• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
People have a right to dislike it but let's not try and argue it shouldn't exist or should be removed in a general broad sense.

I mean I know people who never use music apps while gaming but the apps still exist and people can choose to play other music instead of the ingame music while playing a specific game.

Is that wrong? Should they be forced to listen to some boss music for a particular boss battle instead because other music will "break the immersion"?

I mean not only is this tucked away into the UI so you won't even see it unless you seek it, but it is optional, you can play the game without using it once.

Others will and for that reason it is why it exists.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
I imagine this feature will be one of the first to go. That is a lot of content to create & integrate.

svnty6rs3

May 13, 2020
Yeah, so much fun. Seriously, this is toxic. None of you care to discuss my actual points either. And most of you are just projecting on my post as if I'm doing any kind of gatekeeping or stopping people from enjoying the game.

I'm guessing the election and current CONSOLE WARZ has made things more heated around here. The last time I said my opinion on a Sony strategy I was piled on too.
Nothing wrong with not liking a feature but just initially saying "i don't particularly like this" without any kind of reasoning lends itself to others questioning why you don't like it.

it's an optional feature but if your worried about content creators then i can definitely see where you're coming from but i think they will be fine.

delete

Jul 4, 2019
Love seeing people get mad at options like this.

200.gif
It really boggles my mind, making games more accessible without compromising the mechanics of the game should be celebrated by everyone.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Wow, such a great work! I'm not gonna use it for a game like Demon's Souls, I think it's kinda pointless since difficulty and discovery are key in souls games, but I guess it's still a nice feature to include for other players that may need it.

Oct 30, 2017
I've been trying Dark Souls III to get an idea of the game mechanic in preparation for Demon's Souls and this "community driven experience" or finding out how the game works seems to largely consist of bickering, gate-keeping, and some people feeling that because they had to spend 8 hours a day for weeks to figure things out and "git gud" then you need to, too.
It's also hard to find even general tips without spoilers telling you exactly how to build, what boss to ignore first, and why choosing/doing X is dumb.

I get the feeling the people here most upset by this "easy mode" are the gate-keeper types themselves that feel some kind of genuine achievement from a video game they don't want others to have or be able to claim without putting in the same hours they did.

Fuck all of that. If I can get tips and tricks without spoilers or dealing with obnoxious people who want to humble brag about how easy it was for them, my enjoyment of the game will be immeasurably better.

And that's the only reason I play games. I've got too much going on in real life I'd rather spend time "getting good" at.
Maybe try participating in some discussions here. I can imagine the frustration especially if you're trying to avoid spoilers.

I'd be more than happy to give DS3 advice to someone who wants help. I've helped a number of friends nearly the whole game.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I am a souls fan and getting "spoiled" on basic stuff that i could find in a guide means nothing for my experience, i am no purist who only finds joy in blind only playthroughs. It extra doesn't matter with an old game, the surprises could be spoiled but you still have to do the stuff yourself, avoid some confusion.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Considering it's tied to PS+ i imagine every 1st party title will support this.

I imagine so. I have a harder time imagining other publishers utilizing it well...or at all.

And if few games, other than 1st party, use the feature it will eventually be dropped across the board.
Nintendo has a history with this sort of thing (creating a feature only they use with regularity). I can see it going the same way with Sony.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I probably wouldn't use this for strats, but when it comes to make sure I don't miss content I will use it. I spent so much time on the internet when I played dark souls 3 and Bloodborne, to make sure I didn't miss hidden areas.

bug

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Paris
This is great.

It's absolutely bananas that anyone would legitimately take issue with this for a remake of a PS3 game.
Something I don't understand about the ELITE players. If they really want a challenge, why do they not play with a broken controller with only one finger?

47 hours to complete TLOU2 on hard on my firsrt playtrough. Enjoyed it, best game ever.
Around 6+ months maybe more to finish Bloodborne (with a friend help around the end). Enjoyed it, best game ever ;)

Id like to replay and try to finish DS, there's no easy mode. Please let me check the hints, if you are an ELITE play with one finger, thanks.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I am a souls fan and getting "spoiled" on basic stuff that i could find in a guide means nothing for my experience, i am no purist who only finds joy in blind only playthroughs. It extra doesn't matter with an old game, the surprises could be spoiled but you still have to do the stuff yourself, avoid some confusion.

You have to go out of your way to watch these videos. How is that spoilers in any sense?

convo

Oct 25, 2017
You have to go out of your way to watch these videos. How is that spoilers in any sense?
I don't know how these things unlock, if they are all open or get unlocked as you progress.
It's just my usual attitude to spoilers in general, i watch other stream the game befor i have the game, which i'll use for my own playthrough. It might not be pure but i manage to have fun and love the series.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
There better not be a trophy attached to this....watch all 180 videos.....trophy awarded. lol

BitterFig

Oct 30, 2017
Do you have to awkwardly say 'thanks game help' each time you beat a boss using these videos?

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't know if I'm going to like this feature. It feels like the ultimate handholding. The Skyward Sword of features if you will.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Some of y'all are fuckin' insufferable. You don't gotta use it! Shut the fuck up for real!

I really hope developers outside of 1st party or exlcusive stuff make use of this feature because its pretty awesome.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Gives someone in QA something to do for a few months. I wonder if devs will keep up with this expectation though. Seems unlikely to be honest, but I could be wrong.

It could be a nice way to format a developer commentary. Maybe instead of help you could look up the video about the design of that particular level or something like that.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao at the people being mad about this feature, people still need to be able to actually play the game and complete the challenge, I don't see how that's worse than just googling the things and go to the wiki, it's just more streamlined for the casual player.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here for the salty og souls fans who are mad at accessiblity features. Anyway i wont use them, but they are a great option for those who want them. Dont like them? Dont use them.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
I'm highly upset. Why is PlayStation helping people play Demon Souls? I want people to suffer through trial and error, bang their head like I did my first time through and overcome it! I can't believe this shit. Fuck this game now. I can't in good conscious pick this game up anymore. Other people's experience negatively impacts my enjoyment with my own copy and I can't in good conscious support this game with my money.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm highly upset. Why is PlayStation helping people play Demon Souls? I want people to suffer through trial and error, bang there head like I did my first time through and overcome it! I can't believe this shit. Fuck this game now. I can't in good conscious pick this game up anymore. Other people's experience negatively impacts my enjoyment with my own copy and I can't in good conscious support this game with my money.
Thank you lol

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how these things unlock, if they are all open or get unlocked as you progress.
It's just my usual attitude to spoilers in general, i watch other stream the game befor i have the game, which i'll use for my own playthrough. It might not be pure but i manage to have fun and love the series.

Its no different to being upset that youtubers post solutions. They're not going to be showing you solutions or tips unless you go looking for them.

Jul 15, 2019
Sounds great. I can't see myself ever using it and will immediately turn off any pop-up notifications if they exist, though. For me personally, figuring things out is a big part of the fun. But that's one cool thing about it, it's easy to access while being completely unobtrusive (I think?). It also seems like a great alternative to easy modes, when developers want to finely tune and perfect a single difficulty.

It could be a nice way to format a developer commentary. Maybe instead of help you could look up the video about the design of that particular level or something like that.

This is a really cool idea! Kind of like audio commentary on movies, I would love to watch developer commentary videos after clearing a game.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Can you turn that off? Haven't really been keeping up with ps5 interface topics. I already regret using walkthroughs for games now, I imagine I'll hate myself when it's that easy to do lol

Oct 27, 2017
So they finally caved in and implemented the "easy mode" huh.
Hopefully this feature will make the game more accessible to more people, while keeping the difficulty intact.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Its no different to being upset that youtubers post solutions. They're not going to be showing you solutions or tips unless you go looking for them.
Some poeple don't want to see everything, that's how some trophies are behind spoilers on playstation and wonder if this feature is that thought out as well. Players may want some help but not the ending spoiled.
There are people who got accidentally spoiled to the final boss of ds3 because they accidentally pushed down and saw the community tab on PS4 and saw someone stream the final boss in a thumbnail.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
I usually play games on easy mode but ive never had any trouble with the souls series because the option to summon people is always there. Anyway don't mind these videos, i probably wont use them though.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some poeple don't want to see everything, that's how some trophies are behind spoilers on playstation and wonder if this feature is that thought out as well. Players may want some help but not the ending spoiled.
There are people who got accidentally spoiled to the final boss of ds3 because they accidentally pushed down and saw the community tab on PS4 and saw someone stream the final boss in a thumbnail.
You think the videos are just going to appear and spoil the game?

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
This is great. Honestly, this is what is needed for an "easy" mode option in the game. Doesn't touch the mechanics but makes sure that new players are well informed and arguably addresses the biggest source of Demons Souls difficulty.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
I'm highly upset. Why is PlayStation helping people play Demon Souls? I want people to suffer through trial and error, bang their head like I did my first time through and overcome it! I can't believe this shit. Fuck this game now. I can't in good conscious pick this game up anymore. Other people's experience negatively impacts my enjoyment with my own copy and I can't in good conscious support this game with my money.

Still better than the walkthroughs on YouTube.