• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Can't wait. Never played the first two, but I really liked their Shadow Tactics.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Desperados 1 was one of my favorite games as a kid, unfortunately the third probably wont run on my Intel PC.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Can't wait. Never played the first two, but I really liked their Shadow Tactics.

Same boat. I recall the originals but I only ever played Commandos in that genre, but playing the excellent Shadow Tactics a few years back made excited for whatever Mimimi Studios made next.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Finally. Never played the original games but i loved Shadow Tactics. Not sure if this will have the same atmosphere though. Kind of wished the developer kept making games in the Shadow Tactics franchise instead of rebooting a once popular franchise.

I hope this game can bring back my enthusiasm for gaming...

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Shadow Tactics is currently on sale for $10 in case anyone wants to try out how this game will play. And I think there's a demo available too.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
It was EXTREMELY good. One of these rare "spiritual successors" that not only manage to capture what made their source of inspiration good, but to actually improve on some of its gameplay loops in several ways.

yep, the game was really well done. one of the surprises of this generation imo.

i am really looking forward to Desperados 3, Mimimi Productions is THE perfect fit to do a new Desperados, i think there is a high chance that it will turn out damn good.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Might've been interested if it wasn't published by the company employing Philipp Brock and Reinhard Pollice, who were the THQ Nordic GmbH directors mainly responsible for arranging a marketing event with the Nazis, pedophiles and terrorists of 8chan.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
It was EXTREMELY good. One of these rare "spiritual successors" that not only manage to capture what made their source of inspiration good, but to actually improve on some of its gameplay loops in several ways.

Not only was the gameplay top notch, but I also really enjoyed the characters and story, and the diverse settings looked incredible.

Oct 31, 2017
i am really looking forward to Desperados 3, Mimimi Productions is THE perfect fit to do a new Desperados, i think there is a high chance that it will turn out damn good.
In all honesty I wasn't that much of a fan of the old Desperados games (always preferred Commandos to it) and I'm fully expecting this one by Mimimi to turn out by far the best in the franchise.
But we'll see, I guess.

Oct 27, 2017
He should be punching boulders, not pushing right?
I'm not talking about it being weird in how the character interacts with the boulders but rather that each boulder was the exact same size (well, oversized for a human) and texture with a palette swap (3 times in the case of the trailer). I thought the game looked visually pretty good otherwise.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think it'll be great gameplay wise, but not really liking what they're doing with the voodoo lady and not convinced on the new Kate either. Desperados had a great cast and story to go with it, a lot of this seems like adding a magic Poochie or two to mix it up.

Returners

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot wait. Love both Desperados 1 & 2. (also Commandos... but man that was a long time ago)

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Shadow Tactics is incredibly great so I've been waiting on this one for a while now. I hope the date sticks.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How was the story for Shadow Tactics? I kind of skipped that part, but I do care about it for Desperados (because the first one had a great story).

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Shadow Tactics was one of the best games ever made, so I'm in for this, even though I don't really care about Western tropes in this genre.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
+1 for people to try out Shadow Tactics. Not talked about nearly enough given how great it is.

Can't wait for this.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
How was the story for Shadow Tactics? I kind of skipped that part, but I do care about it for Desperados (because the first one had a great story).

It's surprisingly decent. Plot wise it's pretty simple and straightforward but the characters are fun and decently developped and the narrative helps a lot with the atmosphere of the game.

I wouldn't play it just for the story but it's good enough to motivate you to keep going.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
Shadow tactics is probably the best commandos style game out there, theres no reason to beloeve this is gonna be anything less than great

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Desperados is one of my favourite PC games, didn't play the sequel because grafixxx and a general bad buzz about it at the time. Shadow Tactics I haven't played, but I downloaded it with my free month of Gamepass. Does it play decently with a controller? Because my transformer tablet/laptop is a potato gaming-wise.

I won't be able to play Desperados 3 on it, either.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This style of action focussed trailer doesn't really work well with the perspective of the game I think.

Shadow Tactics was both gorgeous and a gameplay powerhouse. Can't wait to see if the same holds true for Desperados 3.
Next stop, Commandos IV?!

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Mimimi are a talented studio, as was evident from Shadow Tactics. Desperados 3 looks very similar, albeit a bit over-the-top particularly with that boulder pushing stuff.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Going with individual character trailers like it seems they're doing is the wrong way to introduce this game to people who don't know what it is.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
+1 for people to try out Shadow Tactics. Not talked about nearly enough given how great it is.

Can't wait for this.

I'd double that up and recommend people try Desperados if they haven't as well, it's pretty much the pinnacle of commandos-style games from that time and still holds up well.

Last edited:

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Given how excellent in almost everything Shadow Tactics was, Desperados 3 is a day one no brainer for me. It still amazes me how they thought of so many cool (QoL) features and really went the extra mile on playability, mission design, character interaction, control layout both gamepad and keyboard, difficulty levels and challenges. They really do know what they're doing. Hope it is really the exact same people making Desperados 3.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I would be so much happier if it was dubbed (and with the same voice actors) in spanish as the first game. But thats never gonna happen again. The second and third never came (yeah there were 3 old desperdos) and shado tactics wasnt either and i feel those amazing spanish dubs from the day (with also commandos) added so much to the whole experience.

A friend and me still quote the first game to this day.
"Boom! Dinamiiiiita!"
"Quitaté de ahí, Sam!!"
Those were the days hahahaha

Also I suppose neither Sam or Sanchez are in this game as characters? That would be sad.