• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
People have been attacking Deray and rightfully so; I swim in similar circles and many of those accusations have some merit (he's more concerned about celebrity than activism).

THAT SAID, a broken clock is right twice a day and being inauthentic isn't as bad as stealing cash from people and causes. This is pretty damning collection of evidence against King who's been dodging accusations for years now.
I wouldn't equate this to criticisms of Shaun King at all.

Deray's personal brand getting bigger as a result of his activist work isn't really problematic in itself and somewhat inevitable. That's nowhere near the ballpark of Shaun King's verifiable past as a grifter.

Lone

Mar 6, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I wouldn't equate this to criticisms of Shaun King at all.

Deray's personal brand getting bigger as a result of his activist work isn't really problematic in itself and somewhat inevitable. That's nowhere near the ballpark of Shaun King's verifiable past as a grifter.

Oh, it's not that. It's the fact that he's a scammer too, according to Twitter reciepts I saw a while ago lmao

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Professional grifter caught grifting? Don't trust people asking for money all the time. Charities almost universally are more about making you feel good vs making a difference.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Shaun looks shady.

but fundraising discrepancies aren't the open and shut item people think it is. Lots of times with fundraisers you find that the predicted amount decreases when people who made promises to fund fail to meet their commitments or something falls through and they pull out.

You also find people mismanaging funds and using them as a personal banking account as well, so it does happen. The $50 life coach stuff and mountain climbing pledges are suspect too without more details. How much money was raised would be the first question, since it seems those went literally nowhere.

Natasha Kerensky

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Praha, CZ
1WU8ron.jpg

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
Deray wears a blue vest 24/7 like a cartoon character. Bad Ape(portrayed by Steve Zahn) from War For The Planet of The Apes adapted to wearing clothes for warmth before the other apes and he happens to wear a blue jacket.(not even a vest lol)

Deray thought Bad Ape was an attack on him.

Wait he actually wears that all the time? I thought articles were just using the same pictures over and over again. Oh lawd.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Deray wears a blue vest 24/7 like a cartoon character. Bad Ape(portrayed by Steve Zahn) from War For The Planet of The Apes adapted to wearing clothes for warmth before the other apes and he happens to wear a blue jacket.(not even a vest lol)

Deray thought Bad Ape was an attack on him.
Why is his brand a blue vest? Why does he have a brand?!

Oct 25, 2017
He may not be the first in the history of fundraising to steal money, but he's probably the first one whose wife just confessed to it on social media

Holy shit

MalcomFleX

Alt account
Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Going with the Trump "both sides have bad people on it" defense. Let's see how this works out for her and him.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Did you all read the tweet? Good lord.

She's saying, the idea of Shaun King stealing 100s of thousands of dollars and everyone clearly knowing it, yet there being no actions against him is ridiculous. She's saying anyone who thinks that's possible is out of touch with reality.

I'm iffy on the breh, but y'all are being ridiculous.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Eh. Reads to me like she poorly worded her argument. Basically tried to say if he stole millions of dollars and everyone has receipts then why hasn't he been charged?

Either way misspeaking on Twitter is gonna haunt them.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC

She's saying, the idea of Shaun King stealing 100s of thousands of dollars and everyone clearly knowing it, yet their being no actions against him is ridiculous. She's saying anyone who thinks that's possible is out of touch with reality.

Yeah I was about to say, that's my reading of it too. It's not a good tweet, but "a confession" is a stretch. She doesn't even say anything about "others getting away with it" lol

collige

Oct 31, 2017
The fact that his wife took over his Twitter to "defend" him was hilarious enough, but the fact that she just snitched on him makes this whole scenario even more absurd. Just look at this massive rant thread. It's not just an excuse bingo, it's covering the entire damn board:

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

She's saying, the idea of Shaun King stealing 100s of thousands of dollars and everyone clearly knowing it, yet there being no actions against him is ridiculous. She's saying anyone who thinks that's possible is out of touch with reality.

And the tweet that's retweeting it explains how the original tweet "reads" to some. Either way she has not been doing her husband any favors the last few days taking over his twitter account.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

on 2nd read, I get where you are coming from, and you're right, but it doesn't work because it is in fact common for people to do that and not be charged. So it sounds like her point is just that he isn't alone

I also can't help but see some irony in her argument relying on the police to determine guilt

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017

This is the only logical way to read the tweet.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
And the tweet that's retweeting it explains how the original tweet "reads" to some. Either way she has not been doing her husband any favors the last few days taking over his twitter account.

Is she defending him or having a personal breaththrough?

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018

100%. I was willing to give some benefit of the doubt to a guy who was doing some work shedding light on racist behavior but this isn't shocking revelations to people who have been listening.

Shaun King's wife admits man steals...

Honestly getting away with stealing from black women is maybe the least surprising thing that someone could do in terms of white-collar crime.
People can get away with this sort of thing for a while depending on the scope of the organizations involved.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In a world where billionaire human traffickers commit suicide under mysterious circumstances and people wondering why he was a billionaire at all since he seems to have no discernible skills aside from his connections, is this really being out of touch with reality?

Lack of financial accountability has become more and more a salient an issue in recent years and to pretend otherwise is to ignore the deluge of reports about it every day from every sector of the economy.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
In a world where billionaire human traffickers commit suicide under mysterious circumstances and people wondering why he was a billionaire at all since he seems to have no discernible skills aside from his connections, is this really being out of touch with reality?

Lack of financial accountability has become more and more a salient an issue in recent years and to pretend otherwise is to ignore the deluge of reports about it every day from every sector of the economy.

If the perp is black and not liked by White Americans, yes.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one on here who caught Shaun's wife taking over his Twitter account this weekend and posting that Tolkien sized novel.

And then the Bernice King sub shot.

When I tell you I HOLLERED at the screen

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one on here who caught Shaun's wife taking over his Twitter account this weekend and posting that Tolkien sized novel.

And then the Bernice King sub shot.

When I tell you I HOLLERED at the screen

The thing that gets me is just how damn important they both think they are at all times. I realize that they do lead some things and are in fact important to those things but to compare yourself to Coretta King without irony because your husband tweets a lot...I don't even know.

datbapple

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
niggas stay shitting on shaun king but from what i can see he made an effort to be open about his pockets. he could take 5% of the shit he is saying he fund raises and honestly i wouldnt even have a problem with it. nigga just supposed to do everything for free while still getting @ed by the blue check brigade trying to out woke each other? smmfh.

deray been a lime-lite attention seeking clown since the homey Darren Seales (RIP) slapped the fire out his mouth for his self aggrandizing bullshit.

Last edited: