• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
This basically explains why the term African American is dumb to begin with. Charlize Theron is African American too

Also nobody is out here saying European Americans nor Anglo Saxon Americans. White people don't get designation for some reason

"European American" and "Anglo American" are absolutely used terms. But the term "African American" is used to describe Black Americans who don't know their ancestry in any more detail than that because their ancestors were stolen from Africa and enslaved in North America. Charlize Theron is South African American, because she knows what country she came from. Because she's, you know, not the descendant of enslaved people. Just like someone who immigrated to the US from, say, Nigeria, would be a Nigerian American. This really isn't that difficult.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
You have more faith in our country than I do. DeSantis is like open dictator mode and that is the new hotness in America it seems.

He is scary.. and a literal authoritarian.
If you follow Florida politics, he has already retaliated against Disney, The Tampa Bay Rays, and the Special Olympics for not falling in line with his messaging and values. He also tried to lash out against Social Media Sites for banning "shitty" conservative posts. The dude is DANGEROUS and will implement his authoritative style of politics if he's given any kind of power, especially the Presidency.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
I am actually not worried about president desantis. He gets puffed up in right wing media and knows how to play that base, but he is a dork. Corny racist ass is punching above his weight and not going to advance beyond FL governor.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
He is scary.. and a literal authoritarian.
If you follow Florida politics, he has already retaliated against Disney, The Tampa Bay Rays, and the Special Olympics for not falling in line with his messaging and values. He also tried to lash out against Social Media Sites for banning "shitty" conservative posts. The dude is DANGEROUS and will implement his authoritative style of politics if he's given any kind of power, especially the Presidency.

He also arrested a whistleblower as DeSantis covered up report on Covid

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I am actually not worried about president desantis. He gets puffed up in right wing media and knows how to play that base, but he is a dork. Corny racist ass is punching above his weight and not going to advance beyond FL governor.

Yeah, I think he'll play about as well as Ted Cruz nationally.

Could be wrong on that, obviously. Nothing would shock me these days.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
You see a dork, much of White America sees a strong man that will save this country from the radical liberals and take away the rights of anybody not like them.

I hope you are right though for our sake.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
DeScumbag: "I welcome support from African Americans"

African American folks: "Well, what are you gonna do for us to earn it"

DeScumbag: "Um.... uh..."

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
It's impressive that the GOP can crap all over Elon Musk and STILL get his full support. Elon Musk must really be "all in" with the GOP.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017

Conservative News Outlets are trying to sell Desantis as the 2024 frontrunner.
But they're also maintaining loyalty to Trump.
There's already a fracture in the party. Desantis has gone on record saying he will not commit to letting Trump have the unchallenged nomination.. and Trump has already had a few harsh words for Desantis and even threatened to announce his 2024 bid on Desantis' front lawn. There's definitely animosity brewing.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
White people really do just hate us lol.

"European American" and "Anglo American" are absolutely used terms. But the term "African American" is used to describe Black Americans who don't know their ancestry in any more detail than that because their ancestors were stolen from Africa and enslaved in North America. Charlize Theron is South African American, because she knows what country she came from. Because she's, you know, not the descendant of enslaved people. Just like someone who immigrated to the US from, say, Nigeria, would be a Nigerian American. This really isn't that difficult.
I like the smug quip at the end, like you aren't talking to an "African American" there.

For what it's worth, I don't identify as African American anymore either. I have no meaningful cultural ties to the continent because whatever lineage I have was lost during slavery, nor do I have any desire to pursue the knowledge. I also don't get trolled by stupid shit like in the OP. I'm Black.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
1. Racist
2. Out of touch
3. I wish a piano would fall on him and when they opened it up his teeth were replaced with piano keys that played "Mary had a little lamb." while they fell out.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
White people really do just hate us lol.

I like the smug quip at the end, like you aren't talking to an "African American" there.

For what it's worth, I don't identify as African American anymore either. I have no meaningful cultural ties to the continent because whatever lineage I have was lost during slavery, nor do I have any desire to pursue the knowledge. I also don't get trolled by stupid shit like in the OP. I'm Black.

Yep. And that's why the B is capitalized.

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when Scott Walker was supposed to be the next great conservative hope?

I hope DeSantis follows a similar path to irrelevancy.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017

Currently many sports book sites have Ron DeSantis as the leading winner for the 2024 Presidential election, he's slowly been overtaking Trump the last few weeks

glDORKz.png

I think people on ERA really, really underestimate how popular DeSantis's positions on anti-CRT, anti-LGBT teaching ("don't say gay" in school bill he championed), his fight with Disney, and anti-trans legislation is. Its all stuff he has passed in Florida, his popularity in Florida has widened over the last 2 years due in no small part to all those things he has passed, and imo in the 7-8 swing states that decide Presidential elections, his positions will be popular enough to carry him to a victory over Biden as things currently stand. It doesn't matter a single iota what DeSantis' popularity in California, New York, Oregon, etc is because those states have voted straight democrat the past 30 years. It only matters in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, PA, Texas, and Wisconsin.

The combination of the economy, gas prices, inflation, and people's problems over local school issues is going to be hard for democrats to combat. Its ironic because you'd think 18 year old gun men killing kids in schools with assault rifles would be an easy thing to use as a clear differentiator between democrats and republicans but democrats are completely unwilling to stand on a "We should get rid of guns, period" platform so they just look goofy trying to dance around the problem while republicans are really clear, "Guns are as American as Apple pie and only sick fucks kill innocents. You're not a sick fuck, are you? Then you deserve a gun to shoot those people who aren't like you."

ZeroRay

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see Trump demolish this stooge on stage.

Then proceed to make him his VP candidate.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
So sick of these racists calling Elon an African American with their shit eating smirk cause they think they are being funny/slick when it only shows off their racism.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
basically most ppl joking I would lol at this comment
but desantis isn't trying to be cute

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, Whatever. He's not wrong. Too stupid for me to take offense to. Carrying on.

It kind of is wrong though. African Americans refers to people with ancestry from Africa. Elon's parents were descended from colonizers of Africa.

I think that's a really important distinction.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
How weird nobody calls my stepdad and brother a British American, when we obviously refer to all immigrants by their nation or continent + American.

I know I know I shouldn't even try to untangle the lack of logic... A generic fuck you to the GOP, then. FUCK YOU GOP

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Never stopped Trump from getting in.

Desantis is basically another Trump, but whose not a complete idiot.

He's not another Trump at all.

These "Who's the next Trump?" threads always downplay what was Trump's greatest asset: he was a household name. Decades of being a New York "mogul" name dropped in movies and years more of The Apprentice gave Trump a mythos that the right gravitated to and that prevented the left from taking him seriously until it was too latr. Desantis has none of this, and he has the charisma of a soggy roll of toilet paper to boot.

Unless you follow politics (which the average person does not) or live in Florida, you likely don't give a shit who Florida's governor is.

If y'all want to know who the next Trump is, he's staring y'all dead in the face:

Musk, y'all. It's Musk. That's who y'all should be afraid of ever running for President, because he could very well win. He has every component Trump did, and one thing Trump didn't: large chunks of the left openly stan, despite him being a detestable asshole.

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022

These "Who's the next Trump?" threads always downplay what was Trump's greatest asset: he was a household name. Decades of being a New York "mogul" name dropped in movies and years more of The Apprentice gave Trump a mythos that the right gravitated to and that prevented the left from taking him seriously until it was too latr. Desantis has none of this, and he has the charisma of a soggy roll of toilet paper to boot.

Unless you follow politics (which the average person does not) or live in Florida, you likely don't give a shit who Florida's governor is.

If y'all want to know who the next Trump is, he's staring y'all dead in the face:

Musk, y'all. It's Musk. That's who y'all should be afraid of ever running for President, because he could very well win. He has every component Trump did, and one thing Trump didn't: large chunks of the left openly stan, despite him being a detestable asshole.
Good thing that he can't legally run for president. Unless the GOP try to change the law for him.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Musk cannot run for President legally. And I think DeSantis is becoming more popular with his very bigoted moves and grandstanding.

I keep hearing people say he is boring or whatever but, that is what a liberal might see, my Trump loving family sees a strong man taking leadership in correcting a lost America.

When Trump first announced his run most thought he was a joke, until he wasn't.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

Most conservative dipshits here in my area of PA idolize DeSantis. You underestimate his popularity. The same type of assholes who would vote for Trump again would absolutely vote for DeSantis.

Musk fortunately is not allowed to ever run for President.