• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HouseDragon

Dec 4, 2017
HOLY SHIT

Seeing this in motion would've been even better. It feels surreal to have a Demon's Souls remake by bluepoint, but it looks INSANE!

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Not sure how this changes things. I don't think anyone had a problem with the graphical fidelity itself which is obviously way above the original.

w53VqVJ.png

PS3 (emulated, but looks accurate to what was in the game) vs PS5 Remake.

This is what doesn't look good. The enemies/areas have complete redesigns to their detriment - this looks like an enemy out of the new DOOM games.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure how this changes things. I don't think anyone had a problem with the graphical fidelity itself which is obviously way above the original.

This is what doesn't look good. The enemies have complete redesigns to their detriment - this looks like an enemy out of the new DOOM games.

This enemy looks amazing

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria

This is what doesn't look good. The enemies/areas have complete redesigns to their detriment - this looks like an enemy out of the new DOOM games.
Above looks like Doom 3, below Looks like Doom Eternal. So.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Worth mentioning on the first page here but game features two graphical modes:
  • One favoring graphical detail (which includes ray-tracing)
  • One favoring framerate
Game also features a new (yet to be detailed) 'Fractured Mode'.

Also the video seemed to hint at a frozen world as well (6th arch stone, the DLC that never materialized for the original game).

Not a good sign for 60fps + Ray tracing. 1440p + 60fps + RT is not possible then. Hope the can use reconstruction technique like 1800 checker boarding with RT to reach 60fps like what nvidia us doing with rtx cards.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, i think they fucked up the color palette completely. The candle lit, diseased, eriee, dusty look of the original is gone and what i see is Demon's Souls through Dark Souls Remastered/BB lenses (I wonder if they did this on purpose, or were asked to!)... it does change the whole feeling about that world for me. Even that Demon leans more towards Doom Eternal then to an eldritch Souls demon. Are they working in collaboration with FS on the artistic side of things?

We'll see better when screens of Latria and Valley come out. Or of The Old Monk or The Adjudicator.

But it does look wonderfully detailed and technologically impressive, what a team at Bluepoint!

I remember I got an art book with Dark Souls, is there something similar for Demon's?

Fwiw I think it looks unbelievably good but I understand where you're coming from. The Halo anniversary overhaul is shocking in how much it ignores the originals art direction.

almutama

Oct 27, 2017
I personally don't mind the design changes that much. Both versions, remake and original can coexist, so I'd rather have a re-imagining than a straight remaster. The screenshots look phenomenal

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
The new Vanguard Demon doesn't "look like a Doom enemy"

Doom enemies looked like the old Vanguard Demon

lmao

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP

The one in piss filter looks hilarious.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
entering this thread and seeing these screenshots was my first real this is next gen moment. Even after seeing the Horizon 2 trailer. IDK why

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Man, the rest of the PS5 reveal didn't do much for me, but this looks absolutely incredible.

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely amazing and made the conference for me. I was going to get a ps5 no matter what but damn this is just icing.

and people are salivating about the graphics—just imagine what the sounds are going to be like...