• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Yes! that is exactly it. Someone from their discord reached out to me last night and gave me the same response but thank you all the same. Game is much more enjoyable now that I can plan things out the way I want and just watch sit back and watch it. Game is so much fun. I finished the next mission without using the single step function. lol Guess it's time to go back and have some fun with it.

ah, cool that they helped you on the discord already. the showdown single activation is definitely essential, i hate using showdown and activating everything together, more often than not things go rapidly south this way

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
ah, cool that they helped you on the discord already. the showdown single activation is definitely essential, i hate using showdown and activating everything together, more often than not things go rapidly south this way
Exactly! I was so frustrated last night I had stopped playing just because I couldn't get the feature to work properly. Now tonight I know I will enjoy it so much more now.

Gure

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I finished the game today and enjoyed it very much. Many good gameplay ideas and the finale is particularly fun to solve.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Oh ok, the demo wasn't as meaty as I thought lol. I sat down to go through the second proper mission and it seems to end at an arbitrary point with a "Buy now to see the rest of the game" like demos used to do. I'll definitely check out the full game when I've got a bit more cash to splash.

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans was a great mission. First half encouraged you to be smart, I hope the correct one is randomly generated? Then second half is like Voodoo sniping combos

Oh ok, the demo wasn't as meaty as I thought lol. I sat down to go through the second proper mission and it seems to end at an arbitrary point with a "Buy now to see the rest of the game" like demos used to do. I'll definitely check out the full game when I've got a bit more cash to splash.
Yeah it was a bit odd the demo for ST had a couple of full missions.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
uhh, this game is super fucking good!! Why no hype?

Its a very niche genre. Hopefully it blows up though.

Pretty sure it ends the moment you cross a threshold to go after one of the targets but yeah, its still longer than the Shadow Tactics demo iirc, I remember that having a time limit.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
New Orleans was a great mission. First half encouraged you to be smart, I hope the correct one is randomly generated? Then second half is like Voodoo sniping combos

Yeah it was a bit odd the demo for ST had a couple of full missions.

It is. I listened to a hint right at the start and screwed up immediately after hearing it so I hadn't saved. Had to restart the mission, the hint the first time was the guy at the pier was the one with the letter, the second time he didn't have it.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Well, in terms of userbase appeal, it's practically a PC exclusive.

As an aside, it bears repeating that this game happened because the devs released the very well-received Shadow Tactics a few years ago, so there's much more to chew on if you're nearing the end of the campaign but wish it were longer. Maybe wait for the Summer Sale to kick off, though. ;)

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017

As as an aside, it bears repeating that this game happened because the devs released the very well-received Shadow Tactics a few years ago, so there's much more to chew on if you're nearing the end of the campaign but wish it were longer. Maybe wait for the Summer Sale to kick off, though. ;)

Should be mentioned that if you have been subbed to Twitch Prime for years they gave it away a while back and so did EGS last year. So you might already own it.

But yes, play Shadow Tactics.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Beat the game in about 20 hours on Normal. Really just an almost flawless game. Loved the ost especially.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017

As an aside, it bears repeating that this game happened because the devs released the very well-received Shadow Tactics a few years ago, so there's much more to chew on if you're nearing the end of the campaign but wish it were longer. Maybe wait for the Summer Sale to kick off, though. ;)
Cool, thanks! I'll check out Shadow Tactics at some stage for sure.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Nerf Kate. Flirt powers too strong.

Lol, the end of the bridge mission was me doing a series of lures into Bianca. I think I got 8 enemies in a row as I piled bodies behind a box.

I really like the way this created more hybrids out of the Shadow Tactics cast. Cooper--Hayato are nearly 1:1 but Doc is much more self sufficient compared to Takuma, while Kate is (sorta) less so compared to Aiko. But the guns change what they can do a lot, and I LOVE the weapon Kate has. Since she can't kill with melee, or even tie people up, it can fill the gap but has the ammo limit. But it manages to be diversify itself from Cooper's knife toss which makes the death gurgle come from the enemy, while the Kate kill is centered on her.

It's also cool to finally get to play around with Isabelle. Her possession is obviously super powerful, but the connect is genuinely tough to use without blowing cover, since both enemies need to be out of sight. It makes it really, really satisfying to pull off combos with it.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
If I played the demo on GOG and then get the full version on Steam, will it let me continue or do I have to buy the GOG version?

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, the end of the bridge mission was me doing a series of lures into Bianca. I think I got 8 enemies in a row as I piled bodies behind a box.

I really like the way this created more hybrids out of the Shadow Tactics cast. Cooper--Hayato are nearly 1:1 but Doc is much more self sufficient compared to Takuma, while Kate is (sorta) less so compared to Aiko. But the guns change what they can do a lot, and I LOVE the weapon Kate has. Since she can't kill with melee, or even tie people up, it can fill the gap but has the ammo limit. But it manages to be diversify itself from Cooper's knife toss which makes the death gurgle come from the enemy, while the Kate kill is centered on her.

It's also cool to finally get to play around with Isabelle. Her possession is obviously super powerful, but the connect is genuinely tough to use without blowing cover, since both enemies need to be out of sight. It makes it really, really satisfying to pull off combos with it.

Yeah, if Kate could kill/tie up enemies she might legitimately be broken. Her gun is already pretty strong, if there aren't longcoats around (or at the very least they are easily avoided) you can send her in on her own and she can open up a gap in the guards just by luring enemies away and shooting them.

One thing Isabelle's connect is really good for is distracting. You can connect two enemies and send Stella at one and she'll distract both.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if Kate could kill/tie up enemies she might legitimately be broken. Her gun is already pretty strong, if there aren't longcoats around (or at the very least they are easily avoided) you can send her in on her own and she can open up a gap in the guards just by luring enemies away and shooting them.

One thing Isabelle's connect is really good for is distracting. You can connect two enemies and send Stella at one and she'll distract both.

Ohhh, that's right. Kate's perfume would work there as well, damn. Only been using it for double kills so far, lol.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Ohhh, that's right. Kate's perfume would work there as well, damn. Only been using it for double kills so far, lol.

I didn't think to use it for anything but kills until the second mission you have her for. Then I realized it said "anything" happens to both so I tried it out. It works great. And yeah, Kate's perfume would be great. I could see using Cooper's rock throw being good on two targets too far apart to distract at once too.

Edit: Oh and Hector's whistle would probably let you pull people over in to sight range for things like Doc's bag. Maybe a decent way to pull someone over for a safer double kill.

jay_toon10

Oct 28, 2017
Cape Town
I didn't think to use it for anything but kills until the second mission you have her for. Then I realized it said "anything" happens to both so I tried it out. It works great. And yeah, Kate's perfume would be great. I could see using Cooper's rock throw being good on two targets too far apart to distract at once too.

Edit: Oh and Hector's whistle would probably let you pull people over in to sight range for things like Doc's bag. Maybe a decent way to pull someone over for a safer double kill.
this right here works so well, game is just a bliss and encourages you to think about various ways to take on the enemies with

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This!
Here's hoping for quick GeForce Now support. It's already half price in Germany, so it's 23€ for PC vs. 50€ on PS4..anyway, looking forward to this after TLOU Part II.

SBOBET88 » Situs Judі Bоlа SBOBET Terpercaya Dі Indоnеѕіа

SBOBET88 merupakan situs judi bola resmi terpercaya di Indonesia menjadi tempat daftar SBOBET tercepat dengan pelayanan 24 jam cepat dan mudah.

When it appears I'll be all in on GeForce now. It doesn't seems to be enhanced on Xbox. So Tv 1080p60 GeForce + mobile

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
The thing I need to adjust to is guns are much more useful than in Shadow Tactics. Dual six shooters on Cooper are rather strong, there was a bit near the end of the mission I just did with 3 guys close together and I sat for a minute thinking of the best way to take it with stealth options then thought, wait these three are kind of isolated from everyone else, threw a knife at one guy causing the other two to start to alert but went into showdown and shot both down before anyone was the wiser.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Man I had no idea these challenge versions of maps were even a thing. So excited to give these a go.

The thing I need to adjust to is guns are much more useful than in Shadow Tactics. Dual six shooters on Cooper are rather strong, there was a bit near the end of the mission I just did with 3 guys close together and I sat for a minute thinking of the best way to take it with stealth options then thought, wait these three are kind of isolated from everyone else, threw a knife at one guy causing the other two to start to alert but went into showdown and shot both down before anyone was the wiser.

You could do that kind of stuff in Shadow Tactics. I honestly shied away from guns in my first playthrough thinking they'd be too annoying to deal with because of the noise but it really isn't hard to position yourself so it doesn't alert. You do have more options with guns in this game, though.

Last edited:

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's a shame. Sure, the game is somewhat slow but 4X, grand strategy, and turn-based-strategy games seem to be doing super well on PC these last few years and it's not like those are super fast to play. Maybe a new Commandos / WW2-themed game in this vein would do a little better but idk.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's a shame. Sure, the game is somewhat slow but 4X, grand strategy, and turn-based-strategy games seem to be doing super well on PC these last few years and it's not like those are super fast to play. Maybe a new Commandos / WW2-themed game in this vein would do a little better but idk.

I hadn't even heard of it until a few days ago, so I assume marketing is a factor

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
Played a few hours of it yesterday, it's a really fun game. Usually I'm not the best at strategy games like this but I feel like I'm doing good for the most part. It's very satisfying to make a plan and see it all come together.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the mission replay is judging me. "You saved here three times without moving" BECAUSE I'M WAITING FOR PATROLS LEAVE ME ALONE

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
I hadn't even heard of it until a few days ago, so I assume marketing is a factor
Possibly, yeah. They did release a pretty substantial demo a few weeks ago though and got great previews / reviews from RPS and PC Gamer, among other places. Shadow Tactics seemed to do okay from word of mouth in the long run, hopefully this will too.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen any yet but they have women mixed in and they're immune to her charms.
Makes sense.
Its a tricky situation. Do you add gay enemy cowboys that add diversity, or is it seen as bad because they are used only as a mechanic agaisnt the player.
If there are women now i think it could be cool to add also lesbian cowboys were you think you wouldnt be able to pass with kate but you can trick one in the group. Bit again, tricky situation as its used as a mechanic.

Oct 26, 2017
I think the biggest tip I could give someone playing this game would be constantly keep asking "What am i actually trying to accomplish here?" Its so easy to loose focus on your actual goal because of how complex the maps are, but once you refocus on the end goal you can usually work backwards from there.