• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will win the fight?

• Wilder

Votes: 131 51.4%
  • Fury

Votes: 124 48.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
If I've only learned one thing from this fight is that my gym membership is going in the bin.

Ruiz and now Fury

Pie and chips for life.

bobeth

Oct 28, 2017
Just saw the match. Wilder had that deer in the headlights look from the first round, he never had a chance against a healthy Fury..

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fake edit (this is the message I had loaded up since yesterday and forgot tonight post): LOL people trying to behave like Wilder didnt get exposed and embarrassed all night except for two knock downs, neither of which managed to stop Fury. /fake edit

Now.........to quote myself from the first page and to paraphrase all the kool aid drinkers:

"Wilder cant box for shit, got easily outclassed and outscored almost every round last time and only got to keep his belts via crooked judges, so I'm gonna go for Wilder."

Damn right buddy, Wilder gonna use all the experience he got from being exposed and finding out he cant KO Fury, to KO Fury!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA

How are you going to let a man who didn't box for years come straight back into the game and ruin Wilders whole reputation in one fight, then actually put money on Wilder after Fury has had even more time to tune up and get back into his world champion groove?

Why are you going to bank on Wilders punching power when it failed to do the job last time? That left hook was one of the hardest punches most people say they saw someone take, yet Fury jumped up and kicked Wilders ass for the rest of the round and the rest of the right. Wilder landed some straight rights direct to Furys head early in this fight. What happened? N o t h i n g.

Why are you going to continue to doubt Furys power when Wilder spent 12 round being MOVED around the ring by Furys punches last time and had a face like a bullied schoolboy last time out?

Wilder could not touch Fury almost the entire fight save for some lucky punches. But that's the point about luck. You dont get it every time. That's the whole point lol. You dont get lucky last time and then bank on being lucky a second time. Why would you ever do that?

I tried to tell ya'll.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The king has returned. Heavyweight division should be on notice. Joshua about to take a big L.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if Fury was targeting it but Wilder likes to fight with his shoulders near perpendicular to the other fighter, hiding his right with his body and having it ready to launch. This is usually fine as most fighters don't have the reach to get him plus Wilder has enough movement to stay out of danger. However for someone like Fury, he has the reach and height to hit. With the stance that Wilder assumes, it opened up a lot of shots to the side of his head (temple, ear, behind the ear). The lunging jabs and the subsequent shots that came off it did just that.

The beauty with the way Fury was using his lunging jab is that it's just a matter of footwork whether or not he commits or not. The jab would hurt like a mofo plus it hides basically anything else he wants to do. Super easy to use it for an inquiry, a feint and generally control the other person. Fury used it to hide and locate his straight/winging rights, distract from his hooks and even jump into clinches.

Tyson completely neutralized any danger from Wilder with this. With the repeated shots to around the side of his head it really was game over. Even moreso when Fury started to go heavy on the clinching. If Wilder wants to come back from this he definitely needs to change camp and focus on getting a few more cards in his pocket, his one dimensionality really was exposed.

It looks like Wilder's eardrum was ruptured towards the end of R2, maybe early R3. Once his corner saw the blood coming out of his ear they really should have started to consider stopping the fight. When they realised he didn't have his legs under him, they definitely should have stopped it. It also looked like they knew something was up with Wilder's jaw at the end of R6. Completely clueless on how to manage the damage as well.

Last edited:

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wilder got exposed big time. Great performance from Fury but boy Wilder really can't fight when someone is up close with him.

Fury very AJ would be different. Fury would fight at range as AJ can actually fight inside and has much more punch variety than Wilder.

I really hope there isn't a third fight as it's pointless now.

Wilder needs to take stock and try make some improvements.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Wilder wants to come back from this he definitely needs to change camp and focus on getting a few more cards in his pocket, his one dimensionality really was exposed.

It looks like Wilder's eardrums were ruptured towards the end of R2, maybe early R3. Once his corner saw the blood coming out of his ear they really should have started to consider stopping the fight. When they realised he didn't have his legs under him, they definitely should have stopped it. It also looked like they knew something was up with Wilder's jaw at the end of R6. Completely clueless on how to manage the damage as well.

Wilder was exposed almost from the very first round of the first fight.

He almost couldn't throw a straight punch. Almost like he didnt know how, which didnt make sense as he needed all his reach to fight a taller man with longer reach.

He came out throwing pure, actual straight rights for a change this fight and I though okay maybe he has a chance at using speed to outbox Fury now, but he landed two of them and they basically did nothing to Fury.

Also, despite my feelings towards Wilder as a boxer, it was really upsetting to see how his corner left him for dead for so long. He looked like he didnt want to fight anymore since round 3. He looked like he couldn't. He couldnt defend himself. He was just a punching bag. It made the fight very difficult to watch round after round.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Totally comprehensive by Fury, probably lost only 2 rounds over both fights so why would he even entertain a rematch? Unification fight has to happen now, but Joshua won't want it. He will lowball Fury with a derisory purse split and wreck any chance of it happening. Joshua will continue fighting nobodies and maintaining the image that he is an elite boxer, when in all truth he isn't. Got lucky beating an over the hill Klitschko, beat a joke of a champion in Martin and got shown up by a fat no hoper.
No chance he beats Fury and he knows it.

Lol nobodies. AJ has mandatory defences. He has to fight Pulev or he loses a belt. His then got Usyk as a Mando who was unified CW champion.

AJ has no easy ride in the next 12 months. Usuyk won't be easy at all.

Obviously a unification fight can replace a Mando but that's all on if Wilder doesn't activate his rematch clause.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Totally comprehensive by Fury, probably lost only 2 rounds over both fights so why would he even entertain a rematch? Unification fight has to happen now, but Joshua won't want it. He will lowball Fury with a derisory purse split and wreck any chance of it happening. Joshua will continue fighting nobodies and maintaining the image that he is an elite boxer, when in all truth he isn't. Got lucky beating an over the hill Klitschko, beat a joke of a champion in Martin and got shown up by a fat no hoper.
No chance he beats Fury and he knows it.
They confirmed on UK radio this morning that the rematch is for the loser (I.e. Wilder) to enforce if he wants it, with a 60/40 purse in favour of the winner.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Lol nobodies. AJ has mandatory defences. He has to fight Pulev or he loses a belt. His then got Usyk as a Mando who was unified CW champion.

AJ has no easy ride in the next 12 months. Usuyk won't be easy at all.

Obviously a unification fight can replace a Mando but that's all on if Wilder doesn't activate his rematch clause.
AJ is gonna kill both of them, Pulev already lost to Klitschko years ago & hes not any better today & Usyk isn't a proper heavyweight even though hes a very good fighter, it seems Hearn just wants to wait until Fury runs off into the WWE for that easy money.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
AJ is gonna kill both of them, Pulev already lost to Klitschko years ago & hes not any better today & Usyk isn't a proper heavyweight even though hes a very good fighter, it seems Hearn just wants to wait until Fury runs off into the WWE for that easy money.

Hearn tweeted least night get the Fury fight done.

I don't know where this myth that AJ avoids fights comes from.

Whether one believes AJ wins those fights easily the point remains they are mandatory defences so he has to take those fights or lose the belts.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Well impressed by Fury, especially after his last fight.
Well impressed by Wilder's shoulders too.

Him and Fury will knock AJ the fuck out.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Wilder got exposed big time. Great performance from Fury but boy Wilder really can't fight when someone is up close with him.

Fury very AJ would be different. Fury would fight at range as AJ can actually fight inside and has much more punch variety than Wilder.

I really hope there isn't a third fight as it's pointless now.

Wilder needs to take stock and try make some improvements.
He got exposed the last fight with Fury, Fury just lacked the power from his 3 year lay off in the first fight, yet even then Fury unofficially won that fight.
Its 2/2 now for Fury, a 3rd fight is unnecessary imo.
Unification at HW should be next, we can finally crown a definitive HW unified champ in this era hopefully by end of 2020 early 2021.
Wilder lost so much tonight, $120 million, his belt, his record, history and a shit tonn of respect.
Good luck to him, unless he comes back and beats Fury, at the age of 35 he should just hang it up.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well impressed by Fury, especially after his last fight.
Well impressed by Wilder's shoulders too.

Him and Fury will knock AJ the fuck out.
This whole Wilder vs Fury episode should have taught everyone by now that styles make fights and that winning impressively vs one boxer doesnt automatically translate into winning the same way or even at all against another.

Let's just see what happens in the ring.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
Wilder needs a new trainer if he wants any more belts. The guy he has now doesn't bring anything.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Wilder wouldn't last 4 rounds Vs AJ. AJ fights him on his chest he knocks wilder out probably with an uppercut.
AJ hits harder than Fury, Wilder would have been koed tonight if he was in there with AJ.
As for Fury, AJ fights him coming forward and stops him in 7. End of the day AJ is no Wilder, he will put on a better performance against Fury than Wilder did.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
One boxer fought with two hands while the other only brought his right hand to the fight... Every time Wilder threw a jab it looked sloppy and inaccurate compared to the stiff jabs that Fury were planting on him.

Fury looks like the best all round heavy-weight boxer right now, he has the technique, power and discipline to be aggressive and defensive when he needs to be.

I still think AJ is a far better technical boxer than Wilder, think if they fought in the amateur scene Wilder would really struggle, but AJ's more careful nature and lack of commitment to end fights hurts him in close matches.

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
Wilder losing makes me happy. Fuck him. Though, I don't really like Fury either.

KiLLaDeZo

Banned
Mar 27, 2018
Wilder needs a new trainer if he wants any more belts. The guy he has now doesn't bring anything.
This. I have been saying this for time. Their game plan seems to be for wilder to take hits to the head and hopefully land his right. Th haven't evolved his style at all and have took the approach of " if it's not broken, don't fix it", but this approach isn't going to work forever.

Wilder at least lost to the best boxer in the world atm so you cant be mad. Just wish they had a damn game plan going in, especially after the first fight.

And lol at anybody who thinks AJ would of done better, please ,leave boxing alone.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Hearn tweeted least night get the Fury fight done.

I don't know where this myth that AJ avoids fights comes from.

Whether one believes AJ wins those fights easily the point remains they are mandatory defences so he has to take those fights or lose the belts.
I think AJ wants the fight in UK & he has said so, but his managing team is a different story, they don't want to risk losing that sweet dosh that Joshua's belt brings to the table.

Oct 25, 2017
AJ down and out in the 3rd.
Mark my words.

Wilder will still duck Joshua. If $100M didn't tempt the cowardice out of him then - there's no chance now because he ain't getting no where near that amount for any potential fight.

Wilder needs to fight Whtye who was his mandatory for over 900 days 😆

Though I can see him going for the grandpa on heart pills again if he doesn't take the Fury rematch.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I don't see how you can feel ripped off by this fight. Fury exhausted him and seemingly out boxed him within his means. It's not like this was going to end in fury being knocked out of the ring. His game plan was on point. That weight was a weapon.

If you effectively neutralized the man and beat the hell out of him. That makes you rethink the miracle punch strategy.

Deontay is about to be a much more dangerous fighter if he takes the right lessons. He's still young.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Wilder will still duck Joshua. If $100M didn't tempt the cowardice out of him then - there's no chance now because he ain't getting no where near that amount for any potential fight.

Wilder needs to fight Whtye who was his mandatory for over 900 days 😆

Though I can see him going for the grandpa on heart pills again if he doesn't take the Fury rematch.

I want to see Dubios vs AJ
Then Fury versus the winner.
Wilder Whyte would be a good one too.

Deontay is about to be a much more dangerous fighter if he takes the right lessons. He's still young.

He's 35 though.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how you can feel ripped off by this fight. Fury exhausted him and seemingly out boxed him within his means. It's not like this was going to end in fury being knocked out of the ring. His game plan was on point. That weight was a weapon.

If you effectively neutralized the man and beat the hell out of him. That makes you rethink the miracle punch strategy.

He'll probably need a new trainer to balance out his natural talent. Find more tools to compliment his right hand. Wilder's corner looked shocked and didn't seem to have any advice for him as he was sitting there beaten up and spitting blood. Reminded me of Tyson's corner against Douglas.

If not that, he'll at least have to go back to the basics, before he fell in love with his right hand. Over his last couple fights, he's let it get to the point where that's all he's looking to land without much of anything else to set it up. Fury has shown that this won't cut it against him.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Wilder got smoked. He was clinging on for dear life early. I thought Wilder's plan was to go longer...not helpful if your the one gassed and can barely stand lol

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
ERaMu2cUEAESYzR

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One boxer fought with two hands while the other only brought his right hand to the fight... Every time Wilder threw a jab it looked sloppy and inaccurate compared to the stiff jabs that Fury were planting on him.

Fury looks like the best all round heavy-weight boxer right now, he has the technique, power and discipline to be aggressive and defensive when he needs to be.

I still think AJ is a far better technical boxer than Wilder, think if they fought in the amateur scene Wilder would really struggle, but AJ's more careful nature and lack of commitment to end fights hurts him in close matches.

Wilders technique has always sucked and hes always relied on his ability to swing in fast punches from angles that catch people off guard.

Due to Furys height and reach advantage as well as technical ability, he couldnt get the angles he needed.

Last fight he tried one of his favourite things over and over. Get in close and try to wrap in a disguised right hand hook from behind the head.

He simply couldn't land it and that led to one of the reasons he looked so outclassed the first time. He couldnt jab because whenever he got close enough to jab, he was already in Furys jab range. He couldnt throw straights because whenever he got close enough to throw one, he was already in Furys range for one of his own.

He tried to.commit to straight punches early this fight and landed two straights on Fury, but since they arent his breed and butter, they were super telegraphed and didnt seem to have much bite despite landing them.

Wilder is about an inch taller than Joshua and has about an inch longer arms. That small difference means their speed and probably conditioning will be important in their fight.

Also weight.

Depending on the weight Joshua comes in at, we could see a similar pattern where Wilder can simply be bullied around the ring. Tyson Fury was able to physically move Wilder off his feet and push him around the ring just by hitting him, in both fights.

If Joshua is too big though, he can gas early like he used to when he was trying to look like a young Arnold Schwarzenegger in the ring.

Being the better boxer technically, as well as finding some new running/dancing shoes during the second Ruiz fight, Joshua should be able to outbox Wilder with solid straight punches from long range. He likes to stick to fundamental boxing, but it can leave him rigid and predictable. Just what a person like Wilder with a fast right hand that comes out of nowhere would be looking for.

Also, if Wilder can develop a reliable jab and stay disciplined enough to keep his punches long and sharp, he could use a smaller faster frame to outbox Joshua on the outside. That's a big if though. If he was capable if that, hed have done it to Fury.

I think the Fury fights (and even the Ortiz fights) shown that Wilder can he outboxed and out punched in the ring and doesnt react well to physical bullying.

I'm sure tha Joshua can outbox Wilder, I'm sure he can boss him around at the right weight, but I'm not sure if he can take Wilders punches.

If Joshua had an iron chin it would be no contest, game over. But.......

Conmex

Banned
May 19, 2018
Eardrum eardrum eardrum blah blah blah! The salt in Yank boxing fans is incredible. Wilder got thrown around the ring like the fraud ragdoll bitch he is, it was a complete domination, he should got back to fighting easy fights around the US for his paychecks. Fury absolutely schooled the shit out of him.
its always satisfying when a racist assclown gets embarrassed in front of the world.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think AJ wants the fight in UK & he has said so, but his managing team is a different story, they don't want to risk losing that sweet dosh that Joshua's belt brings to the table.

Joshua makes money regardless. His the money man of the division. AJ v Fury likely Saudi as they will put up crazy money to stage it.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017

Mate, Fury had no issues with Wlad and he seriously got to AJ. AJ also had big trouble with Povetkin.

Usyk is very, very, very capable of beating AJ. Very capable. If you believe AJ is some sort of undisputed God you'd be dead wrong.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mate, Fury had no issues with Wlad and he seriously got to AJ. AJ also had big trouble with Povetkin.

Usyk is very, very, very capable of beating AJ. Very capable. If you believe AJ is some sort of undisputed God you'd be dead wrong.
I think people are overestimating Usyk's HW capabilities. I'd have to see him fight a gatekeeper like Chisora to get a better feeling for how he deals with heavy guys. AJ can go full Wladimir Klitschko and box very well from the distance. His chin is suspect to be fair, but I've yet to see any indication that Usyk can crack HW chins. I think someone with big power like Haye transitions better from CW to HW than Usyk, even if Usyk is the better CW.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It stems from the fact that they offer massively low shares to the opposing fighters. They lowballed Wilder and that is why that fight never happened.

Another myth.

Louis Ortiz turned down more money to fight AJ than he made Vs Wilder.

What we do know is Dazn offered Wilder $100 mil guarantee for 3 fights with one of those being AJ and he said no.

AJ never had huge problems Vs Povetkin. He had a couple rounds to figure him out but then broke him down with jabs to the body and slowed him down.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
I think people are overestimating Usyk's HW capabilities. I'd have to see him fight a gatekeeper like Chisora to get a better feeling for how he deals with heavy guys. AJ can go full Wladimir Klitschko and box very well from the distance. His chin is suspect to be fair, but I've yet to see any indication that Usyk can crack HW chins. I think someone with big power like Haye transitions better from CW to HW than Usyk, even if Usyk is the better CW.

Not overestimating him at Heavyweight. But really he's so good size really won't be the barrier it would for other pure CW fighters. He's that good. He has a Lomachenko styled skill set that would defeat most. He's just had one of the most impressive string of fights a boxer has ever had in a division.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not overestimating him at Heavyweight. But really he's so good size really won't be the barrier it would for other pure CW fighters. He's that good. He has a Lomachenko styled skill set that would defeat most. He's just had one of the most impressive string of fights a boxer has ever had in a division.
Yeah his CW resume is excellent. But wait until he fights viable competition before you proclaim that he has a shot against a top 3 HW. The HW division is the strongest it's been since Lennox retired. Fury, AJ and Deontay are amazing, Whyte, Parker, Chisora, Ruiz Jr are pretty good and a huge stepping stone for anyone new to the division. People calling AJ or Deontay bums for losing matches are a joke.

I think a focused, relatively in shape Andy Ruiz Jr is comfortably better than Parker, Whyte and Chisora but that guy has an awful work ethic.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Wilder out in the 3rd. Like Fury, AJ can actually box.
Lol AJ is not Fury. AJ has no heart, is flatfooted, and doesn't have Fury's lateral movement or head movement. Wilder would put him out.

People keep talking about the $100mill for 3 fights. Attractions don't take flat fees for fights. Both men in tonight's fight will clear over a piece $60mill with percentages you watch.

Booker Do It

Sep 25, 2018
Another myth.

Louis Ortiz turned down more money to fight AJ than he made Vs Wilder.

What we do know is Dazn offered Wilder $100 mil guarantee for 3 fights with one of those being AJ and he said no.

AJ never had huge problems Vs Povetkin. He had a couple rounds to figure him out but then broke him down with jabs to the body and slowed him down.
I understand that the offer was 70-30 in Joshua's favour v Wilder. If you hold the key to unifying the belts are you really going to take what is essentially a sucker's share?
Don't get me wrong, Joshua is a decent boxer but has he really been tested by the best? Fury went to Germany and beat Klitschko in his own backyard, and dismantled Wilder in his. As soon as Joshua left his comfort zone away from the UK he got embarrassed by a fat chancer that will barely be heard from again, other than being mentioned as a former champ when he is back fighting other journeymen on the undercard of bigger fights.
I hope Fury and Joshua get it on at Wembley or elsewhere in the UK in the summer. That will be some event!

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Lol AJ is not Fury. AJ has no heart, is flatfooted, and doesn't have Fury's lateral movement or head movement. Wilder would put him out.

People keep talking about the $100mill for 3 fights. Attractions don't take flat fees for fights. Both men in tonight's fight will clear over a piece $60mill with percentages you watch.
Fury is way better than Joshua if he is off the drugs and trying.

But I am not sure how Fury is going to handle the success.