• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will win the fight?

• Wilder

Votes: 131 51.4%
  • Fury

Votes: 124 48.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
What an amazing story.

Never thought we'd see him in a ring again after the post-Klitschko coke binge and now he's serenading a Vegas crowd after defeating the scariest KO merchant Heavyweight boxing has seen in decades. One of boxing's greatest comeback stories.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Just not a satisfying fight for me. Freak injury leading to a predictable outcome. Once he exploded his ear it was over. Wilders corner could have gotten him killed. Thankfully the ref was on his game.

May 30, 2018
Joshua is going to run and avoid. Dude got clocked by Ruiz. Fury is stronger, taller, longer reach, more technical, etc.

Yeah no doubt Fury would be favored, but at least Joshua is more skilled than Wilder. I felt like Wilder banked everything on his right hand and Fury wasn't leaving himself open for it. Joshua is big and powerful too, I really think the Ruiz 1 fight was an aberration, I wouldn't count him out completely

Plus, after this beatdown, I don't think there's much to be gained from Wilder-Fury 3, even though I know it's guaranteed. Fury simply can not lose to Wilder imo, he's pretty much 2-0 against him, and now that he's in optimal shape he completely ragdolled Wilder.

So I hope Fury goes for Joshua

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just not a satisfying fight for me. Freak injury leading to a predictable outcome. Once he exploded his ear it was over. Wilders corner could have gotten him killed. Thankfully the ref was on his game.

This is where I am. I exclaimed out loud when he got knocked out down, then as soon as the camera zoomed in on his ear I was like...oh. Yeah.This shits getting called.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Hope this isn't just all talk as usual

AJ should be afraid

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Yep. Props to Fury, but the fight was over at that point. Was really looking forward to a classic after that first matchup. Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
AJ's promoter tweeting the fight has to happen this year

It's not lol.

I always hate to see a fighter get injured but that's just, sadly, a part of the game :/ I'm not satisfied mainly because of the stoppage. Should have been stopped earlier.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
What were the betting odds like on this fight? It wasn't an upset but seemed like a surprise ko.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, is knocking somebody out a freak injury too? Calling this a freak injury is implying Fury did not go in there and dominate Wilder. The injury happened because Fury was the aggressor and kept on him. It wasn't something that just happened from a clash of heads or something.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone saying freak injury gtfo he purposely hit him in the side of the head which caused the injury a light didn't fall from the ceiling and cause it

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot they had that rematch clause built in, so we'll probably get Fury/Wilder 3. Hope it's in Wembley

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
Fury is a beast lol, expected a longer fight.
Not sure what a 3rd match would accomplish.

Don't think AJ can ignore the $$$$$$$ on the table with a Fury fight. It has to happen sooner or later even if AJ gets his ass kicked (not sure Fury has the motivation to stay in top boxing shape though)

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Damn that was a disappointing fight but props to Fury, he dominated.

Also, why is everyone saying Joshua won't fight Fury?

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
In the boxing ring, an injury, freak or otherwise, can be caused by the person on the other side of the ring applying his or her boxing acumen, correctly, to defeating effect.

That is what happened tonight.

(And I say this as someone who wanted Wilder to win over Fury).

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Well Fury proved me wrong, I guess I should stop doubting him now.
Looks like Wilder has 30 days to activate the rematch clause in the contract.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Anyone saying freak injury gtfo he purposely hit him in the side of the head which caused the injury a light didn't fall from the ceiling and cause it
Holy shit. Fury threw a fairly straight on punch. It's not his fault Wilders technique is so bad he turned his head to take the impact side on. Just stop the excuses Fury has now dismantled him twice. Once over 12 rounds and after realising the corrupt judges will never give him a decision he trained for the knock out. What a man.

I want to see Fury v Joshua next and then win or lose I want to see Joshua vs Wilder. It would be a crime if the 3 big boys didn't fight each other. After the boring domination of the klitchkos boxing is now alive and well.

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
They will push for it to be somewhere stupid like the desert in Saudi Arabia instead of the UK.
Fair point...AJ has fought there as a boxer, and Fury has performed for WWE.

That said...Wembley is nailed on for their first fight. There is less likelihood of a rematch as with Wilder v Fury in LA, so they'll want to extract as much value as they can from this fight.

That occurs only in London...and in the summer to maximise supplimental PPV/TV rental -5 and -8 BST.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My friend is taking this L so personal. Like it's a travesty for people who aren't white.

I'm here laughing over how bad that fight went for Wilder.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Lost $250 on this fight 😬 luckily it was from winnings from my NBA picks but still tough. I'll never bet on boxing again lol

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Lol, I am taking you down with me.

it is true though, Fury gets doubted far too much.

There's always been questions about Wilder though, he has a suspect resume and technically he's all over the shop. There's a massive article somewhere calling him out on it and the people he has ducked too. The thing is his power is undeniable and it has overshadowed all that.

I think if Fury performed the same here as the Wallin fight this would have been another W for Deontay. But how he performed here was nuts, once he was someways into round 1 he was completely comfortable with managing Wilder. Those lunging jabs were doing work and probably felt like someone was pelting bricks at him.

It'll be interesting to see if he keeps going with this style, he looked fairly awkward throwing some of those power punches towards the end.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta hand it to Fury. His gameplan worked out to a tee. Did what he said he was going to do.

Wilder will have to undo the mistake of falling in love with his right hand. It's always been there, but he used to mix it up more. He can't fight Fury the way he fought Ortiz.