• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jaytothe

Oct 30, 2017
This DeSean Jackson post (https://imgur.com/gallery/gSb7eyd) that led to quite a few pro athletes liking/agreeing with his sentiment is being pretty heavily discussed. I can't believe this is actually a real thing. Its now getting worse with Stephen Jackson poking the fires on instagram with....whatever this message means: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCXdZpzlVEf/

Kevin Durant and Jameis Winston have also been floating around supporting the posts. And meanwhile there have been almost no responses from pro athletes dencouning it.

Here is some background as well:
www.si.com

DeSean Jackson Under Fire for Incendiary Social-Media Posts

The Eagles are expected to issue a statement sometime on Tuesday

Last edited:

Emiya777

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Well there's three camps of athletes in this matter, African American athletes who are actively/silently supporting Desean, African American Athletes who want to call him out but don't want to be seen as betraying the cause, and non African American athletes who don't want to be accused of taking attention away from BLM.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Downplaying Antisemitism
I don't think that instagram post is saying anything bad? Just sounds like decrying oppression Olympics type mindset. I could be being generous to it, idk what the guy posts on social media in general.

Personally I'm not seeing why no one is calling them out for the sheer ignorance of it all. What's hard about it?

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
How in the world could anyone think that's appropriate to quote? That is appalling.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I investigated (read: google'd) and that "quote from Hitler" loops around to reddit posts, crazy books on amazon, quora and then back to Desean.

I was really curious to know if Hitler even said that because it sounds like something a hotep would say.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I investigated (read: google'd) and that "quote from Hitler" loops around to reddit posts, crazy books on amazon, quora and then back to Desean.

I was really curious to know if Hitler even said that because it sounds like something a hotep would say.
even if he didn't say it ...

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
conspiratorial nutbags, especially involving the Jewish (and pedophilia apparently, a whole seperate thing I'm seeing) come from all walks of life.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Really sad to see all this.

E9-D401-C8-73-CB-436-E-AA70-A971-FE56110-B.jpg

not surprised by era's lack of responses on here though

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think he did, why would he end it with World War 3? Wouldn't the WWII have fixed all of Hitlers problems if the nazis won?

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Is it better or worse if Hitler did say it?

I mean if he didn't say it, that means the dude is... falsely-attributing statements to Hitler to try and increase their... Hitler-cache?

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Personally, I'm disgusted. Shit like this is why people shouldn't automatically hold athletes (or other celebrities) in high regard. Maybe they need to fucking take a look at how Hitler felt about black people, before adopting his hatred of Jewish people. Just hurting the cause at this point.

edit: from what I can find, I'm not sure Hitler even said it, which makes the posts even fucking dumber

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it better or worse if Hitler did say it?

I mean if he didn't say it, that means the dude is... falsely-attributing statements to Hitler to try and increase their... Hitler-cache?
I don't think it matters if my nan said it, it's fucked up. It supposedly being from Hitler just adds to the craziness because what sort of person says a Hitler quote (about jews and not like about.. soup or something) and thinks "this is probably a good idea".

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
People on this site should be way more upset then they are over this, but an earlier thread barely made a blip. Posting and liking anti Semitic trash like this needs to be called out

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017

He likely didn't say it ever and the quote is misattributed to him.

However, it doesn't make it any less bad. Desean isn't the only person who has flaunted support for an anti-semetic point under the guise of "defending the culture." We're literally still having debates with celebrities who voice support for Louis Farrakhan and threaten people who bring up issues with him.

I think there's more than enough to be said about systemic racism without devolving to the point of co-signing the argument that this is all set up by a secret Jewish cabal.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Really sad to see people riding fake Hitler quotes as a means to deride others. It seems like ignorance and lack of empathy is intensifying.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
This "real children of Israel" is baked in Black Israelite idealogy and it's cultural erasure of Jewish history, of course what makes this even worse is that he thinks its a good idea to quote Hitler as someone speaking the truth and its spreading antisemitic thought that Jews are an insidious force that is controlling things and wants to dominate the world, such conspiracy theories have motivated violent action against Jewish people in the past. A friend of mine and I were talking about it and I don't want to get too deep into implicating Kendrick Lamar, since I'm not even that familiar with his work, but he did say he identifies as an Israelite and his cousin in that same song used some similar language to what is found in what Desean Jackson shared.

" you only have I known of all the families of the Earth, therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities." So until we come back to these commandments, until you come back to these commandments, we're gonna feel this way, we're gonna be under this curse. Because he said he's gonna punish us, the so-called Blacks, Hispanics, and Native American Indians, are the true children of Israel. We are the Israelites according to the Bible. The children of Israel, he's gonna punish us for our iniquities, for our disobedience, because we chose to follow other gods that aren't his son, so the Lord, thy God, chasten thee. So, just like you chasten your own son, he's gonna chastise you because he loves you. So that's why we get chastised, that's why we're in the position we're in. Until we come back to these laws, statutes and commandments, and do what the Lord said, these curses are gonna be upon us. We're gonna be at a lower state in this life that we live here in today, in the United States of America. I love you, son, and I pray for you. God bless you, Shalom."

It should also be said that at least one of the recent hate crimes against Jewish people were perpetrated by Black Israelites.

Ex Lion Tamer

Oct 25, 2017
Well there's three camps of athletes in this matter, African American athletes who are actively/silently supporting Desean, African American Athletes who want to call him out but don't want to be seen as betraying the cause, and non African American athletes who don't want to be accused of taking attention away from BLM.

Condemning hate against others should not be betraying the cause of BLM or taking attention away from it.

This guy essentially said Hitler was right, and he's likely going to keep his job. No surprises but Hitler didn't like Black people either.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
First off DeSean Jackson is a pos for posting this vile nonsense to Instagram. He took the time to highlight a section of this book that has a fictional dialogue with Hitler about a potential WW 3.

Hitler didn't write the attributed quote. It comes from a "book" called The Hidden Treasure That Lies in Plain Sight 4: The Day of the Lord and the End of America by Jeremy Shorter. It's the fourth in a series of black hebrew Israelite books that says they are the true children of God. The anti defamation league calls black hebrew Israelites outspoken anti semites.

I don't have an idea why Jackson thought it would be a good idea to post this or why Durant or Winston thought they should like the post. Fuck that. He should be condemned for this hateful and idiotic post.

Anyway, so yeah Hitler didn't write the forward for this turds book.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Of course. The quote being fake just highlights the ignorance on display here.

We live in a world of layers upon layers of ignorance and falseness and it's all designed to stoke division and hatred.

These athletes are disgusting and should be ashamed. And be shamed.

The fact that one of the purposes of the already trash quote is to normalize Hitler makes it worse, not better.

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this the same stuff Larry Johnson has been rambling off about on Twitter with for like a year or so?

It should be obvious to everyone that it's not okay to quote and agree with Hitler in 2020

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
At least he realized he made a mistake and probably shouldn't post about Hitler because he was a bad person.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
We live in a world of layers upon layers of ignorance and falseness and it's all designed to stoke division and hatred.

These athletes are disgusting and should be ashamed. And be shamed.

The fact that one of the purposes of the already trash quote is to normalize Hitler makes it worse, not better.
I never insinuated that anything related to this should be cast in a better light, ever. It is racist shit heel stuff. Ignorance is not an excuse, it is a willful action.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At least he realized he made a mistake and probably shouldn't post about Hitler because he was a bad person.
honestly, that quote could have been written by a 5 year old and it wouldn't make a difference.

he shouldn't be realizing that Hitler is a bad person, he should be realizing that he is a bad person for quoting racist garbage.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't you heard? It's OK to agree with Hitler if the quote is fake. *rolls eyes*

While disputing the legitimacy of actual Jews, even.

Ironically this also fits in with both white supremacists and hard right islamists that all share the theory that today's Jews are not real Jews, but whoever "they" are, they control everything with insidious world dominating plots.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, that quote....wow. The apology was weak - if you didn't know what he'd posted you'd think he had just made a joke in poor taste based on the apology, not a fake Hitler quote of that level of vileness.

Really sad to see all this.

not surprised by era's lack of responses on here though

It's 7:30am ET when it was posted and this forum moves fast. We're talking about an American football player so most ERA members that would even know who he is (so mostly USA) are barely up yet. I didn't even see this story until I loaded up BBC this morning and it had his apology listed.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's 7:30am ET when it was posted and this forum moves fast. We're talking about an American football player so most ERA members that would even know who he is (so mostly USA) are barely up yet. I didn't even see this story until I loaded up BBC this morning and it had his apology listed.
This happened yesterday morning.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. This is an issue that isn't discussed enough on here

it's the sad reality that due to the extent to which Jews are a minority the vast majority of people (99%+) are ignorant to the Jewish experience and many just don't care at all and would rather handwave, talk down to, claim to know better than, etc. etc. etc. which leaves Jews on an island to speak and fight for themselves and, again, due to the extent to which Jews are a minority there are vastly less people to speak and fight

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wtf how had I not heard of this? How do you ever think it's okay to spread that kinda message?

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
This happened yesterday morning.

Was talking specifically about this thread. I didn't actually know about this story until this morning through the BBC article about the apology. It's possible I saw the headline somewhere yesterday but completely skipped over it. I'm just saying that lack of responses doesn't necessarily indicate people don't care.

There is also another thread on this.

I completely missed that one then as well.

Edit: As a general thing I checked around Boston Globe and WaPo sites and can't find mention of it anywhere obvious. So I'm not surprised I completely missed it since I just hit Era in bursts a few times a day.
Edit 2: Though I also don't want to discount the concern that people don't care here. The threads from various groups in ERA decrying the lack of support and sometimes outright hostility towards them make it pretty clear that a lot of people have felt disrespected/marginalized.

Last edited:

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
Jews are white to PoC, and PoC to white supremacists.

At least we control everything, although Soros hasn't contacted me about my share yet.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the threads on this don't have the venom and post numbers yet because not only is the post unambiguously wrong (who's really out here agreeing with Hitler?), but also the athlete in question apologized.

This stuff is bad, execrable anti-Semitism full stop, and I don't think this forum supports it at all...so I don't know why we'd actually want more discussion on it. Maybe this thread could be retitled so that people know it's one of those "we need to talk about" type of deals?

(EDIT: I said later in this thread that I was leaving, but I want there to be no ambiguity - anti-Semitism is wrong, and I don't think it's magically "okay" because the player apologized.)

Last edited:

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the threads on this don't have the venom and post numbers yet because not only is the post unambiguously wrong (who's really out here agreeing with Hitler?), but also the athlete in question apologized.

This stuff is bad, execrable anti-Semitism full stop, and I don't think this forum supports it at all...so I don't know why we'd actually want more discussion on it. Maybe this thread could be retitled so that people know it's one of those "we need to talk about" type of deals?
It was a pretty soft apology, like one you'd make if you didn't really believe it but were worried about getting cut.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

no need to make excuses, Jewish issues not resonating with non-Jews is hardly novel to this instance

and the apology was bullshit, so there's that too

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
It was a pretty soft apology, like one you'd make if you didn't really believe it but were worried about getting cut.
He wasn't going to get cut because of how the team dealt with the Riley Cooper situation.

But honestly the bigger issue is the Steven Jackson video and the likes from other Athletes like Kevin Durant that are more frustrating. Then again Durant with his defending of Kyrie's idiotic views and Steven Jackson's decision making not being the greatest (malice in the palace) it's not surprising they would buy into some old bullshit.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Just saw this on reddit and thought I'd share this from Ray Allen who is a former NBA star. He went to Poland to see the camps in person and would take his teammates to the holocaust museum in DC when they played the wizards.

www.theplayerstribune.com

Why I Went to Auschwitz | By Ray Allen

This is not history. This is humanity. This is now. This is a living lesson for us as a people.

I saved money and backpacked in Europe when I was 18 for 6 months. Auschwitz had a very strong impact on me.

Fuck DeSean and Stephen Jackson.