• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who will win the fight?

• Wilder

Votes: 131 51.4%
  • Fury

Votes: 124 48.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
That shot to the side of Wilder's head fucked him up early and it was never really a fight from that point on. Was hoping for another good match, but that's how shit goes sometimes.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Did Wilder get that much worse since the last fight or did Fury just have the perfect plan and execute it perfectly?

Seems like Fury learned a lot from their first encounter and Wilder was trying to do the same thing as the first time.

Fury perfect plan. But also that bust ear effectively ended the fight as soon as it happened.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Wilder had absolutely nothing after seemingly getting his eardrum popped. Good, if late call by his corner to end it.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
man, Wilder got DESTROYED. Dunno how/why the match wasn't stopped earlier by his corner - he looked completely lost after a couple of rounds.

Great showing by Fury. Absolutely dominant.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Fight was over with that ear shot. Wilder was never the more technical boxer, and was only ever going to win with power. Having his equilibrium rocked like that completely take away his power. Had absolutely no stance under him.

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
Good analysis from Lennox Lewis explaining the stoppage.

The ref was protecting Deontay.

The heavy weight strategy from Fury worked without a doubt. But Wilder had no new ideas from the last fight. He was beaten by an incredible boxer and Fury's reach and height and weight advantage was always going to be difficult to overcome.

Now, for all that is good and holy....

...we need to hope AJ defeats evil!

(Probably won't tho... :'( )

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
as soon as I saw the first knockdown combined with the bleeding ear I knew it wasn't gonna be a good look

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Something was wrong with Wilder's legs in this one. Dude was already gassed after 3 rounds.

He got punched in the ear and his eardrum ruptured. Fight should've been done a round later.

Really close to the same punch that fucked up Joshua, except Joshua just looked completely lost afterwards. Wilder was still mentally in it, but just couldn't do shit about it because his legs were done.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
They'll defo fill wembley for AJ vs Fury after that fight.

And Fury would clearly have to go in the absolute favourite to unify

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
327126-120416-ent-madmenfight-hmed.fit-760w.jpg

May 30, 2018
I think Fury is undeniably #1 now. He arguably beat Wilder the 1st time and bodied him the 2nd time. Joshua lost shine after the embarassing loss to Ruiz, I think Joshua is #2 atm.

For the sake of good boxing, I hope him and Joshua hash out a deal to fight, all belts+lineal title on the line, unify the division

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
crazy that Fury at that weight was able to really keep his pace up almost the whole time

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
They'll defo fill wembley for AJ vs Fury after that fight.

And Fury would clearly have to go in the absolute favourite to unify
AJ won't take that fight.

I think Fury is undeniably #1 now. He arguably beat Wilder the 1st time and bodied him the 2nd time. Joshua lost shine after the embarassing loss to Ruiz, I think Joshua is #2 atm.

For the sake of good boxing, I hope him and Joshua hash out a deal to fight, all belts+lineal title on the line, unify the division
Wilder would knock AJ out

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Big ups to Wilder being a class act about this loss.

Shit man, when it's all said and done, The Gypsy King is the one and only now.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017

Joshua is going to run and avoid. Dude got clocked by Ruiz. Fury is stronger, taller, longer reach, more technical, etc.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It really felt like Fury and Wilder were both not even there. Wilder was not his usual self, and Fury was in complete control.

Seems it was just the perfect gameplan.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How proud the Irish Traveller community has to be, to have the greatest HW in the world. Fury really showed out, so impressed.

I do too. He's a warrior and a standup guy. His corner saved him from himself though for sure. He got mauled.

LMAO, the ref saved him. The corner should've stopped things much earlier but I get why they didn't