• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
So let's all hope those aren't bullshots and we won't see a massive downgrade, eh 😆

Agent_J

Oct 30, 2017
That comparison! Wow! I cannot understand all the haters from the other thread shitting on the remake style. If you want that piss filter, play the original. The remake looks stunning!

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Screenshots look a LOT better. Trailer is kinda dogshit in comparison, guess it was just some VisDev thing they decided to sling together?

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
w53VqVJ.png

PS3 (emulated, but looks accurate to what was in the game) vs PS5 Remake.

Insane.

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Wow, actually looks much better than what we've seen. I feel like the videos are way too compressed too... so that doesn't help.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Worth mentioning on the first page here but game features two graphical modes:
  • One favoring graphical detail (which includes ray-tracing)
  • One favoring framerate
Game also features a new (yet to be detailed) 'Fractured Mode'.

Also the video seemed to hint at a frozen world as well (6th arch stone, the DLC that never materialized for the original game).
SO you cannot enable both ray-tracing and 60fps at the same time? Shame.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
w53VqVJ.png

Danke.

Is it not wonderful that after years upon years of expressing desire to see this game be ported/remastered/remade.... after all the threads and time spent imagining these things, it is finally made manifest!

We return to where it all began.

And FWIW, I sincerely feel that Shuhei Yoshida was a notable driving force behind this remake given he publicly expressed his deep regret about how he had failed to foresee where Souls title would land and consequently how he dismissed the OG game back in the day. This feels like nothing short of a redemption arc for Yoshida-san.

Pixis

Oct 31, 2017
Looks breathtaking - not just artistically but sheer geometric detail, textures etc. Looks genuinely next-gen.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell does these look better than the ones in the trailer topic?

Why they haven't shown these?

I mean, the ones in the trailer thread LOOKS WORSE than the original in many cases.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
Looks terrific from a technical point of view, but i'm not a fan of how they changed the art direction.

Just like SoTC. Exactly what i expected.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yeah, just give me a solid date and 10 minute of gameplay and I'll be good till launch. It looks fucking awesome.

Oct 27, 2017
Roma, Italia
w53VqVJ.png

Honestly, i think they fucked up the color palette completely. The candle lit, diseased, eriee, dusty look of the original is gone and what i see is Demon's Souls through Dark Souls Remastered/BB lenses (I wonder if they did this on purpose, or were asked to!)... it does change the whole feeling about that world for me. Even that Demon leans more towards Doom Eternal then to an eldritch Souls demon. Are they working in collaboration with FS on the artistic side of things?

We'll see better when screens of Latria and Valley come out. Or of The Old Monk or The Adjudicator.

But it does look wonderfully detailed and technologically impressive, what a team at Bluepoint!