• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
www.rawstory.com

Dennis Quaid to star in Trump’s $300 million ad campaign against COVID ‘despair’: report

Americans should expect to see more of actor Dennis Quaid during television commercial breaks, according to a new report by Politico."The health department is moving quickly on a highly unusual advertising campaign to 'defeat despair' about the coronavirus, a $300 million-plus effort that was...

Americans should expect to see more of actor Dennis Quaid during television commercial breaks, according to a new report by Politico.

"The health department is moving quickly on a highly unusual advertising campaign to 'defeat despair' about the coronavirus, a $300 million-plus effort that was shaped by a political appointee close to President Donald Trump and executed in part by close allies of the official, using taxpayer funds," Politico's Dan Diamond reported Friday.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Damn how disappointing, I rewatch Day after Tomorrow as a guilty pleasure a lot, not I gotta know in real life he's a climate denier. What a shame.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From one Quaid to another:

Av4z.gif

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
How is this not using tax payer money for a political campaign. Isn't there something better to spend this huge amount of money to help battle against covid? Is this because their campaign is low on funds?

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Welp, no more Enemy Mine for me. Says a lot when you're from the same family as Randy Quaid, and you're the crazy one.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
"Senior administration officials have already recorded interviews with celebrities like actor Dennis Quaid and singer CeCe Winans, and the Health and Human Services Department also has pursued television host Dr. Mehmet Oz and musician Garth Brooks for roles in the campaign," Politoc noted. "The public awareness campaign, which HHS is seeking to start airing before Election Day on Nov. 3, was largely conceived and organized by Michael Caputo, the health department's top spokesperson who took medical leave last week and announced on Thursday that he had been diagnosed with cancer."

$$$

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
My bestie used to work at a hospital in Los Angeles that a lot of Hollywood celebrities stayed at during alcohol and drug rehab. Among these was Dennis Quaid. She doesn't lack for stories about what an asshole he was.