anyway to the events of the first two games. Either way, didn't feel like I missed anything not playing desperados 1 or 2.

Oct 25, 2017
Figures I just got Desparados after hearing Mike Mahardy hype it up. Gotta remember never ever to buy non exclusive games.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
EVERYONE NEEDS TO PLAY THE YAKUZA FRANCHISE !!!!!!

Also, Sega .. bubbies ... isn't it time to put Judgment on other platforms too ?