• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
1.0 is finally here! We're so excited to share the complete Descenders experience with you and we cannot wait to see you share it with your friends!

First off, a big thank you so much to all the folks who've been watching the game progress since we first launched into Early Access - your kindness, your passion for the game and your sick runs have been keeping our fires lit and pushed us through, we could not have done this without you!

So, what's new?

MULTIPLAYER IS HERE!
Find other players from around the world in the new hub and career modes, or join up with some friends in a casual lobby! Race down the steepest tracks, chill out at the skate park or play a game of hide and seek, the nine worlds are now all yours to play with however you and your friends want to!

NEW WORLDS
Mastered Peaks? Got that Volcano run down? Then it's time to jump into the FOUR NEW WORLDS complete with their own boss jumps! These are testing environments with some difficult obstacles, so make sure to bring your A-game! You can even get practising in the BRAND NEW HUB!

MORE GEAR
It's time for a new colour scheme. Trust us. Maybe even a new handlebar companion, complete with totally not annoying noises. Perhaps a community built item (shoutout to the amazing designers in our Discord whose items made the cut <3) or a female rider? Don't worry, we've got you covered!

25% Launch discount on Steam and it's available on Xbox Game Pass!

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Great game, my little one is obsessed with this.

Glad its on Game Pass to show it to some friends, shame they didn't update for the X.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Mike Rose

That No More Robots guy
Verified
Jan 18, 2018
Thanks for posting about our game!

Great game, my little one is obsessed with this.

Glad its on Game Pass to show it to some friends, shame they didn't update for the X.

Hey Gowans! Actually, the game was updated for the X -- it runs at 1080p on the X, compared to 720p on the regular Xbox :)

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Just played a bit of it. The handling definitely feels right and performing stunts can feel immensely satisfying. Can't wait to play more :D

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Really disappointed in the graphics and performance on Xbox One X. With graphics like these 60 fps should be possible?! On the other hand the game is running in Unity so...

The game can be fun but I'm not a fan of procedural track design in driving games. I also don't like the health system.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't expect to actually see it get a multiplayer patch, that's now a buy for me and should also convince a few friends.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This looks amazing, need to see a few more gameplay videos to jump in though. Seems to be a fresh breath of air. Hopefully multiplayer is at least more than 4 people, looks like it too from the trailers

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
This has been on my Steam wishlist since it came out in early access. Amazing that it came to Game Pass day 1. I will be checking it out later!

Jockel

Oct 27, 2017
Berlin
Happy player of the Early Access version here.
Tim Rogers' video sold me on it.

I will absolutely play the 1.0 now, looking forward to it!

Mike Rose

That No More Robots guy
Verified
Jan 18, 2018
This looks amazing, need to see a few more gameplay videos to jump in though. Seems to be a fresh breath of air. Hopefully multiplayer is at least more than 4 people, looks like it too from the trailers

Hey, it's 8 player on PC, and 4 player on Xbox -- alas, doing more than 4 players on Xbox made the game chuuuug, so we had to set it at 4

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I see gifs of the game on the web, it looks like a lot of fun. Really excited to try this via GamePass

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
It's great to see other riders now if the tracks but the frame pacing still seems off.

Great seeing all the extras added since game preview.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Whew, I was quite surprised how much new stuff there is as opposed to just a few months ago!
Good job, RageSquid & No More Robots!

PC Version has the same button prompts.
Yeah, I've been playing on PC. My point was that the video is on the Xbox youtube channel.. people might be disappointed when they realize they won't be seeing that many riders at one time if they're playing on Xbox Game Pass.. unless this is a Play Anywhere title?

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually feeling guilty about Descenders. I got to preview it back at the start of Early Access but that's all I can do. You know how this kind of game is meant to be played at the edge of your skill level, but you can push yourself if you want? I'm generally terrible at trick-style games but, seeing as I know what skilled gameplay looks like, keep trying to pull off moves while playing at full tilt. My poor mountain biker generally gets 3-4 tracks into a map before running out of lives. It's fun as far as I make it but I'll never get far enough into Descenders to actually be able to do a review.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It's on gamepass???

tenor.gif

I know what I'm going to play tomorrow.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Saw the trailer for this when I was checking the Xbox store earlier and thought I'd check it out one day, then saw it was on Game Pass so... giving it a download now!

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually feeling guilty about Descenders. I got to preview it back at the start of Early Access but that's all I can do. You know how this kind of game is meant to be played at the edge of your skill level, but you can push yourself if you want? I'm generally terrible at trick-style games but, seeing as I know what skilled gameplay looks like, keep trying to pull off moves while playing at full tilt. My poor mountain biker generally gets 3-4 tracks into a map before running out of lives. It's fun as far as I make it but I'll never get far enough into Descenders to actually be able to do a review.
The issue, at least in my opinion, is that procedurally generated courses make it harder to practice because they're always changing. It's a huge turnoff for me.

Also...you need to complete three bonus objectives on a boss jump before to unlock a shortcut to the next area.

Completing these jumps three times should be enough.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Managed to get on for about an hour last night, I can see this being quite the time sink.

As usual, thanks Game Pass!

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Got to the peak boss jump with 10 health. Lost it all in a few tries at the final jump. Now I have to start again. Sorry but the health system sucks.

I tried to like it despite its flaws but this kills the game for me.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
I´m not sure about the sun setting as you progress in a level, there's even a message in the game to play it at your own pace but i don´t want to play the last level in pitch black with no light on the bike.

Other than that i´m loving the game.

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
Well, i dont know what i expected... obviously there wasnt gonna be a Descender game... but i still kinda hoped this thread was about a Desender game.

71OFngblQ2L.jpg

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Controls are pretty good and i like the whole procedural aspect of it. Not a huge fan of how sessions work though and the final mission is pretty much the only mission where i really start losing health. I did start to get what i can do to prevent that, so hopefully it works next time :D

also

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Uninstalled the game after I got to the ranch with 16 hp and lost it all there because I didn't know any of the stunts. This game is way too frustrating for me.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
what a terrific little gem this is

not traditionally a fan of roguelikes, but if the core gameplay is this fun it's more about enjoying the game than beating it