• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
What's great about grifters are they hire other grifters, id be surprised if this 300 mil actually gets even a quarter of it's money (well, sigh, our money's) worth.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Join the pantheon with Scott Baio, John Voight, and maybe three others whose names escape me right now

Oct 25, 2017
For a minute I thought this was about Randy Quaid

giphy.gif

What the fuck are they spending 300 million dollars on?

Is Dennis Quaid fighting robots and zombies while the Beatles play in the background?

Yup

Not 300 million. Most movies don't even reach that high of a budget.

The ads are described as celebrities talking to people about how great Trump has handled COVID.

I have no idea what they cost but that sounds like a lot for something very simple.

the Lord of the Rings trilogy was filmed for just under that.

Most of the money is to buy time during television commercial breaks, people

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Ha, usually it's the Republicans doing doom and gloom since it's what works.

They know they're fucked when it comes to Covid messaging, no matter how much money they dump into trying to convince people otherwise.

Dega

Oct 25, 2017
Made me curious what Randy has been up to and oh boy he is even worse with the trump support.

RedSonja

Oct 29, 2017
I was going to watch The Parent Trap tonight, like I do every other month on a Saturday. Not any more!!

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The ads are described as celebrities talking to people about how great Trump has handled COVID.

I have no idea what they cost but that sounds like a lot for something very simple.

the Lord of the Rings trilogy was filmed for just under that.

Wow, these are taxpayer-funded campaign ads? Add another crime to the list.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What a fucking colossal waste of time and money. I never want to hear Republicans say shit after this administration (they will absolutely still say shit after this administration).

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see $300 million in taxes going to a coked-up asshole and a campaign to get us to spread the virus faster.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Pretty sure Randy is a huge Trumper too

RandyQuaidTrumpIsFreeingUs.jpg

Randy is completely unhinged btw it's a really interesting read. He believes he's being chased by the illuminati and they're trying to assassinate him and many other celebrities.

As for dennis this is such a bummer, I'd always assumed he was a reasonable guy. Guess I thought wrong

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if Trump took all the money he spent on propaganda downplaying COVID on actually fighting COVID.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
So fuck health care, PPE for essential workers, and financial relief for people affected.

But spend $300 million on ads? Sure, let's do that.

Scum.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
for a moment there I thought the thread title was wrong and TC meant to write "Randy". I had no idea Dennis was a Trumper like his brother. fuck both of them I guess.

I feel bad for his son. Jesus.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ARGH WHY NOT SPEND THAT MONEY SAVING PEOPLE GQWKLRNQWL:KR
Because it's campaign finance money?

Unless you mean why doesn't he instead do 'regular' campaign adverts instead of pushing lies about COVID? Then the answer is because it's Trump and he always takes the worst thing you can imagine and digs deeper.

edit -- Oh, shit.... well I guess that last part is true as always....

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
COVID despair kicks in when you realize the conservative movement wants to push a "back to normal" approach that will get people killed and resists any and all real plans to address this problem.

The despair is literally this administration's attitude and response. I know the sorrow I feel isn't of people merely getting COVID and things closing down, it's that our response to this has been as American as it gets, which is to say wrong on every level that matters. No rent and mortgage freezes. No emergency UBI like other countries are getting until at least summer 2021. Realizing normal won't be back for a long fucking while. Instead we have this push for a stock market that has no direct impact in the daily lives on most people it is imposed to be on as this childish illusion of normalcy and a fight against fucking masks.

This ad and actor can eat shit. Wasteful response by people avoiding the real problems manifesting in a stupidly expensive ad that's going to amount to nothing more than a fucking meaningless propaganda op about an administration that downplayed and has fought every fucking measure to do the right thing was actually the best response that could be done by any country.

Shithole ad for a shithole nation.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Did not know Dennis Quaid was a Trump guy. Dude is practically irrelevant nowadays so no big loss.