• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

K-Jay

Oct 27, 2017
100% amazing or unbearably shitty depending on where you are and who's around you.

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
Not what it seems.

When growing up I was like "wow, America is so cool, everything I like is from there!".

As an adult I'm more "fuck that place, I never wanna go there again" (I was there on holiday years ago and was not impressed to say the least).

I would suggest this is a very familiar story to many non-Americans, particularly those who grew up in the 80s and 90s.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
America is very Diverse and its culture can't be described by a single sentence. I suppose the only thing most share is the love of buying useless crap.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Interesting reading these replies. Don't recall a positive one. Is that a true reflection of the US, or people's moods here?

Im not American so can only go by visits there, Americans I've met over here, and tv.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
m7M.gif

Im was going to say Idiocracy, and "they think they are the center of the world (including in this fourm)", but this works.

Interesting reading these replies. Don't recall a positive one. Is that a true reflection of the US, or people's moods here?

Im not American so can only go by visits there, Americans I've met over here, and tv.
Whn i visited in 2011 new york and los angeles for some months, i would have said a more nuanced, with some positivity response. But being older and having experienced more and more, with to USA girlfriends, and how all this past years went... im going to be much harshers every time i see or expirience their dangerous idiocy and excptionalism

Stuntman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A culture so self absorved and entitled that can't even understand that America is not a country.